NITIE placements 2006

27 Posts  ·  28 Users
About this group
Allright!!! Now that the official announcement has been made by the placement office, NITIE's placements can now be discussed. This year saw many new companies coming to campus such as *Olam International, Deloitte Consulting, Standard Charte...
Page 1 of 3

Great placement at NITIE... seniors, could you please tell us whether the median and the average salary quoted is the CTC or gross?? that would be very usefull indeed

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey the prob u say of i-banks is it a problem the engineers face in all colleges? or do they get a shot at it in other colleges..... am askin this since i am joinin nitie.... and also interested in finance......

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
All right!!!

Pros:

Placements in FMCG, Consulting and IT sectors simply rock

NITIE is number one when it comes to SCM/OPerations placements. Consulting profiles are available in plenty. IT profiles are of course very strong. Marketing profiles are good too.

Cons: We get a lot of banks on campus for a whole range of profiles. But hardcore treasury profiles are hard to come by at NITIE on account of it being an engineers only college. With regard to I Banks, domestic I Banks do come but not many foreign I Bankss have come to NITIE.

If there is anything else you people want to ask, feel free to do so.

Hi devilbemyguide and Nitie seniors,

Can you please elaborate more on the consulting profiles being offered this year..
Information like -
- Ppl from what background had better chance for good consulting profiles
- consulting profiles for ppl with workex in software
- Average salary offered by consulting companies..for freshers, workex
- Most sought after consulting profiles and companies
- Summer projects offered by consulting companies
- Any other information

Thank.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

sir
with all due respect would it be feasible for you to kindly enlighten us about the placement scene of PGDISEM course at nitie and also about the kind of profiles along with the traditional recruiters and the average salary of this year pgdisem batch.
to put it in simpler words, can somebody please compare pgdisem placements vis- a-viz the pgdim placements, it would really be of great help

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

All right!!!

Pros:

Placements in FMCG, Consulting and IT sectors simply rock

NITIE is number one when it comes to SCM/OPerations placements. Consulting profiles are available in plenty. IT profiles are of course very strong. Marketing profiles are good too.

Cons: We get a lot of banks on campus for a whole range of profiles. But hardcore treasury profiles are hard to come by at NITIE on account of it being an engineers only college. With regard to I Banks, domestic I Banks do come but not many foreign I Bankss have come to NITIE.

If there is anything else you people want to ask, feel free to do so.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Congrats to all guys.... have been selected for NITIE..... It feels good to know about a good bright future..........

Seniors in light of the questions that have been raised on the quality of placements, I request you all to objectively list the pros and cons of our esteemed college's placement....
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Where's Barclays Cap this year

Last year you were flashing it all over 10 summers 10 finals

Whats happened this year from 10 straight to 0

was it a flash in a pan

Whoa..... why so vitriolic....

Whats with u googleboy??? u have three posts and all the three on Bskool placement threads....u out here with a vengeance eh..

Well yes, Barclays did not come this time around. NITIE is not denying it. But we did get a lot of New companies down on campus. Look at Olam, CSC, Deusche etc...

Now why does that make NITIE's placements a 'flash in the pan'????

Perhaps u need to go thru our placement details for the last few years. We have been pretty consistent i feel.

NITIE is also the only institute (pls feel free to correct me if I am wrong) that takes nearly a months time after placements are done to come out with all the avg salary figures as it waits till the actual offer letters arrive and the salaries quoted are confirmed. Also being a govt college, this sal figure goes thru an audit system. This is the reason for the delay in quoting avg sal.

Now if u still feel that it is a 'flash in the plan', then I can't help it dude....
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

You can read all about NITIE's placements on this site

http://www.life.nitie.net/placements.html

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Allright!!! Now that the official announcement has been made by the placement office, NITIE's placements can now be discussed.

This year saw many new companies coming to campus such as Olam International, Deloitte Consulting, Standard Chartered Bank, Deutsche Bank, Computer Sciences Corporation, Cypress, SBI Caps, ICICI Prudential, etc
21 PPOs and 14 PPIs ..... need we say more....
U can read the complete article on the PG mainpage....
NITIE rocks!!!

Where's Barclays Cap this year

Last year you were flashing it all over 10 summers 10 finals

Whats happened this year from 10 straight to 0

was it a flash in a pan
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

friends when u hav the detailed info. plz put work ex and fresher info. seperately.... as a fresher i find it tough to get pukka fresher imfo. on placements....

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...