Need help-work ex

10 Posts  ·  8 Users
About this group
hi...i wish to know if working in a bpo is considered as work ex ? almost all business schools abroad require it.will working in bpo for two years full time be considered as work ex by b -schools,esp in canada and india?
Page 1 of 1
Can someone help me.. need more replies please,

I just have one dilemma. I am working in a reputed firm. JOined in June 2008.Gave cat two times. This time i plan to give it a full swing. But with the amount of hectic work pressure i plan to resign in september. About to give my paper this month . so tha i can concentrate on cat from AUGUST onwards. WOuld that prove to be a negativ eimpact during the interview ? i am confused.Someon please help me. But i am desperate enough to give full effort in cracking ccat and gettin into a b school.

does anyone knwo any people from the past who have quitted their jobs and gave cat and converted into a b school? Please reply
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Hi Puys!!
I am confused. I have done Eco (H) from SRCC. I have work ex of 31 months with an MNC.I have converted fore. But now I am confused whether i should go to fore or prepare for isb.I am realy confused. Please advise me what to do. Is fore a good Bschool for some one who has work ex of almost 3 years?

puys please help me!!!!

Prepare for ISB or go for Executive PGDM from any of the Tier 1 or Tier 2 institutes.
My query is that I am a chem engineer...worked in a bank..for currently 20 months..and post 2 months...I ll resign...i have already put up my papers...So..total 22 months...1. Will my exp is sufficient
2. Quitin job for prep is considered how >>
3. And my being from chem engg and being in a bank..does it complicate my profile....

For lateral placements also 24 months are mandatory for some companies.So u need to complete atleast 24 months.

My query is that I am a chem engineer...worked in a bank..for currently 20 months..and post 2 months...I ll resign...i have already put up my papers...So..total 22 months...1. Will my exp is sufficient
2. Quitin job for prep is considered how >>
3. And my being from chem engg and being in a bank..does it complicate my profile....

Hi Puys!!
I am confused. I have done Eco (H) from SRCC. I have work ex of 31 months with an MNC.I have converted fore. But now I am confused whether i should go to fore or prepare for isb.I am realy confused. Please advise me what to do. Is fore a good Bschool for some one who has work ex of almost 3 years?

puys please help me!!!!

thanks a lot inder...
so that means i can be studying as well as working all night...right?

Hi Guys,

Im planning for taking CAT but dont know how and where to start? I took cat last year with preparation but ended up till 75 percentile. Presently Im working at Thomson Reuters in night shifts. Im unable to plane my day. Please help me. How to get started. Im good at DI and RC Verbal the only thing Im afraid of is Quant. I heard that in order to get in to IIMs we need to allocated around 8 to 10 hours per day is it necessary? Before I start solving the problem Ill get scared that I may not go wrong. Please tell me how to go for it. I've 2 years of experience.

Hi Puys!!

Hey puneet,
If its full time, its definitely a work ex. Work ex is irrespective of domain or service line, you can show what you did all those years, your achievements and related objectives.

In canada and india, both countries, it really depends upon the school. If you are targetting top spots, you need to go via CAT/GMAT and prove yourself with your profile including but not limiting to work experience, community service, leadsership skills, your objectives ahead, why you want to do MBA and what sets you apart to be admitted to premium business schools.

Keep surfing this forum, this is one of the best resources and use google every now and then for whatever you want to know.

Hope tht helps,
Harman

hi...i wish to know if working in a bpo is considered as work ex ?
almost all business schools abroad require it.will working in bpo for two years full time be considered as work ex by b -schools,esp in canada and india?