Need advice!!!!

7 Posts  ·  8 Users
About this group
Hi, Let me brief u all abt myself. I completed my Electronics engg in 2002 (2nd class) and gave my first CAT attempt that year. Got a score of 84%. Planned to appear again in 2003 but due to some reasons could not make it. Side by side I wo...
Page 1 of 1
Ajay_X Says
i have decided i should do an MBA and \am convinced that i should do it from one of the premier institutes in india ,if not the IIMs(i know i have it in me).now the real question is, my age is it going to be a problem incase i get into any B-schools during the placemnts?:(,coz iam 24 now and the course gets over by jan 2009,i will be 27 by then so......

I can't see what the problem is!
You have decided to do an MBA..Go ahead and do it by all means...Age will not be a deterrant during placements, provided you prove your mettle...We have people above 35 years of age in the PGP program in IIMA. They don't see a problem. I will be 27 by the time I pass out of this place. I don't see any problem for myself either.
Of course, there are talks that I-Banks dont prefer experienced candidates. I am not very sure of this. We have a slightly 'elder' batch at IIMA this time. So, I might be able to comment on this pretty soon.
Having said all these, Martian has a very valid point out there. You might want to check out how other MBA programs (Executive/ISB/PGPX etc) suits your plans, ambitions and aspirations.
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Check out the previous post on Exec MBA.

For most bschools in the US/Europe, average age for regular MBAs is more or less within your age group.

Founder - MBA CRYSTAL BALL (mbacrystalball.com) | Twitter www.twitter.com/mba_cb

is anybody out there:(

Hi friends.
I am pretty new to PG ,but have learnt a lot about management education scenario in the last few days.Now let me explain to you my doubts?
I am a BBA student in dubai studying in the first year,but had dropped out of a course earlier,inspite of being a top student right thru high school and +2.later joined a call centre in bang and worked for two years and resigned as a Quality analyst since i got a lucrative sales job offer from here in dubai,been working here since the last 16 months ,the pay is good,challenging job and i love what iam studying and doing right now.Been thinking about the future ,and i have decided i should do an MBA and \am convinced that i should do it from one of the premier institutes in india ,if not the IIMs(i know i have it in me).now the real question is, my age is it going to be a problem incase i get into any B-schools during the placemnts?:(,coz iam 24 now and the course gets over by jan 2009,i will be 27 by then so......

another alternative is doing an MBA from here in dubai,but since i am working i would have to do a part time course ,that too no placements and way too expensive

any insights into this would be highly appreciated ,after all the PUYs out there :),you peple should know better:)

waiting for you replies

Look at XL, SPJ, MDI. also ISB will be agud bet thru GMAT. Look at NUS singapore also. u may get more pref for your work exp in these schools rather than IIM.

At your experience level, rather than just focussing on CAT and IIM's, you might be better off considering other options such as BSchools outside India where the average student has experience levels and overall profile (age, years of experience, post-MBA aspirations etc) matching yours.

Executive MBA might be another option to consider in a few more years.
Founder - MBA CRYSTAL BALL (mbacrystalball.com) | Twitter www.twitter.com/mba_cb

Hi,
Let me brief u all abt myself. I completed my Electronics engg in 2002 (2nd class) and gave my first CAT attempt that year. Got a score of 84%.

Planned to appear again in 2003 but due to some reasons could not make it. Side by side I worked for a n/w company for 8 months. Then worked for an e-learning company for 20 months. My exp and performance in this company was appreciated and I recd awards for the same too. Meanwhile gave CAT 2004 and recd 82%. I am currently working for a s/w company and my total exp till date is 40 months. I plan to take up CAT 2007 putting in my best this time.

I will have an overall experience of arnd 54 months while filling up CAT 2007 form. I will also have a varied experience from N/w to e-learning - software development.

From the ppl who are currently at IIM or any othe top bschool, i need a general piece of advice reg my selection and positive / negative points if i receive a call for GD/PI.

Guys who have already passed out from good b schools can also contribute,,,,,

Regs,
A man apart !!!!!