NMAT scores

13 Posts  ·  7 Users
About this group
*This thread is for sharing the NMAT SCORES *NMAT is the MBA entrance exam for admissions to Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) Mumbai and PGDM courses at Bangalore and Hyderabad. NMAT-2012 is being conducted from ...
Page 1 of 2

One, I believe it's not correct to have started this thread when results haven't been declared yet.
Two, I think 180-240 window is too big especially because cutoffs would range around 210, a better thing to do would have been 180-200,200-220,220-240, smaller windows just to reflect as to how close the scorers are, for it would be most of these guys 200-220ish who'd get calls imo. A smaller window around this mark would be a better pointer if you should go for a retest or not.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

@all kindly dont speculate the scores no one can predict how much one can get in exam...so kindly wait for results be declared and then start the thread

@mod please close this thread as this speculation of scores going on..

JCU Singapore 2012 - 2013
Please go through last year polls and change accordingly. Polls are used not just to conclude if one should give a retake or not but also reflects the cut-offs.

Please change or else open a new thread.

I agree with you buddy...I believe the option of 0-60 is not needed because as such people scoring in that range won't be in the competition for getting a call from any of the program...so, starting from 60-80, we can reach 221-240 in 9 options and the 10th one can be 240+ which would be a really safe score to get a call for MBA (Core)...

Please edit the poll if it is possible or else, start a new thread...it's still not late to move to a new thread
Dr. Gaurav Mehta, HRM&LR Batch of 2012-14, TISS-Mumbai

First of all, thanks for starting this thread...A very good initiative...Though I feel the poll could have been better in terms of range...We are allowed up to 10 options so why not use them? Please edit and make the range narrower, if it is possible...

A sincere request to everyone---Please do not indulge in bogus voting :nono:...This is not an AIMCAT poll where your vote will not have much of a psychological impact on anyone...People might end up wasting a few bucks and precious time just because of the fake votes...So please refrain from doing that :nono:

Also, please post your sectional and overall scores along with a brief analysis of what you felt about your paper...that would give a clearer picture to the ones who are on the borderline...it would be great if you could attach a snapshot of the page...u can blur out your details like name, registration number etc. if you wish...

@Mods--I request you to take some serious action against anyone found indulging in fake voting

Dr. Gaurav Mehta, HRM&LR Batch of 2012-14, TISS-Mumbai
Nice analysis dude..:clap::clap:

yes the good score category is debative topic :):) but looking at this years toughness level i believe not many will be able to score in 270 range( i cant even imagine that range for myself in this tough LR test)...

and one more thing about poll is that we can have only 10 intervals so i cant make it to 0-30 cause i will need 12 polls to reach 360 and maximum allowed is 10...

yeah the person who voted in 180-240 category should be interrogated by the pearson that how they got to know the score....;););)

Guys dont put your speculative score put the real score after nmat reveals it on website.

Please go through last year polls and change accordingly. Polls are used not just to conclude if one should give a retake or not but also reflects the cut-offs.

Please change or else open a new thread.
NITIE Management Batch 2012-14
Same thing applies to me. Even my opinions may be incorrect. I feel not 240 but 270 is a good rather safe score. 240 is competitive. a guy with 240 has to give a good GD PI and hence is likely to miss out a convert in case of an avg GD PI. But a 270 wala puy would miss out a convert only if he does poorly. Thus an avg GD PI would eliminate 240 wala puy but not the 270 wala puy. Thats my definition of a safe and hence a good score.

But say there are 80 people who voted between 180-240. Those who get 180-200, as you said are more likely to think of reattempting.

But what should the one who scored 220 do? He thinks there are 80 people in his category. How many below and how many up? And say there are 60 who score above 240. So one who has say, 260 has no chance whatsoever to predict how many are above him or how many below. And hence ends up being clueless, inspite of a very good score.
Thats my point but nevertheless its due to the difference of opinion between what a good or safe score is...

1 more vote in 180-240 category some guys have hacked Pearson vues' data I guess....:clap: poor me! poor at hacking...

Nice analysis dude..:clap::clap:

yes the good score category is debative topic :):) but looking at this years toughness level i believe not many will be able to score in 270 range( i cant even imagine that range for myself in this tough LR test)...

and one more thing about poll is that we can have only 10 intervals so i cant make it to 0-30 cause i will need 12 polls to reach 360 and maximum allowed is 10...

yeah the person who voted in 180-240 category should be interrogated by the pearson that how they got to know the score....;););)

Guys dont put your speculative score put the real score after nmat reveals it on website.
Thanks for the advice man!!! :)
i ascribed to these ranges for following reasons

1) range below 180 clearly indicates a second attempt,....
2) range of 180-240 - these people should take a retake to improve their score if they want to.....although 180-200 range people should seriously think to improve their score.
3) range above 240- these people don't need retake they are safe and sound in this range(although its only my opinion considering last years nmat)

P.S.- these are my opinion about scores and may or may not be correct.

and yes who voted in 180-240 range ..please don't do it now.its for your own good that you put only real scores as obtained.

Same thing applies to me. Even my opinions may be incorrect. I feel not 240 but 270 is a good rather safe score. 240 is competitive. a guy with 240 has to give a good GD PI and hence is likely to miss out a convert in case of an avg GD PI. But a 270 wala puy would miss out a convert only if he does poorly. Thus an avg GD PI would eliminate 240 wala puy but not the 270 wala puy. Thats my definition of a safe and hence a good score.

But say there are 80 people who voted between 180-240. Those who get 180-200, as you said are more likely to think of reattempting.

But what should the one who scored 220 do? He thinks there are 80 people in his category. How many below and how many up? And say there are 60 who score above 240. So one who has say, 260 has no chance whatsoever to predict how many are above him or how many below. And hence ends up being clueless, inspite of a very good score.
Thats my point but nevertheless its due to the difference of opinion between what a good or safe score is...

1 more vote in 180-240 category some guys have hacked Pearson vues' data I guess....:clap: poor me! poor at hacking...
I think the ranges of scores could have been more discrete. 180-240 and 240-300 are too big ranges to conclude anything. As these scores have a 70% weight age against 30% of GD-PI,, most of the call getters would be between 220-250 or so. Like a 245 and 290 wala puy would be in the same category. So these ranges are too big...

Splitting them into ranges of 30 or even 25 would do.

Awaiting for the results though
who voted in the 180-240 category:nono:

Thanks for the advice man!!! :)
i ascribed to these ranges for following reasons

1) range below 180 clearly indicates a second attempt,....
2) range of 180-240 - these people should take a retake to improve their score if they want to.....although 180-200 range people should seriously think to improve their score.
3) range above 240- these people don't need retake they are safe and sound in this range(although its only my opinion considering last years nmat)

P.S.- these are my opinion about scores and may or may not be correct.

and yes who voted in 180-240 range ..please don't do it now.its for your own good that you put only real scores as obtained.

I think the ranges of scores could have been more discrete. 180-240 and 240-300 are too big ranges to conclude anything. As these scores have a 70% weight age against 30% of GD-PI,, most of the call getters would be between 220-250 or so. Like a 245 and 290 wala puy would be in the same category. So these ranges are too big...

Splitting them into ranges of 30 or even 25 would do.

Awaiting for the results though
who voted in the 180-240 category:nono: