Need a carrer advice

5 Posts  ·  4 Users
About this group
Hey guys, This is shaweta here.I am new to this forum.I need a career advice.I am palnning to give CFA level 1 in june 2007 but i am not sure about this. I have done my MBA in finance from india.I have also one year experience as a project ...
Page 1 of 1

Please use the http://www.pagalguy.com/search.php by keiyng in 'CFA' you willg et plethora of threads in which you could continue your discussion...

and oh please it is spelt 'career' :huh:

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Pavan, look for CAT sections. use search options and read newbie rules. all your queries have been answered in PG in other threads.

hi 8-)
i am k.pavan kumar did my b.tech in Electical and Electronics Engg from 2006 batch
i am doing as softwre engg in satyam computers hyd
my carrer goal is to do MBA from IIM's
i dont know how to procede for it and how to plan for it :shocked:
i require some sugessions and guidance reguarding these matters
to say it clearly i dont know any thing about how it goes:nervous:
i am ready to put all the efforts that is needed and streach for it
how much time will it take for me to get it :eh:
can i make with in 2 years

bye

Hi, u have already chosen a finance career.

1. Opt for CFA (AIMR-US).exams are available in India now. so you can keep taking exams in India also.

2. If you plan to stay back in US, subject to your dependant visa condition, you may not be able to work so carry on with studies, preferably FT with CFA.

3. Later you may come back, get a job in India and go back to US on H1B/L1 or similar or try permanent immigration to US.

ensure you dont show any gaps in career like sitting in home and doing nothing.

Hey guys,

This is shaweta here.I am new to this forum.I need a career advice.I am palnning to give CFA level 1 in june 2007 but i am not sure about this.
I have done my MBA in finance from india.I have also one year experience as a project accounting analyst in oracle india.Presently i am in seattle,usa.I am on H4 visa and i need H1 visa.Since 1 year i am applying for ajob but my problem is visa status.
Now i have applied for MSF course in seattle university.I think that if i complete atleast 2 levelsof CFA side by sde with my msf course then it will help me in my career.
After doing MSF i will get one year workpermit.
Do you think that i should go for CFA course

I will really appreciate your help in this regard.

Thanks
Shaweta