Need feedback on admission consulting services from IMS and Manhattan Review

16 Posts  ·  21 Users
About this group
Hi, I am considering B-schools admission consulting services from IMS or Manhattan Review (which is in Hyderabad). I wanted some feedback about these institutes and their effectiveness. Any reference of the students already enrolled for similar ...
Page 1 of 2

Take it from http://www.admitmba.com/

The team is superb. Had a wonderful time with them.
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Does anyone has any idea about the chopra's in delhi? Are they good enough?

@EducationAisle said: ...Anyone who has a MBA degree deems himself/herself the best admissions-consultant/essay-editor on the planet. Writing is a skill and MBA does not teach it.

Sadly, i've seen this a Lot thanks to the "Ask-A-Consultant" thread.

My advice for any Admissions Consulting package you are looking at:

1. Make sure you talk to the people who are going to work with you. I think a 30minute session should suffice but ensure you get the "feel good" factor. Else it is not worth it.

2. Ensure that the person either has an MBA or has enough experience doing this. Personal recommendations from past students who have been successful working with the specific consultant will help. Don't go by testimonials on brochures :)

3. Try to understand how much of it is offline (i.e. MS-Word track changes) and how much of it is online (i.e. over phone or in person).

4. Under the schedule - which should include the number of rounds of review, including the turnaround time for each round. Ensure that you are not rushing through the process.

Arun
India's fastest growing GMAT & GRE Test Prep Company: http://crackverbal.com

Hi
This is the same story with every big institution. By the time you realize this, you have spent 30-40K rupees and also wasted your attempts. I will also recommend MBAdream for you puys. I came to know about MBAdream from pg. Their services are best. The essays really helped me in many Bschools. The fee is also not very high as compared to other players.

I had joined Princeton review (Manya counselling services) and it has been disappointing. One of the most expensive in the market but services were possibly worth 1/3rd what they charged. So many aspects, which included website, editing, counselling and general responsiveness, were below par.

Eller MBA, Class of 2014

I have recently joined IMS. I feel the teaching is pretty good. Do not know about the books as of yet. But will soon post about the same! Till now I like the study material and teaching.

I have recently joined IMS. I feel the teaching is pretty good. Do not know about the books as of yet. But will soon post about the same! Till now I like the study material and teaching.

Look! Everybody out there will over promise and will each you the basics and all! But if you see in the past IMS have had students making to the top of the institutes. They have great books to study from. They have great books for every exam also the books for PI and GD are damn good! I'd say go for it!

Most of the consultants overpromise. Please do your due-diligence. I took service of "accesseducationindia" and found them very shallow in knowledge and pathetic in communication.

Most of the consultants take service from free-lance writers. So I would suggest you to do your research on schools and take help from free-lance writers for editing your essays. Self-research is the only way to get into top schools.

Also, every top schools have at least one unique essay which force you to know more about school. 'consultants' do not give any support on this front.

All the best !!