Need suggestions and guidance

1 Post  ·  1 User
About this group
Hello all, This is an awesome forum in terms of depth of information available and willingness of folks to share their knowledge and experience. I hope to make some use of the amazing puy'ians :) A quick history about me: M/26/Researc...
Page 1 of 1

Hello all,

This is an awesome forum in terms of depth of information available and willingness of folks to share their knowledge and experience. I hope to make some use of the amazing puy'ians :)

A quick history about me:
M/26/Research Engineer/4 years work ex.

I have a BE (India) and MS(US) in Mechanical Engg. with focus on Engine research. Have few journal papers from my MS work and have been working with world's largest diesel engine manufacturer for past 4 years in US. My work more or less has been hard core engine research.

I have been thinking about MBA for quite some time but have been putting the idea off, apparently because I do enjoy my current job a lot and also due to high costs/ROI/complacency to some extent.

From last year focus of my work has shifted from NA to emerging markets (China/India) mainly. I spent some time working in Pune and Beijing. Few of the experiences there have reignited the MBA flame in me.

Based on my research till now, I have decided to focus on the Schools in the Asia Pacific region (Ceibs/NUS/HKUST/AIM etc)

Few questions I'm looking for answers are:
- Are all these schools conventional MBA schools with strong focus on Finance/Accounts/Mktg. My main interest is Business/Innovation strategy/Supply Chain (courses somewhat related to engineering background).

- I seem to find mostly IT/CA/Finance folks in Puy (haven't seen a mech guy yet). Does moving from a deeply engineering research oriented background to MBA world going to cost me pain in my interview/selection process?

- Can folks who compared a US MBA with Asia Pacific one share their reasons with me? I would like to be proved right or wrong.

Thanks a lot guys and happy admit fishing :)

Abhi

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...