NMIMS 2013 CD & PI Experience

335 Posts  ·  287 Users
About this group
CD and Interviews for NMiMS are going to start. All the best to everyone for their CD and interviews and please post your experience of the same.For the benefit of everyone concerned, please keep the format like this: *DATE -* *SLOT -* ...
Page 1 of 34

hello puys ...can someone guide me how do we proceed for loans ..
also as in case of nmims we need to pay around 6 to book seats ...so is loan available in this short span of time ???

MDI Gurgaon -Batch of 2013-15 Cat 99%tile calls IIM R,R,R,U,K,T,FMS,MDI,IIT-D| XLRI-BM|NMIMS|
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
@visionIIM-ACL - hi please close this thread as the purpose is fulfilled!
Shubham Shukla NMIMS MUMBAI MBA CORE Never give up! just make sure you are ready!
@Rising666 -your own comments are ironic .
anyway first what the professor do in 4-5 minutes is their decision, but believe me they know the best. they are from industries and well experienced,seen the corporate world handled difficult and complex situations. on the other hand ,you, about to do your mba(from whichver college you do) still have to learn the ways the management works.
hope for the best. you have done wat best u cud do in 4-5 minutes rest is all taken care by the prestigious colleges.!!

all the best!
Shubham Shukla NMIMS MUMBAI MBA CORE Never give up! just make sure you are ready!
ANS13
Abi @ANS13  ·  1,185 karma
@Rising666 said:
I am writing this before the results on purpose else if I don't convert and then if I write this,I would be branded as another product of 'Grapes are sour' story.I don't understand the selection process of the college specifically the CD/PI process.Fact # 1 : During CD,a group of 12 candidates were asked to appear for it and the combined time for discussion was given as 15 minutes.How can the panel judge and give marks to each and every candidate out of the 12 in such a short time?Out of the 15 minutes given for discussion,most of the time is spent when at least 2 candidates are talking simultaneously.Also,in 'conclusion' phase,the 1st one to speak covers most of the points and others simply repeat those.Now a days,everyone is well aware of the behaviour and manners required in CD as all attend coaching classes for that.So,more or less,most of the candidates seem similar.Now don't tell me that the moderators of the CD are able to recognize the right candidate on the basis of such short time.Fact # 2 : Most of the candidates had interviews which lasted for average 10 minutes.I even heard cases where it lasted for mere 4-5 minutes.What's the rush I don't understand.Why can't the panel try to know the candidate better by spending more time with him/her? Again you would say that they are experts and are able to judge.But I beg to differ because IAS/IPS interviews won't have lasted for so long based on your 'expert judges' theory.They should try to really know the person by spending more time with him and if you don't have time for that,extend your CD/PI window.Simple.I bet that after result is announced,we would see many candidates saying that 'I had a great CD/PI but still I am rejected'.Same thing has happened with other colleges as well...even when the the panel spent more time in judging the candidates.But,as far as this college is concerned,we would see more of those.Specially after spending so much for just getting an opportunity to attend the CD/PI.(Yes , this college follows that weird policy of making candidates pay for even attending the CD/PI).Imagine the state of mind of a candidate who after spending Rs.1650*3 for 3 attempts of NMAT+Rs.950 for CD/PI and then took a flight from his hometown to Mumbai and back (Approx Rs.7000) plus room accomodation (Rs.800-1000) and who is willing to pay close to Rs.15 lakhs and finally he gets just 1 minute to talk in CD and 5-8 minutes in interview and based on that he's rejected.If this is happening,there sure is some issue which needs to be corrected.(Also,I am avoiding to go into the details of no refreshments(apart from tea and biscuits) being provided during the entire process even after paying Rs.950.)P.S : I am not against anyone.Just trying to express what I feel.This is a prestigious college with expert faculty and they must be knowing what they are doing,but consider this as a voice of a common aspirant who decided to express whatever he feels and I am sure many would agree to this too.
Nothing can be said buddy..I had a extremely long interview and was grilled royally..i wish I had a short interview because the long interview might have resulted in very low score in PI...nothing can be said as perfect..maybe shorter PIs will fetch more marks...CD part...its mystery in every B school GD/CD
XLRI 2014-16
I am writing this before the results on purpose else if I don't convert and then if I write this,I would be branded as another product of 'Grapes are sour' story.

