need help pls

7 Posts  ·  6 Users
About this group
hey i am considering applying to either Symbi's Distance learning programe or to Annamalai Uni for its MBA in IT.the thing is that Symbi is offering only a diploma but its name is better than Annamalai but the latter is giving me a proper MBA degr...
Page 1 of 1
thanks a ton people.
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

annika, annamalais MBA helps if u r in govt job or looking for one. else industry gives more wt to symbi/scdl. also symbi course material is better. if u r in industry(non PSU/govt) go for scdl.

hey i am considering applying to either Symbi's Distance learning programe or to Annamalai Uni for its MBA in IT.the thing is that Symbi is offering only a diploma but its name is better than Annamalai but the latter is giving me a proper MBA degree.any recommendations as to which one i should go for.I am kinda leaning towards Annamalai as i am getting a proper degree

any help will be duly appreciated.thanks a ton

Annika.

Good that you want a "proper" MBA degree over a PGDBA but my friend have you realised that this is just a name? In India, only a "University" can confer a master's degree and hence any institute not affiliated to a university has to confer a "PG Diploma" which is regarded equivalent to an MBA.

Due to this rule, even the almighty IIMs award a "PGDM" and not an MBA because they are not a university but an "institute" which cannot award a master's degree.

Recruiters know of this fact and in job requirements mention clearly MBA/PGDM/PGDBA/PGDBM. So whether you go for PGDBA or MBA, it wont make much material effect. Rather SCDL brand-equity is somewhat better than any Annamalai or Kollamalai university.

In the end, whatever you prefer, the decision is yours.

All the best whatever you choose.

Regards,

Tumtum.
Annika Says
i suggest you read the post properly.I have clearly stated that i am comparing Annamalai Uni and Symbi so although it has some relevance it does not have the info i need.thanks anyway.next time read carefully

I read it & hence telling you to take your query to the relavent thread instead of starting a new one!!
We already have a thread on this topic and there is no need for a new one!
Only thing i like about stone in my path is, when I cross them, they become my milestones!
i suggest you read the post properly.I have clearly stated that i am comparing Annamalai Uni and Symbi so although it has some relevance it does not have the info i need.thanks anyway.next time read carefully

PLease, usse the search option to find the relavent thread.Hope this will help u out...

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/career...-distance.html (Learning from a DISTANCE!)

all the best!!

Only thing i like about stone in my path is, when I cross them, they become my milestones!

hey i am considering applying to either Symbi's Distance learning programe or to Annamalai Uni for its MBA in IT.the thing is that Symbi is offering only a diploma but its name is better than Annamalai but the latter is giving me a proper MBA degree.any recommendations as to which one i should go for.I am kinda leaning towards Annamalai as i am getting a proper degree

any help will be duly appreciated.thanks a ton