Need some suggestions or strategies to get a 750

2 Posts  ·  2 Users
About this group
Hey everybody, I am planning to take my GMAT in a week, I gave two tests in a old GMAT Power Prep Software, got 720 in both of them. I am yet to give my GMAT prep and I need some help in increasing my score, (say some strategy or technique to...
Page 1 of 1
In first 15 questions of verbal section, I make some 4 mistakes, mostly around question 5-10.

... but lately I am spending more time on first 15 questions (guess they are more important than other questions),

I guess this is ur problem.. Oflate, u probably are over-emphasizing the first few questions and sometimes u make mistakes if u are over-careful.. While it is important to get the first few questions correct, it is also important to not overly strain ur mind during these questions..

I know this because I keep makign the same mistakes too.. I usually get the first question right, but wanting to make sure I definitely get the first one right, I use up almost 3 mins on the first question.. And then I freak out.

Vikram.
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Hey everybody,

I am planning to take my GMAT in a week, I gave two tests in a old GMAT Power Prep Software, got 720 in both of them. I am yet to give my GMAT prep and I need some help in increasing my score, (say some strategy or technique to score more.

My problem is with verbal section, I am getting something around 38, I guess the problem is with strategy rather than concept. In first 15 questions of verbal section, I make some 4 mistakes, mostly around question 5-10, and on the whole i make not more than 10 mistakes, i.e. 31/41.

I used to give equal important of each questions, but lately I am spending more time on first 15 questions (guess they are more important than other questions), but improvement is hardly visible.

With these inputs, can someone give me some better strategies or technique to get 40+ in verbal section and help me in achieving my dream score of 750+, Any comments will be highly appreciated.

Bye

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.