Need an insight on Business Analyst jobs in India

1 Post  ·  3 Users
About this group
Hi Friends, I am currently pursuing my MBA from NYIT Manhattan campus (General no specialization). My Background: Graduated from Symbiosis Law with B.B.A;LL.B then worked with PWC India for 3 years in the US Direct Taxation Department....
Page 1 of 1
Hi Friends,
I am currently pursuing my MBA from NYIT Manhattan campus (General no specialization).

My Background: Graduated from Symbiosis Law with B.B.A;LL.B then worked with PWC India for 3 years in the US Direct Taxation Department.

I am 26 years old. I am in my final semester and about to join a consultancy so that I can get a job as soon as I finish school. The profile that I am interested in is that of a business analyst. I intend to work here for 2 years, pay off my student loan amount and move back to India. So my questions are:

a. As I am not from a technical background, what kind of technical skills should I take up in my training with the consultancy (i.e for a financial analyst job few of them are saying VBA (Visual Basic Application) is a good choice, they are also saying MYSQL Server is important and warned me not to take oracle as I might get into competition with the CS students and all. What particular area will suit my fundamental needs for becoming a business analyst)...Some thing that will help me in the long run and has tremendous job prospect.

b. After working here for 2 years can I expect to get a job in similar profile back in India? I checked the internet and found out big companies like Barclays, JP Morgan etc. offer good positions with excellent salary. I thought this was too good to be true. So Looking forward to your opinion.

Can explain in detail if you have further questions.

You don't win silver, you always loose the gold.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...