NITIE/SJsom/MDI- which suits our profile?

27 Posts  ·  35 Users
About this group
NITIE and MDI is out with their result, SJsom will be out soon. All the three colleges are few of the best in India and anyone will be lucky to get into one of them. but there always be people who are too lucky and will have multiple converts ...
Page 1 of 3

With 59.95 % as my engineering aggregate,am I out of contention  ?

Victory is sweetest when you’ve known defeat.- Malcolm S. Forbes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
if posible can you provide us with that data for SJsom.
i mean the companies which come regularly and the profiles offered? no need for salaries

Sorry,
But as Varun mentioned,
For institute related queries please post on the admissions/requisite threads,
It helps structure the discussion for the benefit of other candidates as well

And also, i posted here, by virtue of having gone through a dilemma myself between these and a few other equally good institutes, and to provide some free gyaan on how to take a call, as a PG user n not as an SJMSOM student.

ATB!!

Cheers :cheers:
Rajat
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hey guys,
Continuing on the discussion,
I was in a similar dilemma last year, so IMO..
You should talk to ppl in all colleges, because its very subjective and difficult to generalise such things abt colleges.
I feel these 3 and a few other good bSchools are all at par with each other be it in terms of placements, faculty, industry interaction, International linkages n what not
But having said that, do make a point to evaluate colleges beyond placement statistics.
Placement data is best evaluated qualitatively, and not quantitatively.
Eg, the companies that regularly come, the companies that do, what profiles they offer, how many first time companies etc would give you a better scale to gauge the performance of students across parameters.

This was how i took a call
Cheers, :cheers:

Rajat

if posible can you provide us with that data for SJsom.
i mean the companies which come regularly and the profiles offered? no need for salaries
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Some cents from my side.

For freshers like me, IIT B seems the best bet, reason a small batch size of 120. I just feel,, in a huge batch size of 300 or so, freshers will be lost a bit. To add to the advantage of IIT B, one would be viewed as an IIT B product. So the brand is quite there.

We can also add new IIMs in the list as that would be a perfect shoot out between b schools. I would be keen on weighing IIM Rohtak and Ranchi too.

I have NITIE W/L 10 now, so all this goes assuming I convert IIT B and new IIMs.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

can you ppl have a word on IITD as well?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Check.! Check.!
Thread is not closed i guess.! :biggrin:

Signature follows.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Well i seriously hope you dont close the thread cause some idiotic person show his inconsideration for others.

rather you should ban him, many of us need guidance in selecting a b school and we need thread like this for help.

BTW can i add a poll regarding juntas prefrence between the three colleges?

even i will like to know that

Marketing- go for MDI without thinking

Ops- NITIE or SJsom

But what about finance?
how is finance in NITIE and SJsom?

last i heard NITIE didnt have regular faculty for finance, and used to calla guest faculty. how are things now?

1. Instead of just banning the user ( this depends on the case ), thread shall be closed as at first place it should not have been opened.

2. No poll should be started as few can come and claim that waitlisted people are misguiding others and no personal attacks shall be tolerated on this thread.

3. Any college specific query should be posted on respective college's thread. For eg: When your query on NITIE faculty has been answered in NITIE thread, there is no point of reposting here.

4. No warnings shall be given before closing the thread ( if any of the things mentioned in earlier post happens) and any post that will malign any of the 3 institutes shall be immediately deleted.

5. Mode of PM should have been used to contact seniors across B-Schools to get the query resolved but if the thread is opened, it has to follow certain guidelines.

6. My last post on this thread as i or any of the NITIEans shall not be taking up any query or reply to any post on this thread. This and the previous post is as mod and not NITIE student. ( Reason being no B-Schooler speaks 100% truth about his/her college on public forum and hence there is no point in posting biased responses here. So, we do not want to indulge into any debates when we know that people inside these colleges know the truth but nothing would be revealed cent percent here. )

Regards
Varun
** MBA is hyped but post MBA life is over hyped **
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Ops- NITIE or SJsom

But what about finance?

last i heard NITIE didnt have regular faculty for finance, and used to calla guest faculty. how are things now?

Hey guys,
Continuing on the discussion,
I was in a similar dilemma last year, so IMO..
You should talk to ppl in all colleges, because its very subjective and difficult to generalise such things abt colleges.
I feel these 3 and a few other good bSchools are all at par with each other be it in terms of placements, faculty, industry interaction, International linkages n what not
But having said that, do make a point to evaluate colleges beyond placement statistics.
Placement data is best evaluated qualitatively, and not quantitatively.
Eg, the companies that regularly come, the companies that do, what profiles they offer, how many first time companies etc would give you a better scale to gauge the performance of students across parameters.

This was how i took a call.

Cheers, :cheers:

Rajat
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Ops- NITIE or SJsom

But what about finance?

This query has already been asnwered by Varun sir in detail in the NITIE thread according to which what you have heard is just rumours. They have fulltime Phd profs for finance as well. Rest their placement stats speaks which is pretty much decent but yeah still if hardcore finance without any doubts you have in your mind then I would say go for MDI. It does score better in fin then NITIE or SJMSoM
CAT se darr nai lagta sahab, CRITERIA se lagta hai!! :|
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Ops- NITIE or SJsom

But what about finance?

Even for finance i would suggest mdi...both sjmsom and nitie are good but mdi has improved a lot as far as placements in finance are concerned
UDT'12 CAT'12-99.41
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...