My Scores are a Straight Line ! Help !!!

2 Posts  ·  3 Users
About this group
Hi. Its been 2.5 months since I had started preparing for the GMAT. I shall be appearing for the exam on 10th of June and have just one month to prepare. Here is a brief of my scores: 1st Month A 580 in the mock GMATPREP 1.5 Months...
Page 1 of 1

with 600 posts, i would have thought that you knew how to find a Sticky thread before opening a new one :-p

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/low-gmat-scores-find-help-here-25029450

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Hi.

Its been 2.5 months since I had started preparing for the GMAT. I shall be appearing for the exam on 10th of June and have just one month to prepare.

Here is a brief of my scores:
1st Month
A 580 in the mock GMATPREP
1.5 Months
1 640 in the mock GMATPREP
2 to 2.5 Months
I have given 3 Manhattan Mock Tests and scored 660,680,670. Just gave the Kaplan Practice Test No 2, a few minutes ago and still scored a 670.

I am really confused, how should I scale my marks in these mocks w.r.t to the Real GMAT?
Am i stuck somewhere? Or is it that these papers are more difficult than the real GMAT when it comes to English section especially ? Can i conclude that a 670 in mocks is equivilant to a 710-720 in the real gmat ???

I also find maths questions in the mocks pretty easy to crack? Are they a tad lower in difficulty compared to the real gmat ??

I have loads of work to do in the english section where I score in the 35-40s. Is there a quick and dirty way to improve english ??? Especially SC??

Finally,
Should I give more mocks in the coming months or should I attempt to sharpen my english skills further ?? It is a well known saying that if you have 5 hours to cut a tree, you should spend 4 hours sharpening the axe. But with just one month in hand, should I forget about the axe now and start thinking about how to hit the tree ??

Thanks in Advance :-)

Manish

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.