Nanyang 2009 application process & admits

1,127 Posts  ·  214 Users
About this group
Hi all, I am starting this thread for discussions :bigear: on Nanyang (NTU) 2009 application/interview process and admits. Here we can discuss :2gunfire: about what all is required during the admission process and final admits and beyond.. ...
Page 1 of 113

I have started with my NTU app for full time MBA. Is this thread still active or there is a separate thread for fall 10???

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi..i m interested in applying to NTU for the 2010 intake.

My profile is as below:-

Xth(ICSE) - 80.2%
XII(ISC) - yet to give in 2010

Is any scope for Admission possible ?
Please do reply.
I am very worried.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Guys,
i am planning to apply to NTU MBA, though I haven't started working on my application yet.
I had few questions to those who have already submitted their applications:

1. Are NTU applications in rolling basis, or do they follow a deadline system. Because NUS follows a rolling process though they do not mention it anywhere on their website. Does NTU follow the same.

2. Is their a considerable disadvantage in applying in the second round. I am currently loaded with applications/interviews/work that I may not be able to give my best efforts to the application. So I was thinking if I can move NTU to the second round to prepare the application properly. How much disadvantage will I be in if I miss the first round.

Thanks

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi puys.... i m trying for admission to Nanyang in jul-aug 2010....
i hv nt given mi GMAT yet... ..plan to giv it in feb...
please lemme know...when are d deadlines for applying to it...
m i late.... wud it b possible to get an admission dere if I start al d process at dis pt of time... please advise...
also plz lemme know shud i contact sum consultant or wat...
how to go about d whole process

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

guys...i havent started working on my ntu essays yet..but recieved a mailer from them stating that if i submit my app before 30th,they would conduct a f2f i/v when they are on the tour(i.e if app is shortlisted)
i just have 4 days to work on the essays and doesnt seem possible.
does anyone know if ntu gives more weightage to f2f i/vs or is ok with telephonic ones too?
im in a fix as im considering the school very seriously

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

i have few queries regarding NTU admission process.

1)NTU recquires the following supporting docs

a.Degree Scroll(s) (must be in English, otherwise an official English translation must be provided)
--Do they mean Degree certificate?

b.Transcript(s) of academic records from each university attended (must be in English, otherwise an official English translation must be provided)--What do they mean by transcripts?Can i send copies of my marksheets?Do they have to be attested?

2)TOEFL--Do indians need to take TOEFL?

Anyone from NTU,please answer my queries.

Thanks,
Dpthi

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

HI ALL,

Help me in my chances in nanyang.

my Profile
GMAT not taken yet planning shortly
10th 57% (very bad)
12th 45%(worst hit by typhiod)
BE 59% (Non IT)
Work exp total 3 years, have diversified profile - worked in manufacturing industry for about 1 year as a consultant and then moved to another consultant role in IT company.

i am planning for 2010 admissions. whats a good GMAT score for me and what else i need to prepare for increasing my chances.

Well from the begining studies never interested me and didn't see real value in studies, however my work experience started with a bang i was exceptional or oustanding.... my sucess are lot to list with many awards and recognition, outperforming those scored 80% in thier BE or equivilent. i have handled many projects with my little experience and was very sucessful(my peers say and they say i have a very good leadership skills). And at this point time in my life i feel and aspire more as i have always wanted and been innovative and creative (but ideas are not accepted in org for various reason). i want to be a Entrepreneur and i need to build loads of skills, knowledge on facts , B-plans, networking, international exposure etc which i ll be exposed to in B- schools ... i have lots to say but i know you wil be bugged

Now it is a right time for me to make this career shift and i am al set.

HELP ME pease!

Thanks
John

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
nih
@nih  ·  0 karma

Thanks Chirag !!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi rvnrahul,

Since you have relatively less work experience, I strongly suggest re-taking your GMAT even though you dont have time to prepare. As far as I see it, 640 should be your threshold and you are not going to have a worse score than that. So why not give it a shot.

You should definitely look at good schools which are reputed in the country they are located. The grades they get in the various rankings may not give a good picture of their actual worth. You should be clear about your industry, function of interest post-mba since various schools have various niche competencies.

For example, Nanyang Business School has competency in Finance.
Hence, this should be your criteria while searching for the good schools.
Try and get in touch with the alumni of these schools and talk to them to get an understanding of the local reputation of these schools.

Also, whether you want to go back to India upon graduation or not? Since, schools with local reputation may not command the same respect back home.

Cheers,
Chirag

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hey guys,

To the ones who got an an interview call, could you tell us the kind of questions that were asked there. What was the interview all about?

And, I am planning to take the GMAT in Sep09 and apply to Nanyang for next year's session (2010). Considering my profile:
-3 yrs in an IT company (TCS)
-good acads
10th - 96%
12th - 95%
Engg - 83%
-good extra curricular activities (sports, music, public speaking) and social service
What kind of GMAT score do I need to be assured at least an interview call from Nanyang?

Thanks a ton in advance.

Hi Nih,

Please be informed that there is no assurance whatsoever to land an interview call irrespective of your profile.
Since, you are from an IT background, a GMAT score of atleast 700 would be competitive. Applications to Nanyang Business School are increasing in numbers and quality so the more you score the better.

However, GMAT is not the only criterion that the school falls on while shortlisting people for interview calls. The quality of your essays and other aspects of your application matter equally.

Cheers,
Chirag
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...