Nirma Class 2006-08

952 Posts  ·  106 Users
About this group
:: Hey guys... the results are well sort of out, you can check them from the link at the Nirma GD/PI experiences thread. I could not find another thread devoted to the new class... so here's the one!! Me, personally got a waiting list no #6...
Page 1 of 96
hey guys,

listening to some of the previous conversations on this thread brings back some fond memories of a year ago.

the same confusion, the same feeling of the unknown, too many options, too few options, conflicting gyaan, parents advice.......

...just to add to the gyaan from someone whos been thru it all:

apply to as many places as possible... it might cost some extra money now but believe me you do not want to repent later for a few thousand rupees.
nirma should definately fall in your MUST APPLY category. dont even think twice about that!

as for now.. study study study!!

cat beckons!
give it your best shot, and hope you get lucky

guys this thread is dead
put all ur doubts in the new one
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/queries-regarding-nirma-2007-2009-batch-25018018
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey guys,

listening to some of the previous conversations on this thread brings back some fond memories of a year ago.

the same confusion, the same feeling of the unknown, too many options, too few options, conflicting gyaan, parents advice.......

...just to add to the gyaan from someone whos been thru it all:

apply to as many places as possible... it might cost some extra money now but believe me you do not want to repent later for a few thousand rupees.
nirma should definately fall in your MUST APPLY category. dont even think twice about that!

as for now.. study study study!!

cat beckons!
give it your best shot, and hope you get lucky

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey guys this is the thread that has been started just to address nirma
u can post all ur queries there

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/queries-regarding-nirma-2007-2009-batch-25018018/577969

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
GOOD JOB MAHEEP n AJIT.
keep posting n keep rockin !!!

s.p.: hi shivaQ, hope to catch u during interBschool fests. stay in touch!

sure dear..!!
Bye,
God Bless.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

GOOD JOB MAHEEP n AJIT.
keep posting n keep rockin !!!

s.p.: hi shivaQ, hope to catch u during interBschool fests. stay in touch!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hey nisha... u got a good profile. Actually we have got many workex people this time in our batch..... nd we hav also got people comin from nagpur.....
As for ur doubts....
RANK..well its a very subjective thing. Different magazines have their own grading system. And also many institutes pay for getting good ranks... like **** n others..... INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT ,NIRMA UNIVERSITY has a policy that it won't market itself like other institutes do(symbi,icfai..). This is what the institute's founder "Karsanbhai Patel" believes in. So that is the reason for the ranking.
And yes our Director.. nd to be more precise.. our ex-director had left nd joined IMI.... but we hav got a new director.. Prof. Nambiar.... he's an Economist who has extensively worked with various organizations nd also for the Govt. of India as an analyst.... he has extensive knowledge... and teaches Managerial Economics.
PLACEMENTS... welll an imporatant aspect..... our placements hav increased over the years.... Last year the final placement avg. was about 5.5 lacs..... with highest being around 9 lacs offered by JP Morgan..... Also all major banks, IT companies, Manufacturing companies , and consultancies had come to our campus.. some companies didn't come, but that was because they recruit only from IIM's and dont even look for other companies...... this year we are expecting high, coz with each batch the level/quality of students increases.....
In our batch there are many people with work-ex... around 40%.... so the institute ,and we too, hav high expectations...
As for %ILE.... in our batch we had a cutoff of around 91%ile.... with a class average of 95%ile....... we also hav some students who are in the 97-99 %ile bracket.....
the cutoff increases everyyear.... so all i can say is do good.... 96%ile should guarantee u a call letter.... another thing which i forgot mention is that we also had sectional cutoff of 10%( 10 percent nd not percentile....).

Nirma is the place to be..... We got good teachers... students... nd the best infrastructure in the country..... We got Visiting profs from IIM's and the best industries.... Last week, we had a MANAGEMENT CONCLAVE.. where the best in the business had addressed us...... Also the campus is buzz with variuos activities like Sports, Talent nite, Finance club, Marketing Club, HR Club, Book Club, IT Club, Movie Club.....etc....
U can read more about it on the net......

if u hav ne other doubts.. then let us know....

