My journey towards 740 [Q-49, V-41]

16 Posts  ·  10 Users
About this group
Hi Puys, It has been a loong time since I posted something on PG. The reason being that I was busy with my GMAT prep Wrote GMAT on 26th June in Mumbai. Scored 740 (Math-49, Verbal-41). Although I am a bit disappointed with my Math perf...
Page 1 of 2

Hi
I wish to take my GMAT in Feb 2009.
Can u plz suggest the best material/Classroom programme
for the same and also any mock-tests etc.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

maybe you missed my post before posting yours 😉
... my last post would raise many basic questions which even a seasoned GMAT guru cant answer... :(
coming back to topic - here you go -
you can call them scaled score. NO ONE. no one knows the scoring algorithm of GMAT. It's a secret.

how many you answered correctly (out of 37) doesnt matter... all you know is your scaled score which you report everywhere alongwith your overall score & AWA.

GMAT Blog http://gmat.amrute.me
Q - 49
Quant score is 49

V- 41
Verbal Score is 41

i hope u know that GMAt has 2 sections Quant and Verbal...and i certainly hope u know that what GMAT is and that this thread is abt GMAT

Ok I guess I should clarify my question more.

I know GMAT has two sections:

Quant: 37 questions
Verbal: 41 questions

But what I wanted to ask is,

1) How do we relate 740 with 49 and 41?
2) How do we relate 37 and 41 questions with 49 and 41?

Are 49 and 41 percentages?
Are 49 and 41 marks?

Thanks.

as you must be aware there are two objective type sections in GMAT
namely quantitative and verbal.
q-49 v-41 means that thread starter scored 49 in quant and 41 verbal (out of 60... though the max score is 51 )
and scored 740 overall out of 800

GMAT Blog http://gmat.amrute.me
Guys,
A very basic question. What does 740 mean? As in what does Q-49, V-41 mean?

Thanks.

Q - 49
Quant score is 49

V- 41
Verbal Score is 41

i hope u know that GMAt has 2 sections Quant and Verbal...and i certainly hope u know that what GMAT is and that this thread is abt GMAT

Guys,
A very basic question. What does 740 mean? As in what does Q-49, V-41 mean?

Thanks.

Hi Rahul,
Congrats for ur score! I know too late but still...so which school will you be attending?
did u study only OG-11 and 1000 SCs for GMAT??

I will be giving GMAT on 12th july 07. I intend to complete OG-11, Kaplan 2007 and Kaplan -800 (hopefully). Other Puys are covering so much stuff that I have doubts whether my preparations will be enough.

Hi Aditya,

I am joining HEC Paris.
12th July is not too far. OG-11, Kap 2007 and 800 look good to me. Don't see what others are doing. You should use material which would help you improve upon your weeknesses. So find out your problem areas and pick up material accordingly.

Good Luck

Somehow, I managed to finish OG but could complete only 500 out of 1000 SCs.
While solving OG, I used to mark those q: which i had answered wrong so that i could refer to them later.

Hi Rahul,
Congrats for ur score! I know too late but still...so which school will you be attending?
did u study only OG-11 and 1000 SCs for GMAT??

I will be giving GMAT on 12th july 07. I intend to complete OG-11, Kaplan 2007 and Kaplan -800 (hopefully). Other Puys are covering so much stuff that I have doubts whether my preparations will be enough.
a great score indeed, made so much better by the fact that you recovered after a 'perceived' bad day in the math section .. 😃

congrats dude, and best of luck for the rest of the process

Thanks catfan. You have hit upon a very old thread. I finished my app process last yr itself
Good luck to you 😃

a great score indeed, made so much better by the fact that you recovered after a 'perceived' bad day in the math section .. 😃

congrats dude, and best of luck for the rest of the process