New IIMs WAT/PI Experience!!

2 Posts  ·  7 Users
About this group
I did not find a thread containing WAT/PI experiences of the Newer IIMs' admission process.. CAT %ile - Date - Venue - WAT Experience - PI Experince - Your takeaway/feedback -
Page 1 of 1

CAT %ile - 98.7

15th feb, 8.30 am

IIM Lucknow, NOIDA Campus (Delhi)

WAT Experience - The topic for WAT was very simple "A close association between the industry and professional institutions will lead to increase in educational standards. Present your opinion on the same."
You are given 25 minutes to think and write and the word limit is 300 words (a lot of time if you ask me.. you run outta ideas after a while.. :P)

PI Experience - I was among the last ones to be called in my group, so i guess the panel was pretty bored by then. There were 3 people in my panel. All of them pretty young and hence there were no WHY MBA? WHY NO WORKEX? questions asked.

P1 : So, are you working?
Me: No Sir.

P1: Okay! SO tell me, what are are you're hobbies??
Me: I told them that I am an avid sports follower, i read, travel and have acted in plays.

P1: Oh, can you name one prominent playwright in India?
Me: Umm... I don't remember sir..

P1: Name any playwright that you know.
Me: Shakespeare sir.

P1: (Smiles) He's not Indian you know.. So tell me.. You're from Kerala. How does Kerala contribute to the Indian economy?
Me: I blabber about the Tourism industry.. The IT Hub in Kochi and Trivandrum.. The agriculture.. Blah.. Blah.. Blah!!!

P1: Name a place outside India where you'd find a lot of mallus?
Me: Gulf.. Middle East sir.. and then blabber about it for a while completing ignoring the fact that he was hinting at the huge amount of money that mallus abroad send back to india..!!!!

P1: Tell me something about kerala's culture and tradition??
Me: Gyaan.. Gyaan.. Gyaan and more Gyaan!!!

P1 looks at P2 and smiles

P2: I believe you've studied operations management during B.tech. (and then proceeds to give a basic problem which i manage to do)

P2: Do you know what Integer Programming is?
Me: I don't know sir.

P2: (Some Operations related question which i forgot)
Me: (Answered)

P3: Do you know what an Intercooler is??
Me: Yes.. and explained what it is.

P3: and what is an aftercooler? Is there anything called the aftercooler?
Me: I don't think you need an aftercooler for any practical purpose so i don't think it exists.

P3: Tell me the difference between a 2 stroke and a 4 stroke engine?
Me: Answered with details.. :P

P3: tell me something about detonation and knocking.
Me: Answered confidently.

P3: What is a diesel engine cycle called?
Me: Otto Cycle

P3: Can you draw it?
Me: I drew the otto cycle perfectly but sadly that was not what was required...!!!

and then some more general questions and then they allowed me to leave!!!

Remarks : My first IIM interview and i guess i didn't make a complete fool outta myself. Could have done a lot better. People, Brush up your basics pretty well. The panel was very chilled out. No stress. No pressure. No grilling!!
ATB

CAT 2012 : 98.5 SNAP, 2012 : 98.9, XAT 2013 : 98.7 Calls : IIM-K,I,R, Raipur, U, Kashipur, SIBM, SCMHRD, MDI, IMT-G, TAPMI Converts : IIM-U,Kashipur, SIBM, SCMHRD, IMT-G, TAPMI
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I did not find a thread containing WAT/PI experiences of the Newer IIMs' admission process..

CAT %ile -

Date -

Venue -

WAT Experience -

PI Experince -

Your takeaway/feedback -
CAT 2012 : 98.5 SNAP, 2012 : 98.9, XAT 2013 : 98.7 Calls : IIM-K,I,R, Raipur, U, Kashipur, SIBM, SCMHRD, MDI, IMT-G, TAPMI Converts : IIM-U,Kashipur, SIBM, SCMHRD, IMT-G, TAPMI
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...