Hi buddies@NIRMA
Well the cut-off for last year for NIRMA was 90%ile as far as i remember..!!
Do correct me if i am wrong..
Well all the prospective students applying to NIRMA..
Well i also converted NIRMA call (in the first list) and let me tell you guys that NIRMA rocks and i always wanted to be at NIRMA 'coz of its beautiful infra abt which my friends at NIRMA will tell you..
Well neways guys at NIRMA be in touch..
bye,
Shivanku.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Well Nisha , it is very necessary to clear all ur doubts before taking any majot decisions , which is related to yur career.

Well i believe Maheep has explained enough to clarify ur doubts..
Let me once again tell u...Nirma is always one of the good MBA institue to look for.

And yes we always hav better options so do in case of Nirma...

Pleas be back for further doubts

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Sir
I am Nisha patel from Nagpur.2005 Chemical engg and working in Vedanta from last 1.5yrs. I am one of the aspirant of MBA. Initially i was thinking to fill Nirma but most of my seniors told me about detoriation in rank and placement of this institute. Now my mindset is fluctuating. Plz comment.
Also i heard that Director of NIRMA is left coz of this and join IMI as a professor. it may b rumour.
Plz throw some light on the placement and other parameters.Is it advisible to go for it or opt out. My Academics SSC 715,HSC 91% and graduation avg 76%.hw much %ile is needed to get thru.

Plz reply

Regards
Nisha

Hey nisha... u got a good profile. Actually we have got many workex people this time in our batch..... nd we hav also got people comin from nagpur.....
As for ur doubts....
RANK..well its a very subjective thing. Different magazines have their own grading system. And also many institutes pay for getting good ranks... like **** n others..... INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT ,NIRMA UNIVERSITY has a policy that it won't market itself like other institutes do(symbi,icfai..). This is what the institute's founder "Karsanbhai Patel" believes in. So that is the reason for the ranking.
And yes our Director.. nd to be more precise.. our ex-director had left nd joined IMI.... but we hav got a new director.. Prof. Nambiar.... he's an Economist who has extensively worked with various organizations nd also for the Govt. of India as an analyst.... he has extensive knowledge... and teaches Managerial Economics.
PLACEMENTS... welll an imporatant aspect..... our placements hav increased over the years.... Last year the final placement avg. was about 5.5 lacs..... with highest being around 9 lacs offered by JP Morgan..... Also all major banks, IT companies, Manufacturing companies , and consultancies had come to our campus.. some companies didn't come, but that was because they recruit only from IIM's and dont even look for other companies...... this year we are expecting high, coz with each batch the level/quality of students increases.....
In our batch there are many people with work-ex... around 40%.... so the institute ,and we too, hav high expectations...
As for %ILE.... in our batch we had a cutoff of around 91%ile.... with a class average of 95%ile....... we also hav some students who are in the 97-99 %ile bracket.....
the cutoff increases everyyear.... so all i can say is do good.... 96%ile should guarantee u a call letter.... another thing which i forgot mention is that we also had sectional cutoff of 10%( 10 percent nd not percentile....).

Nirma is the place to be..... We got good teachers... students... nd the best infrastructure in the country..... We got Visiting profs from IIM's and the best industries.... Last week, we had a MANAGEMENT CONCLAVE.. where the best in the business had addressed us...... Also the campus is buzz with variuos activities like Sports, Talent nite, Finance club, Marketing Club, HR Club, Book Club, IT Club, Movie Club.....etc....
U can read more about it on the net......

if u hav ne other doubts.. then let us know....
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Sir
I am Nisha patel from Nagpur.2005 Chemical engg and working in Vedanta from last 1.5yrs. I am one of the aspirant of MBA. Initially i was thinking to fill Nirma but most of my seniors told me about detoriation in rank and placement of this institute. Now my mindset is fluctuating. Plz comment.
Also i heard that Director of NIRMA is left coz of this and join IMI as a professor. it may b rumour.
Plz throw some light on the placement and other parameters.Is it advisible to go for it or opt out. My Academics SSC 715,HSC 91% and graduation avg 76%.hw much %ile is needed to get thru.

Plz reply

Regards
Nisha

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi everyone out thr...
the aspiring candidates...
start posting ur doubts for Nirma...inst. of management

ajeet

undefined
Write a comment