Need Help, Leaving Company

7 Posts  ·  5 Users
About this group
Hi Guys, I am in trouble. I am working in a US based MNC....I was supposed to fly to US this week from my project, Now suddenly I got a call from NMIMS that I have cleared waitlist and asked me to join college... now i m in soup ...how to...
Page 1 of 1

Generally when employees break bonds and don't pay, companies don't pursue the matter legally. But you won't get a work ex certificate. Sure you can prove it using payslips later but it reflects poorly on you (for various reasons) and also you would not have proof for the kind and quality of work that you did.

As far as I know, even if you break the bond and pay up, there is a notice period and you'll have to do some real hard convincing to get out in a week.

An onsite stint does leave a positive impact and you'll save some money.

If I were in your shoes, I'd stick it out in the co. But if you really hate your job, just walk out.

Ultimately, it's your decision according to your unique perspective and situation.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Hi Guys,
I am in trouble. I am working in a US based MNC....I was supposed to fly to US this week from my project,

Now suddenly I got a call from NMIMS that I have cleared waitlist and asked me to join college...
now i m in soup ...how to leave company in such a short notice and join college next week....on top of it I have a legal agreement with company which is supposed to expire in September...

now i m confused wat should i do.....i will feel very bad if i miss nmims...

wat should i do....any suggestions


Priyank, Remember Education is always a better bet than Going US for 2 years(suppose you are going for two years) because:
1. After 2 years you might have a hefty bank balance but in case you join NMIMS you would have climber one more step in education and would be ahead than your peers.
2. After 2 years lots of family responsibilities would come your way knocking at your door and you might get busy addressing those...but finish your MBA now...you can address them more intently and in a better manner.
3. NMIMS is INDias one of the best Premier B schools.
4. Breaking a Bond doesnot matter in a larger picture. think about the longer run

Last but not the least, I did not take admission in 2004 (XIMB, SP Jain) because I thought I would make it to a better college and hence went Onsite from my company.
This year I am sitting again for CAT and trying to juggle between Family, work and studies...and believe me its hard.
SO take a decison since its a decison of life time...........
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Well the bond says to pay 1 lakh in case i break the bond and leave company before septmber....career wise i think nmims is far better option,,,,




should i tell HR that i m going for MBA and please release me....or should i take medical leave untill spetmeber and then leave the company( but this one is bit dicy) ???

c...obviously der's some risk in lying...always....u never know wen u get caught...but if u think u can crave ur way out...i mean u can make everything luk natural....den go for it....

as far as informing HR about ur MBA...well in that case be ready to shell out 1 lakhs to ur your company....

decision is yours...though i'd have sure gone for the first...and would have bought myelf a sony viao...nd perhaps a bike using some more money...
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Moving this thread to apt section so that it gets attentions from the user.


Priyank12....Congrats for the convert.Can you disclose the details of the legal agreement so that puys can help you out.
Think career wise, which is a better opportunity for you to in terms of career and talk to your peers or if someone a bit senior in your company. They may be able to help you out.


Well the bond says to pay 1 lakh in case i break the bond and leave company before septmber....career wise i think nmims is far better option,,,,

Well, first of all...make up ur mind that this the college u want to join or not...i mean...is it worth leaving ur current job...as for sure if ur going to US...means u will be minting a lot.......so u'll have to leave all that money....besides...also take care of the fact wer r u standing right now...will an MBA from NMIMS be able to take u where 2 more years of job wont...if yes...den go into the intricacies of your contract...i.e. about how much u'd be losing if u break the contract....cant u taake something like extraordinary sick leave sort of thing which gives u 3 months leave...coz der r such leaves in almost each company...file documents supporting the fact that ur having some major operaion..slip disk...anything..which suits u...den join NMIMS nd wait till september..the xact date of completion of the contract comes...(reminds me of ..wake me up wen september ends)...see if this works out for u...all the best buddy...either for the US trip..or for ur MBA...

or one more simple method...join the college...bear the loss due to the contract...if nd only if u think itz worth it...



should i tell HR that i m going for MBA and please release me....or should i take medical leave untill spetmeber and then leave the company( but this one is bit dicy) ???
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Hi Guys,
I am in trouble. I am working in a US based MNC....I was supposed to fly to US this week from my project,

Now suddenly I got a call from NMIMS that I have cleared waitlist and asked me to join college...
now i m in soup ...how to leave company in such a short notice and join college next week....on top of it I have a legal agreement with company which is supposed to expire in September...

now i m confused wat should i do.....i will feel very bad if i miss nmims...

wat should i do....any suggestions

Well, first of all...make up ur mind that this the college u want to join or not...i mean...is it worth leaving ur current job...as for sure if ur going to US...means u will be minting a lot.......so u'll have to leave all that money....besides...also take care of the fact wer r u standing right now...will an MBA from NMIMS be able to take u where 2 more years of job wont...if yes...den go into the intricacies of your contract...i.e. about how much u'd be losing if u break the contract....cant u taake something like extraordinary sick leave sort of thing which gives u 3 months leave...coz der r such leaves in almost each company...file documents supporting the fact that ur having some major operaion..slip disk...anything..which suits u...den join NMIMS nd wait till september..the xact date of completion of the contract comes...(reminds me of ..wake me up wen september ends)...see if this works out for u...all the best buddy...either for the US trip..or for ur MBA...

or one more simple method...join the college...bear the loss due to the contract...if nd only if u think itz worth it...
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Moving this thread to apt section so that it gets attentions from the user.


Priyank12....Congrats for the convert.Can you disclose the details of the legal agreement so that puys can help you out.
Think career wise, which is a better opportunity for you to in terms of career and talk to your peers or if someone a bit senior in your company. They may be able to help you out.

Only thing i like about stone in my path is, when I cross them, they become my milestones!
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Hi Guys,
I am in trouble. I am working in a US based MNC....I was supposed to fly to US this week from my project,

Now suddenly I got a call from NMIMS that I have cleared waitlist and asked me to join college...
now i m in soup ...how to leave company in such a short notice and join college next week....on top of it I have a legal agreement with company which is supposed to expire in September...

now i m confused wat should i do.....i will feel very bad if i miss nmims...

wat should i do....any suggestions

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.