New Zealand MBA Help

18 Posts  ·  17 Users
About this group
Hello there i am currently in my final year engg Comp SC branch and i wish to pursue an mba degree in new zealand heres my profile 10th 82 pcnt 12th 70 pcnt BE 58 pcnt(assume 57 at completion :smiley: ) i know i have done terrib...
Page 1 of 2
Serving the Indian Migrant Community & Students living in Auckland, New Zealand since 1995. Visit our charity at www.bhartiyasamaj.org.nz Post your queries about living & settling in New Zealand.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
navjotsandhu Says
hi everyone,I am palnning to do my masters in computers from new zealand and my academics score is also good.consultant are saying its good to do degree in IT as job opportunity is good and even can settle in new zealand its going to cost me very much so just want to know any one doing master's from new zealand university?true picture about it

I would suggest that you first have a look at the IT jobs in NZ at seek job search website.
then you will get an idea what kind of jobs are there, what is the process to apply for them and things like that.
www.raghavabbhi.com | My take on CAT: http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/all-i-wanted-to-speak-about-cat-25002933/6315307
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi everyone,I am palnning to do my masters in computers from new zealand and my academics score is also good.consultant are saying its good to do degree in IT as job opportunity is good and even can settle in new zealand its going to cost me very much so just want to know any one doing master's from new zealand university?true picture about it

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
hi nandu.

1) for the chances of your application to be successful, you will have to see the university website and check the relevant profiles of the alumni and current people studying there.
i can't give you any definite answer for this question.

2) jobs are lesser in number in NZ as compared to aussie or canada (although not much idea about canada)
being a small country, the opportunities are equally less.

3) yes you get that visa after you complete your study, if you are able to find a relevant job in that 1 year time then you can apply directly for residency.
the more relevant job + the higher pay, the quicker your chances to get residency.

4) answered above.

you can have a look at seek.co.nz website to have an idea what kind of jobs and how many in number are there in NZ.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply Raghav, Will definitely keep that points in mind.

Regards

Nandu
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Raghav,

Thanks for the info... I was also looking out for MBA options abroad and went through the New Zealand MBA options. My first preference was a Canadian MBA, but unfortunately most of the good university in Canada requires 16 years of formal education where I have only 15. I ve got almost 4+ years work experience in hotel field.
1) What is my chances of getting admitted in to a good NZ university for MBA?
2) Hw good will be the job prospectus after a NZ MBA?
3) I have heard about the GRADUATE JOB SEARCH visa for 12 months, will that be helpful?
4) How gud are the chances of getting a PR after a full time graduation from NZ?

Sorry if am shooting too many questions. I know it depends on various factors, but just wanted an overview. Hope you or anyone who has an experience in same can help me.

Regards
Nandu

hi nandu.

1) for the chances of your application to be successful, you will have to see the university website and check the relevant profiles of the alumni and current people studying there.
i can't give you any definite answer for this question.

2) jobs are lesser in number in NZ as compared to aussie or canada (although not much idea about canada)
being a small country, the opportunities are equally less.

3) yes you get that visa after you complete your study, if you are able to find a relevant job in that 1 year time then you can apply directly for residency.
the more relevant job + the higher pay, the quicker your chances to get residency.

4) answered above.

you can have a look at seek.co.nz website to have an idea what kind of jobs and how many in number are there in NZ.
www.raghavabbhi.com | My take on CAT: http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/all-i-wanted-to-speak-about-cat-25002933/6315307
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
hi uday,
yes NZ is a very small country and job prospects are quite less after MBA here.
you should try bigger markets like Australia and other countries if you are so keen on doing an MBA.
you can find threads about the Australian business schools where you can interact with the current students and alumni.
http://www.pagalguy.com/1557219-post.html

just ask here if you want any insight from me on this issue.

i am not a student here, but i work in NZ and know a lot of people who have graduated from AU or AUT and are in process of doing so.

Hi Raghav,

Thanks for the info... I was also looking out for MBA options abroad and went through the New Zealand MBA options. My first preference was a Canadian MBA, but unfortunately most of the good university in Canada requires 16 years of formal education where I have only 15. I ve got almost 4+ years work experience in hotel field.
1) What is my chances of getting admitted in to a good NZ university for MBA?
2) Hw good will be the job prospectus after a NZ MBA?
3) I have heard about the GRADUATE JOB SEARCH visa for 12 months, will that be helpful?
4) How gud are the chances of getting a PR after a full time graduation from NZ?

Sorry if am shooting too many questions. I know it depends on various factors, but just wanted an overview. Hope you or anyone who has an experience in same can help me.

Regards
Nandu
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Double post

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
UDAY27 Says
Hi everybody... I am Uday ,from Bangalore. I am planning to do an MBA in University of Auckland or AUT or any other University in New Zealand and have a bachelor degree and 3 years experience as a manager in a construction company in Bangalore ,but I am not an engineer ... ... here the educational consultants in Bangalore are giving a rosy picture saying after doing PG diploma or MBA you can get good jobs and settle in NZ ... I heard some (people in NZ )... saying JOB opportunity after MBA when compared to IT, construction ,architects and hotel management ppl is very less in NZ as it is a small country with small population ...some told not to come...some said go to Australia or Canada or Singapore ...so I am very much confused ...please advise me ...Any body who has done MBA from New Zealand or Australia would be of great help ...thank you

hi uday,
yes NZ is a very small country and job prospects are quite less after MBA here.
you should try bigger markets like Australia and other countries if you are so keen on doing an MBA.
you can find threads about the Australian business schools where you can interact with the current students and alumni.
http://www.pagalguy.com/1557219-post.html

just ask here if you want any insight from me on this issue.

i am not a student here, but i work in NZ and know a lot of people who have graduated from AU or AUT and are in process of doing so.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi everybody... I am Uday ,from Bangalore. I am planning to do an MBA in University of Auckland or AUT or any other University in New Zealand and have a bachelor degree and 3 years experience as a manager in a construction company in Bangalore ,but I am not an engineer ... ... here the educational consultants in Bangalore are giving a rosy picture saying after doing PG diploma or MBA you can get good jobs and settle in NZ ... I heard some (people in NZ )... saying JOB opportunity after MBA when compared to IT, construction ,architects and hotel management ppl is very less in NZ as it is a small country with small population ...some told not to come...some said go to Australia or Canada or Singapore ...so I am very much confused ...please advise me ...Any body who has done MBA from New Zealand or Australia would be of great help ...thank you
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi all,
there is a Bschool in Wellington, NZ. is that any good? and what about part time work? is there any evening college courses in wellington?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...