MYRA PGPX Class of 2015

22 Posts  ·  37 Users
About this group
Hi, This thread is to engage the prospective candidates for MYRA PGPX 2015 and the already selected candidates for Co2015. The current cohort and @MYRAadmissions are always welcome to share their views and experiences to help candidates make a i...
Page 1 of 3

Hi guys, what is the placement scenario of all?...are  the classes already over or still going on?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

is there any watsapp group for the admits?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

i got 52 percentile only in CAT....how about final selection in myra pgpx

1 comment
MYRAadmissions
@MYRAadmissionsMYRA Mysore  ·  595 karma

Hello Jay,                                                                                                                            We understand that your CAT score is a bit low. However, MYRA follows a holistic approach to student recruitment/admissions. We believe that scores at one particular exam do not reveal much about the full potential of students. Therefore we take into account the following : consistently academic record (taking the 10th, 12th and graduation scores); CAT/XAT/GMAT/GRE Scores; Statement of Purpose(SoP)essay ; quality and quantity of experience; and also extra curricular activities. The personal interview is the clincher. Having said that, it is important to have a minimum for all of the above. The cut off score for CAT is 60 percentile for shortlisting for interview. MYRA students come with CAT Score of 60 to 90 percentile. It is almost the same with XAT. The cut off for GMAT is 600. GRE is 300. We have students with GMAT scores in the range of 600 to 770 in the past. A very good essay (SoP) sometimes could tilt in the favour of some students. The kind of work experience that student brings to the table becomes more important sometimes. Since we look for students with "fire in the belly" and willing to go the "extra mile" we try and find these traits during the interview. Our holistic admission policy has been endorsed and proved right by our experience in the previous years. We have found students with 600 GMAT score do as well as students with GMAT score of 770 academically (based on the grades scored at MYRA). Hope this clarifies your question and also throws more light on our admission policy. We are a boutique school and all our processes are boutique too (from admission to learning to placement).                                                                                               You might still have chance to be a MYRAcle and have a great career opportunity.                                                                                                        Kindly share your details to give you more details and assist you in your application process. http://www.myra.ac.in/apply 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

How I got to know about MYRA and my interview experience (upcoming batch of PGPX 2015-16)

When I was preparing for GMAT, I always had it in mind that I want to get into an Indian b-school that offers me a one year executive management program containing all the necessary management subjects along with an opportunity to specialize in a particular field. Since I am already an MBA, I didn't want to get into another program of the same duration. I was also looking for a program specially designed for candidates with 5+ years of experience, a program that can brush up my skills and can make me accustomed to the rigors that the corporate world offers. The PGPX at MYRA fits into it perfectly. I got to know about MYRA from my admissions counselor at Jamboree, New Delhi. Though there were many mouth-watering schools that I thought of at foreign locations but the cost at which MYRA is providing its program made me think of it on a serious note. When I browsed through the website of MYRA and got to read about the faculties, it really excited me that a new college is offering the same course with world class faculties at a comparatively low cost. The international immersion program that is part of the PGPX was another deciding factor that adds a point towards selecting MYRA. After much thought and analysis, I decided to give it a go. I finally applied for MYRA with all the details and documents and got a call from Mr. Arun that my application has been selected and I will be having an interview at a hotel in New Delhi. When I reached the venue, I got the opportunity to meet Dr. Abhinanda Sarkar and Dr. Shalini Urs (the two founding members of the institution). The interview was more of a discussion on my career goals and what I can expect from MYRA. To hear and discuss stuff directly with the founder and associate dean made me feel comfortable and confident that I am moving in the right direction. Finally I received the admission confirmation letter after a week or so. Overall the application and interview process has been very smooth. I am looking forward for some exciting and fruitful time at MYRA.

2 comments
pawan1988
@pawan1988  ·  0 karma

Hi, Prakhar,..howz life there??

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
deepmehta
@deepmehta  ·  0 karma

hi prakhar...how is the placement at MYRA

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Dikhawe pe naa jao.. Dimaag ki batti jalao
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

are letters of recommendation compulsary @ MYRA  PGPX ?

1 comment
MYRAadmissions

No. It is not mandatory. If you can have them, good. Else, you could apply without them too. MYRA takes pride in the fact that we are boutique school where everything is customized. No one size fits all at MYRA. We have one of the most responsive admission team,which will take care to respond to your queries. Personal interview is the clincher and interviews are conducted by our deans/ faculty. MYRA has enviable faculty to student ratio and hence we even customize our program offerings as well. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi

I am an engineer having 13 year exp in core industries. I am looking for an executive MBA and recently come to know about MYRA PGPX. I am requesting seniors and prospective student to help me come to decision.

1) Is MYRA PGPX course correct for me?

2) Am I too old for class? Because one can see avg exp of last batch is 5 yrs.

3) Can I get any part time job while studying at MYRA? Will MYRA help me for this?

4) What will be admissions process and its eligible criterion?

5) How is difficult to get Bank Loan for PGPX program?

Thanks.

Jayesh.

5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
MYRAadmissions

The Convocation page will have the photo and details of the convocation. Yes, the placement of PGPX is the one that is on the web, because the PGDM cohort will go for placement only sometime in March 2015. The placement process will begin sometime in September/October. Coming to the PGPX-- of more than 50% have already been placed and also started working ( some ). The reaming are going through the different levels of interview. One probably will be finalizing it by the end of this week. The other two, since they are looking for very specific domains and also specific levels, it is still in the works. Hope this clarifies.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Jiam
@Jiam  ·  0 karma

@MYRAadmissions I hope by this time your placement of PGPX batch is over. Can you please share the details over web portal? It will give rise to confidence among student.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Yes, MYRA PGPX students have got really some fantastic offers! For a new school it is a record and higher than the average of top schools. Right now we have four students with formal offers : one student ( CTC of 15 Lakhs) ; 2 students ( 18 lakhs) and another with 24 lakhs. All the other 5 are still interviewing. Every day one or the other is intervening. We expect to have the complete list in the next 2 weeks. Then we will be announcing the same on our website. Our policy is always to wait till the complete list is ready . We might communicate the "good news" but the list will be posted on our website once the process is complete. For example one other person who has already got 18, is hoping to better it with another company...so we will wait. Please wait. But at this point of time we are happy and proud of our accomplishments in the placement front.

www.myra.ac.in
2 comments
mba9999
@mba9999IIM Calcutta  ·  422 karma
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Jiam
@Jiam  ·  0 karma

@MYRAadmissions  thanks for update. The same details were reflected on your web portal also. Not sure if you are giving details of PGPX or PGP. I hope the process has been completed and you must be having final detail. Requesting you to post on web. Thanks

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@MYRAadmissions I heard that the placements for the first PGPX batch have been quite promising. Can you please give us a brief of the placments? i.e Salary bracket, Roles and companies....Cheers!!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Any other PGPX admits,pls share their profile and views

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...