I don't understand the selection process of the college specifically the CD/PI process.

Fact # 1 : During CD,a group of 12 candidates were asked to appear for it and the combined time for discussion was given as 15 minutes.

How can the panel judge and give marks to each and every candidate out of the 12 in such a short time?Out of the 15 minutes given for discussion,most of the time is spent when at least 2 candidates are talking simultaneously.Also,in 'conclusion' phase,the 1st one to speak covers most of the points and others simply repeat those.Now a days,everyone is well aware of the behaviour and manners required in CD as all attend coaching classes for that.So,more or less,most of the candidates seem similar.Now don't tell me that the moderators of the CD are able to recognize the right candidate on the basis of such short time.

Fact # 2 : Most of the candidates had interviews which lasted for average 10 minutes.I even heard cases where it lasted for mere 4-5 minutes.

What's the rush I don't understand.Why can't the panel try to know the candidate better by spending more time with him/her? Again you would say that they are experts and are able to judge.But I beg to differ because IAS/IPS interviews won't have lasted for so long based on your 'expert judges' theory.They should try to really know the person by spending more time with him and if you don't have time for that,extend your CD/PI window.Simple.

I bet that after result is announced,we would see many candidates saying that 'I had a great CD/PI but still I am rejected'.Same thing has happened with other colleges as well...even when the the panel spent more time in judging the candidates.But,as far as this college is concerned,we would see more of those.Specially after spending so much for just getting an opportunity to attend the CD/PI.(Yes , this college follows that weird policy of making candidates pay for even attending the CD/PI).Imagine the state of mind of a candidate who after spending Rs.1650*3 for 3 attempts of NMAT+Rs.950 for CD/PI and then took a flight from his hometown to Mumbai and back (Approx Rs.7000) plus room accomodation (Rs.800-1000) and who is willing to pay close to Rs.15 lakhs and finally he gets just 1 minute to talk in CD and 5-8 minutes in interview and based on that he's rejected.If this is happening,there sure is some issue which needs to be corrected.(Also,I am avoiding to go into the details of no refreshments(apart from tea and biscuits) being provided during the entire process even after paying Rs.950.)

P.S : I am not against anyone.Just trying to express what I feel.This is a prestigious college with expert faculty and they must be knowing what they are doing,but consider this as a voice of a common aspirant who decided to express whatever he feels and I am sure many would agree to this too.
Ashes don't signify the end.The inability to rise does.
2 likes

Junta ko package ka tension hai even before the list is out. I wish I could be that sure of converting my call.

@shadowwarrior avg package for BM-CM is around 8-9....that's what i hav heard...
@hiteshpratap said:
boss i guess placement season is still on ...PS - correct me if I am wrong
Yes sir, abhi to 2013 chal hi raha hai.. how can that be expected? :P
Wait till Apr-May I think for that..
Senior Product Manager || Lenskart.com || XLRI Business Management || 2013 - 2015 
@hiteshpratap said:
boss i guess placement season is still on ...PS - correct me if I am wrong
i came across this:
http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-03-22/mumbai/31224256_1_rs-30l-placement-season-nmims

so last yr, placement season seems to have got over in march....

i saw in the comments that some person says avg for finance is 8-9lpa....do u people think that number is true...?
( nmims mightn't be IIMA but it is reasonably popular and has the tactical adv of being in mumbai.....)
@ggouthamm said:
@dhruvwali we are asking 2013 placement report...

boss i guess placement season is still on 😃 ...

PS - correct me if I am wrong
#UDT13