nmims or syntel job?

11 Posts  ·  10 Users
About this group
hi guys, a frnd of mine has secured admission to nmims (fresher engg,just as me). he has also got a placement at syntel (starting salary arnd 2 l.p.a). he's confused as to wat he shud do. is nmims really that good????? pls reply fast ,,,as he ha...
Page 1 of 2

Not sayin anythin new...

but thoht i'd state mah opinion...

Take the job...give the CAT...go to an IIM

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Hi,

I have been working wid Syntel since Aug 2003. And I would say tht it's better than joining NM at the moment.

The stuff abt the nite shifts is true to an extent.,cos by and large it depends on your project. In my project (AMEX) just abt 5-6 modules have to work in the nites on a regular basis.

I would say take it up, you can always play around wid the work timings to suit you...i can help you out in this regard

As far as the aggregate bit goes, they won't entertain u if u have lesst thn 60. U mite try jhol-jhaal and get ur aggri to 60, but if the HR finds out (most probably they will) they are gonna chuck you out.

Don't worry abt the bond, Syntel is helpful in dis aspect-if you get thru a good b-school, sab maaf 😃

nething else PM moi

rgds
ron

hi

I had some query regarding syntel, just don wan to start a new thread. Can someone tell me how much does the aggregate matters in syntel. They have a very heavy recruitment for freshers, I had missed its test in pune earlier just a month back ,but it has come again for freshers. Should I appear for it as My aggre is below 60.

Without doubt go for Syntel.

NMIMS sucks with reservations and very poor placements.
1 year with Syntel will give ur frnd work ex + an opportunity to MBA from a better school next year. Dont worry bout the bond stuff.

me having 1.5 yrs exp in IT industry.
Also working in SEEPZ..Mastek Ltd.

--Mandar

Without a doubt...Syntel.
I'll tell you why.
--The program at NMIMS isnt too great. Half the time the students chill in the compound like they have nothing to do.
--It isn't a residential program, so obviously it can't be too intensive.
--I have done my BMS and we have had guest lecturers from NMIMS... not too great!
--Placement scene is very dead. Finance guy are having a tough time with Summer placements!!!!!

--Work Ex will hold you in good stead for an MBA later on.
--Also the MBA is a course where work-ex adds value to the education
--A lot of colleges like students with work-ex as they are easier to place.

Don't pass this up for NMIMS of all places!!!!

A note::: BMS students don't compete for placements with nmims students, as was mentioned earlier. Companies looking for MBAs won't compromise on that. Anyway there is no formal placement procedure in BMS colleges. All placements come through personal contacts of the student or profs. So that is not a hassle. (trust me, i know... im from a BMS college from next door..the only 'placements' this year and last year were Mckinsey Knowledge Centre (6 recruited last year and 3 this year)

vik
@vik  ·  0 karma

My view,

With a decent job as Syntel, I would suggest to drop NM and give one more try the next year. 1 year of job exp. will be an added advantage. Also according to me there are lots of better B-Schools to try for.

What to hurry ??

working for one year and trying for better institutions is better option. But depends on the work load you would face in the company. But NMIMS, well not too good. As already mentioned in prev post it does not take much effort to get into NMIMS class of institutes.

I would say "Where would you like to see yourself after 2 years?". With the number of seats increasing in IIM and other premier institutes, you will have a large number of MBA grads after 2 years. And when you come out of NMIMS, you might not have the opputinuty to go at full force in your MBA career.

Rather even if you donot get anywhere, after 2 years, you could be earning $$$$. Of course Job satisfaction ... well you can always "jump" "jump" and "jump"!

😁

Of course, its again a personal chice.

a more serious reply now

NMIMS has 240 seats with 50%reservations. Also the BMS students there compete fro jobs that come along to NM. so basically there r around 400 students competing for jobs. Can get pretty screwy. if ur pal has gotten into NM this yr ..he can do that a few yrs down the line too. ask him to give a shot for a better inst next yr.

cheers
lazy

Well even i had a job offer from syntel as a fresher altho salary was quite more than that

well if ur friend has gone over the letter from syntel it states a One year BOND ..of 1 lakh or sthin... it might /might not have some implications if he wants to do an mba next year... cos well come what may his one year term wont be over b4 2005 july

syntel is a decent company but they keep chgin ur shifts...to suit their overseas clients..
pay is good... with sthin like 300 rs extra for night shift or sthn...

NMIMS umm frankly i hate the college now... personal viewpoint !
but at one point of time it had good reputation in mumbai....

even i wud say nmims nooooooo lol
but syntel aint tht gr8 as well !! with the bond nd stuff coming in

tell ur frnd to msg me and i'll give him a pals number whos workin in syntel
nd he'll let him kno wht its like

cheers

hello

disclaimer : Views expressed here are solely those of the authors'

NMIMS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
please please please take up Syntel and try again next year

NMIMS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

cheers
lazy

P.S : NMIMS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO