Ncat-3-cf

16 Posts  ·  9 Users
About this group
Hey guys who have given NCAT-3 of Career forum.............. The quant and DI was tough... Do post your thoughts .....
Page 1 of 2

Thanks for reminding me of the .pdf analysis document !! It totally crossed my mind. They could have atleast given a link to that document in the student homepage as well so that one can analyze the paper while looking at his performance in each section.

the freak

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Hey expandinghorizon and others,

I just took this CF mock at home and scored 67 (32.33 Eng + 21.33 DI +13.33 QA). Wanted to know where this stands in terms of rank and percentile.

Tons of errata in the answerkey. Thankfully they had the sense to give the errata along with the solution.

I registered late for the CF test-series and missed the 1st 3 mocks. Though those guys gave me the qn.papers to take home, the jerks haven't given me access to the analysis part for these tests. Their website is weird !! Can you even go back to an old test analysis once a new mock has been taken ?

the freak

You have done well dude.
I got a rank of 5 and percentile of 99.88 against an expected score of around 63-64
I dont know how much I actually got since I am too lazy to back calculate from the piece of crap that CF calls a scorecard.
You really arent missing much in terms of the analysis part. As I said earlier, just go to cflogic.com and download the pdf analysis file.

Hey expandinghorizon and others,

I just took this CF mock at home and scored 67 (32.33 Eng + 21.33 DI +13.33 QA). Wanted to know where this stands in terms of rank and percentile.

Tons of errata in the answerkey. Thankfully they had the sense to give the errata along with the solution.

I registered late for the CF test-series and missed the 1st 3 mocks. Though those guys gave me the qn.papers to take home, the jerks haven't given me access to the analysis part for these tests. Their website is weird !! Can you even go back to an old test analysis once a new mock has been taken ?

the freak

Hi,
I am also a student of the tets series of CF....
just wanted to know how many people appeared for this NCAT3 .....
or we have to figure that out on our own from the percentile, as we did to find out the scores in individual sections .

ExpandingHorizon Says
I had opted for a saturday batch, and after writing the test the paper was taken away and I was told to come after sunday to collect it. I really lost my cool then as the centre is not very close to where I stay and plus I told him that I could collect it after 4pm on sunday (after the TIME/CL test) and he kept insisting that I would get it only after 6pm. After arguing with him for half an hour I changed my batch to sunday inorder to collect it after the test. Their reasoning is that they have this system where students can take the test anytime during the week so they need to make sure the paper doesnt get "leaked" .

Just to inform that it doesnt happen that way here in Chennai...
I write it on Saturdays and get to take home the Q papers with me...
Maybe you could use me as an example to further your argument with the CF ppl
Answers...?? Dude, the worst part of the tests results is that u get all scores in percentage basis. Till date, i haven't been able to figure out whether these percentage scores depict ur rigt answers vis-a-vis the total number of questions in the test or r tehy a precentage of the total questions that u have attempted..!!

Worst part is, the entire day yesterday, i was trying desperately to figure out how I can get to know my exact score in each section..!!

These fools I tell u.....!! Only precentiles and percentage scores are given..!! Wht do we do with that...?? And the best part I saw was that they even took away the question papers with them at the end of the test..!! saying that u could collect them later..!! I mean wht the hell.. how does one analyze the test then..? Do we wait for 24 hrs till they give us back the question papers...???

this whole thing has got me really flustered and I havea good mind to call them up and give them a piece of news myself...!!

I had spoken to the CF guy about this, and he said that all I needed to do was to go to the Answersheet section and then find out which questions I had done wrong and which were correct and then calculate. On being asked why they cant just display the scores instead of asking us to calculate, he said that CF believes in following the CAT style and then embarked on a lecture about CAT not giving the raw scores either. I had to control my urge to tell him to shut the f*#k up as I already knew what a CAT scorecard looked like. Anyway, it's not much of an issue I guess. The question paper issue was much more irritating and I got really pissed after the first NCAT. I had opted for a saturday batch, and after writing the test the paper was taken away and I was told to come after sunday to collect it. I really lost my cool then as the centre is not very close to where I stay and plus I told him that I could collect it after 4pm on sunday (after the TIME/CL test) and he kept insisting that I would get it only after 6pm. After arguing with him for half an hour I changed my batch to sunday inorder to collect it after the test. Their reasoning is that they have this system where students can take the test anytime during the week so they need to make sure the paper doesnt get "leaked" . What I was really pissed about is why they didnt inform me about that when I registered for the test series. I had to turn my whole schedule upside down thanks to them.
hey are u guys satisfied with the answers provided by them,
Esp in DI n LR?

Answers...?? Dude, the worst part of the tests results is that u get all scores in percentage basis. Till date, i haven't been able to figure out whether these percentage scores depict ur rigt answers vis-a-vis the total number of questions in the test or r tehy a precentage of the total questions that u have attempted..!!

Worst part is, the entire day yesterday, i was trying desperately to figure out how I can get to know my exact score in each section..!!

These fools I tell u.....!! Only precentiles and percentage scores are given..!! Wht do we do with that...?? And the best part I saw was that they even took away the question papers with them at the end of the test..!! saying that u could collect them later..!! I mean wht the hell.. how does one analyze the test then..? Do we wait for 24 hrs till they give us back the question papers...???

this whole thing has got me really flustered and I havea good mind to call them up and give them a piece of news myself...!!
Ya chkd it !!!

Hope there doesnt happen more downslide

BTW y do these CF ppl give scores in percentage ???

hey are u guys satisfied with the answers provided by them,
Esp in DI n LR?
Ah so you're the guy above me in the merit list. Well the paper was easy overall I guess, except for quant (CAT 2k4 quant was easier than this).
By the way, we've just shifted down a rank...some guy from pune has scored 43.86 percent. So you're now 3 and i'm 4.

Ya chkd it !!!

Hope there doesnt happen more downslide

BTW y do these CF ppl give scores in percentage ???
Hi guys !!!

This was my first NCAT. After reading about Rs 500/- offer i enrolled for the test series and what i find there !!!

Before the test a guy from WELLINGKAR comes and starts promoting the institute and starts giving fundae when they arent required in first place.

Somehow test started at 10:50 am....Quite an odd time na !!!

Neway as for test , it was bit easy and definitely not like a CAT paper.

Managed to get RANK 2 in test.....

Ah so you're the guy above me in the merit list. Well the paper was easy overall I guess, except for quant (CAT 2k4 quant was easier than this).
By the way, we've just shifted down a rank...some guy from pune has scored 43.86 percent. So you're now 3 and i'm 4.