NITIE Batch of 2009-11

24 Posts  ·  15 Users
About this group
Hello people... With the dust settling over CAT'08 season I guess most of us are decided where we all are heading... :: So my request to all puys who are finally taking up NITIE to post their profiles in a convenient format here, and ge...
Page 1 of 3
vineetassh Says
hi i m appling as a sponsored candidate pls tell me what r the bad part of it.............

kindly post your query here
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/nitie-2010-2012-admission-queries-25044657

@mods kindly close this thread...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi i m appling as a sponsored candidate pls tell me what r the bad part of it.............

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi 2 all waiting 2 join NITIE,

You will have a lovely 2 years here , I assure you....regarding the laptop deal, seniors will arrange based on their contacts definitely....
As per the question regarding self-buying or through bulk deal- in self-buying u will have a choice of brand or configuration of ur own but in bulk deal at max 2-3 option can be arranged which suits all but u have to wait for another 1-2 weeks after joining here to get it.....suggest you to wait till joining and see the bulk deal and then take decision......

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

PG junta who attened Impressions -09 kindly post something about the meet - experiences and all........

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
juventus2 Says
Yeah as a matter of fact placements are held simultaneously for both the courses and there is no difference out there. Good to see such hugely experienced people in our class and definitely we will benefit from it.:-P

hello juventus2
Study leave is of tw types
1.Sponsored
2.Self Sponsored
Companies have policies for higher studies.with critaria like
1.Minimum 'N' no of service to that company(for mine its 3)
2.no disciplinary action is against you
3.course is relevant to comply goal . etc etc
one can apply through proper channel.
during course you are free to do your study.only benefit from Self sponsored study leave is that one has job security.but you have to sign a bond
in my case its 3 year or bond money of 50000.so if bond amount is less its easier for us to break it any time .may be before placements by watching market.
as i'm in PSU its difficult to leave a govt job easily.and its our party time as our salaries has increased dure to 6th pay com.
thats all gyan.
will be in touch.bye to all
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey how many fin enthus out..who r plng to tk fin as majors...

nebody plng to tk cfa dis yr??

we can form a group n start preprng...

Cheers!!!
Deep

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
hi all
My self Aditya Golhani age 26 M
Joining PGDIM
i'm from raipur(chhattisgarh)
i was 59th on the first list.
i'm a mechanical Engr. and i'd done B.E. from BIT -durg

Do u all know that Nitie PGDIE (through GATE) and PGDIM students sit together for final placement.so it almost double in strength for final fight.
so focous from your start.
my best wishes with all

Yeah as a matter of fact placements are held simultaneously for both the courses and there is no difference out there. Good to see such hugely experienced people in our class and definitely we will benefit from it.:-P

And these two years will definitely be a great learning experience and why to take tension from the begining Chill man......
Just a question if you are taking study leave then you will have to join the same company i guess after the course, i am not sure - please correct me as to what is the process like.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi all
My self Aditya Golhani age 26 M
Joining PGDIM
i'm from raipur(chhattisgarh)
i was 59th on the first list.
i'm a mechanical Engr. and i'd done B.E. from BIT -durg
Presently working in india's Biggest Power generating Company in its india's biggest Power plant at NTPC vindhyanagr as a Sr. Engineer
i'm having work ex of 57 months.
i promise u all that i'll bring 57 months experience of PSU to our class.
i'm planning to take study leave for 2 years.
i believe we can use this thread for diverse q?.
as fact
Do u all know that Nitie PGDIE (through GATE) and PGDIM students sit together for final placement.so it almost double in strength for final fight.
so focous from your start.
my best wishes with all

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
i can't understand really that why NITIE don't have any international linkage?
its hurting its image as a contender to top spot?
seniors, is it trying atleast? (i think not)

And I don't understand why there is so big a fuss about NITIE not making into Top 3. The number game is always very dicey and all the informed MBA aspirants know that NITIE is as good a college as any of the IIMs. NITIE is already a known college and you'll not have any problems getting a decent job as told by numerous people.Coming to the international excahnge program, lot of other colleges have this program but everyone knows the reality of this. This is a marketing gimmick and there is a little to learn from the exchange programme of the colleges mentioned by you.One more thing, AFAIK there is a practical difficulty in this because NITIE's programme is modelled along that of MIT-sloan and NITIE can tie up with only this college.If NITIE decides to have an exchange programme with MIT then there is nothing bettter than that.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

1 reason for this may b d govt insti way of wrking...wid admin giving no or minimal support on this front...also NITIE doesnt blive in branding itself like MDI,SP etc

another reason may b the PGDIE flagship course which u dnt find in ne other bschool...i remember d same reason being d party spoiler in turning NITIE to an IIM..

Seniors pls ur comments on this issue n d laptop one...

Cheers!!!
Deep

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...