My GMAT experience (780, q-51, v-47)

13 Posts  ·  8 Users
About this group
Hi, this is my first post in pagalguy. And I would like to thank PG for the valuable resources it provided me with. Specially the QQAD which I feel will be quite valuable for my CAT too. I would like to share my experiences in GMAT preparatio...
Page 1 of 2

Thanks for replying Deepanshu !! I must say you seem to be brilliant in your academics... IIT-Kanpur and Yahoo ! sounds cool.... Best of Luck !!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

No Man, I did not look at any of these books, and dont have much idea about them. I referred the only the books mentioned in my first post(for GMAT).

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Congrats yaaa!!
Really encouragin reading your versions...
Man.. i'm real scared.. not been studying much for the last sometime.. and gmat happens in liek 9 days!
Congrats again to you!.. which institutesa re you targeting?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey man,Congrats for ur score.... lemme know if u followed any LSAT books/ 1000 series on SC,RC,CR ???

Thanks man!! I am still in the process of shortlisting the colleges but will surely be applying in ISB and INSEAD. Will update once I have that final list ready.

As per my profile, I am a B Tech ,2006 passout from IIT Kanpur. Currently working in Yahoo! Have avg. academics, so lets see how it goes.

Yes, I will be keenly looking forward to the exam going to be held after 80 days :). I sat for CAT'07 got 99.25 (2 calls - I and K , converted both but did'nt join). I lost basically in QA (30 marks , 94.xx %cile) which is actualy my forte. So, this time I am quite eager to do well there. But then again CAT is really arbit, so keeping my fingers crossed.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Thanks man!! I am still in the process of shortlisting the colleges but will surely be applying in ISB and INSEAD. Will update once I have that final list ready.

As per my profile, I am a B Tech ,2006 passout from IIT Kanpur. Currently working in Yahoo! Have avg. academics, so lets see how it goes.

Yes, I will be keenly looking forward to the exam going to be held after 80 days :). I sat for CAT'07 got 99.25 (2 calls - I and K , converted both but did'nt join). I lost basically in QA (30 marks , 94.xx %cile) which is actualy my forte. So, this time I am quite eager to do well there. But then again CAT is really arbit, so keeping my fingers crossed.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Congratulations Buddy,
Thats a great score .Cool man..:)
Between im curious to know what you would be doing now :)
Meaning which college will u be applying to and when as i see ur age..can u share us your profile too.. and are you appearing for one more exam going to be held after 80+ days..
Thanks ,
Abhishek..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Thanks.

1) If you have prepared for GMAT/CAT before and have good grasp of the fundamentals, then I guess you can start practising with Official Guide. Otherwise you can start with Manhattan series for concepts and then pick up OG.

2) In my opinion 1.5-2 hours daily should be enough(assuming that you are able to donate more time on weekends)

3) I am not sure how much helpful will coaching be. I myself never enrolled for GMAT coaching (although I did join coaching for CAT). If you are disciplined enough to have regular sitting then maybe you can do it without coaching. I feel it's not a must but can be helpful in boosting your score.

All The Best!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Many Congratulations for the gr888 score. I am looking forward to start prepairing for GMAT and plan to give the test by end of year. To be honest, I have only done research on gmat so far and not actually started studying.

If possible can you please answer my queries.
1) Which book should I start first ?
2)How much time does it take to prepare for GMAT. I am a IT professional and works with Accenture so I can spare 1.5-2 hrs daily.Will that suffice to prepare in 3 months.
3) I am planning to do self study and not join any coaching center. Will that be ok or you think coaching center is a must for a good score.

Looking for a response. Do reply !!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Thanks a lot. You can get manhattan mocks at https://www.manhattangmat.com/, but you will need one of the manhattan series book's serial number to create an account. I am not sure if they have a software available for mocks.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hii,congrats for the gr8 score!!!I am in search of the manhatten mock test (simulator).can u suggest from where do i get it?
thanks in advance

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...