my profile evaluation

1 Post  ·  3 Users
About this group
Hi, I'd appreciate your inputs on my path to a MBA in one of these schools (this is my order of preference): 1. IESE, 2. INSEAD, 3. IE , 4. Harvard and 5. ISB Profile Brief: a) 24 / M / Indian b) Bachelor in Commerce (Loyola...
Page 1 of 1

Hi,  

I'd appreciate your inputs on my path to a MBA in one of these schools (this is my order of preference): 1. IESE, 2. INSEAD, 3. IE , 4. Harvard and 5. ISB 

Profile Brief: 
a) 24 / M / Indian 
b) Bachelor in Commerce (Loyola College, Chennai), Chartered Accountant (India), Certified Information Systems Auditor (USA) 

Work Profile:  
3.50 Years internship with a small Chartered Accountancy (CA) firm in Chennai (3 years in tandem with graduation and 6 months post graduation) 
0.75 Years statutory audit team lead in a big CA firm in Mumbai 
1.25 Years freelance audit team lead with multiple small CA firms in Chennai 
1.25 Years (and counting) senior executive in the internal audit team at Wipro Limited (An Indian major IT company with revenues of $7BN) 

Assignments/Projects before joining Wipro: 
 Statutory audits 
 Information Systems audits 
 Internal audits 
 Concurrent audits 
 Due diligence reviews 
 Relative valuations & business plans 
 Special situation audits - fraud investigation and a review of a business transfer transaction 
 Proprietary audits 
 Certifications 
 Cash & stock counts 

Sectors Covered before joining Wipro: 
 Non-Banking Finance 
 Stock Broking 
 Service sector 
 Construction 
 Logistics 
 Manufacturing & Trading 
 IT/ITES 
 Nonprofit organisations 

Achievements while working at these myriad CA firms (Nothing much to say ): 
Appreciated for  
 My quality of observations and adherence to timeliness 
 the manner in which I identified and conducted a fraud investigation despite being an intern 
 Multi tasking between CA classes, B Com classes and internship 

Assignments/Projects at Wipro: 
 Timesheet - leave & billing linkage 
 US H1B visa nomination process 
 Non PO based payments 
 US Immigration compliance 
 Relocation & transfer claims 
 Training Effectiveness 
 Quarterly accounts reporting 
 Immigration compliance new system development 
 Strategic Hiring 

Achievements at Wipro: 
 Rated either outstanding or exceed expectations in all assignments 
 My team (of 3) was placed second in the business case study presentation on international finance management 
 SBU heads (my auditees) have highly commended my work and have consistently given me the highest customer feedback 
 Junior most ISO Management Representative and member of the Internal Quality Assessment (IQA) team 
 Redrafted the Procedure and Quality manual of the function 
 Organized and hosted segments of the team's annual conference. Compiled and edited the conference docket in addition to contributing articles; and prepared the team's sales pitch 
 Host the monthly internal audit team meetings and contribute articles for internal newsletters 

Extracurricular Activities in College/School:  
 Featured as an inspiring person in Dezyre's blog, an online academy that provides training in job related skills 
 Awarded the “Excellence in Leadership Award” for leading social entrepreneurship projects in college; for being the President, Joint Secretary and Treasurer of Loyola Students In Free Enterprise (SIFE, now known as ENACTUS), Managerial Committee Member of the Entrepreneurship Development Cell 
 Our SIFE team's social entrepreneurship projects won KPMG's Business Ethics Grant of INR 100,000 twice in a row; HSBC's Financial Literacy Grant of $400 and $500 and our Business Plan obtained a funding of €64,000. We were the winners and runners up at the 2010 and 2009 SIFE India National Competition 
 Elected as the School Pupil Leader and as the Secretary of the Literary and Debating Association in school and as the Secretary of the Oriental Languages Department in college 
 Bagged the Child Scientist Award at the National Children's Science Congress in Class IX 
 Won General Proficiency Awards and several other prizes in cultural and literary events at the inter-school, inter-department and inter-collegiate level 
 Organised a inter school fest cum alumni reunion as the treasurer of the Old Students' Association of my school 
 Completed over 120 hours of community service during graduation 

Haven't taken GMAT as of now but planning to give in July. Aiming for 680 to 730.  

Post-MBA Goals:  
1. Short-term : Consulting - business process improvement, business process re-engineering  
2. Medium-term : Private equity 
3. Long term: Social Entrepreneurship 

Specific questions: 
1) Please review my chances for 1. IESE, 2. INSEAD, 3. IE , 4. Harvard and 5. ISB 
2) Would my internship during graduation and post graduation count as work experience? 
3) Other schools which suits my profile.  
4) Anything else you would like to add 

Thanks and Regards,  

Joseph Alexander

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...