New Section called Baazar!

12 Posts  ·  22 Users
About this group
Hi Modz, A lot of popular forums have started separate section for users where they can put up their used items like laptops, cell phones etc for sale and interested other users can negotiate and buy from them. I feel its a good concept and its ju...
Page 1 of 2
Hmm... I have a feeling that a Bazaar section will be more helpful with the intent of *donating* CAT material...

The person should preferably be in a BSchool, because...

1. Then he would definitely not be a scamster, because the long, tedious, red-tape-ridden procedure to obtain a BSchool rank makes sure only genuine BSchoolers are posting.

2. BSchoolers are unlikely to require their CAT material, unless they have designs on next years' CAT.

And if we open the Bazaar section, then maybe we could have PG merchandise too

As far as products other than CAT material goes... Well..! Are we planning to give eBay competition!
ChUcK

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/cat-05-donate-material-post-requests-25006968
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/prep-resources/17035-cat-06-donate-material-post.html

And why B-schoolers only... What if someone wants to donate material without getting into a B school? 😉 In fact that would be in better condition cause it would be the least used one
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Hmm... I have a feeling that a Bazaar section will be more helpful with the intent of *donating* CAT material...

The person should preferably be in a BSchool, because...

1. Then he would definitely not be a scamster, because the long, tedious, red-tape-ridden procedure to obtain a BSchool rank makes sure only genuine BSchoolers are posting.

2. BSchoolers are unlikely to require their CAT material, unless they have designs on next years' CAT.

And if we open the Bazaar section, then maybe we could have PG merchandise too

As far as products other than CAT material goes... Well..! Are we planning to give eBay competition!
ChUcK

A Mallu Accent is just a Hyundai made in Kerala. http://www.facebook.com/ChucksComicsAndStuff
That's fine...The intention really is not to club all f/b in a single thread either 😃

Anyways, Bazaar....Hmm... Yep, that's something that can add value to a lot of junta, and we've debated this in the past (actually quite a while back!). Issue arises when failed transactions are blamed on the interface, which in this case is the forums....We prolly need a mechanism to weed out possible scamsters who are bound to misuse the system.... Any ideas on why/why not we should take this forward ?

Cheers

How about keeping the "Bazaar" exclusively for people who have more than 50-100 posts in other sections or have joined at 8-10 months before being to post in the "Bazaar" section....

The reason being...
That PG helps an MBA aspirant right from the time when they fill up the CAT form... till they are done with GD and PI... and the items listed in the Bazaar section would be of use when a person is about to start his MBA or has already started...

I think this mighty help to keep the spammers at bay...

What say ???

Aah...Was it closed by the time I replied. Did not realize.....Yea, the intention was not to close it and I dont recall closing it too Anyways, am unlocking it rightaway

|| Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity ||
Any ideas on why/why not we should take this forward ?

Cheers

U closed this on purpose?! 😐 Ur Qs doesnt look like u wanted to close it. 😃
imranais Says
I should have seen that sticky, my bad.... 😞 Damn I never had such a bad start on any forum, Sorry guys...

That's fine...The intention really is not to club all f/b in a single thread either 😃

Anyways, Bazaar....Hmm... Yep, that's something that can add value to a lot of junta, and we've debated this in the past (actually quite a while back!). Issue arises when failed transactions are blamed on the interface, which in this case is the forums....We prolly need a mechanism to weed out possible scamsters who are bound to misuse the system.... Any ideas on why/why not we should take this forward ?

Cheers
|| Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity ||

Not a bad start. Just label it as part of the learning curve.

If you started a thread on people who had a 'bad start' on this forum you'll be amazed at the response. Hypothetically speaking...so hoping you don't really start another thread, as a knee jerk reaction.

Founder - MBA CRYSTAL BALL (mbacrystalball.com) | Twitter www.twitter.com/mba_cb

I should have seen that sticky, my bad.... 😞 Damn I never had such a bad start on any forum, Sorry guys...

Oops I didnt post twice purposely, it was a browser error... BTW, my dear senior member I have posted in Suggestions and Feedback section which is meant for such suggestions. If I have to PM modz for suggestions, then what is the use of this section??? Expected more knowledge from a senior member....but anyways!