my gmat endeavour(710 Q49 V37)

39 Posts  ·  13 Users
About this group
Hi every1, i gave my gmat today. scored 710(q49 v37). was my second attempt. aiming for isb,duke,kenan flagler,darden and emory. will post my prep and dday experience later.
Page 1 of 4

Hi Vivek
If you will get the GMAT preparation document, Kindly please forward to my mail id. I am also preparing for GMAT ,and will appear the test on december.
My mail id : suprakash.satyam@gmail.com
Bye

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Thanks for reply....Vivek

Can u pls send me the 31 sets in CR & SC, searched the whole net for them..but couldn't find them.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

It has been ages since i posted in this thread. actually got a bit sluggish with life after gmat and toefl combo. wanted to share some more insights into gmat prep. those who are not from engineering background have to spend more time for prep as even quant is a consideration for them. and quant in gmat is not a cake walk. the best thing is that it is not as difficult as CAT and not as easy as simple maths

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Vivek,

I have been slogging out for the past 4 mths but my mock score haven't exceeded 600....:huh:

Can u pls send me 31 CR & SC sets which u mentioned, as i couldn't find them anywhere ing esnips..

my mail id is saurabh5417@gmail.com

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi

I have a query with regard to GMAT. I have taken GMAT about 8 times and have managed to get the best score of 580 only!!! Now...its not that I am less intelligent or so...each time I have written....time for preparation has been a constraint along with the ego hurt that I am unable to score above 580.

I am a manager with HSBC exp. 5yrs 5 months.... I want to apply for courses starting 2009 at ISB, NUS, AGSM, SP Jain and Stern.

Considering the above, please suggest if I must be taking GMAT again...and if yes....How much must I score and how will these colleges look at 9 times GMAT as? Kindly suggest links on pagalguy with respect to preparation so that my mind is set...

Thanks in advance
Hemanth

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Quite a long time since my last post. Actually kind of laid back after GMAT & TOEFL combo. essays not going in full steam as well.

missing gmat prep big time. for 4 months till august2 all i thought abt was gmat. and now suddenly i feel empty and void. i am sure that i will take up the exam again some time in my life(around 35+) to give my career another round of boost. its a very addictive exam i must say. have already given twice. the environment doesnt feel like exam.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
hi Vivek,

First of all congrats on ur GMAT score.
I found your post very insightful.
In fact I found that I too am facing the same problems when it comes
to solving CR questions.I'm reading the questions passively and am not
guessing the answers before looking the options...

I have a CR from the 1000 series which is a compilation of CR questions from
GMAT as well as LSAT.Are you talking about the same set of questions as "scoretop set"? I too took set from ensip. I find the CR questions from LSAT sections to be very tough. Did u you find them tough too?

Is that what you recommend that I practice for CR?

i dint try 1000CR. i did only the 31 sets and gained a lot of insight from them especially analyzing them becoz actual GMAT is close to them.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi Vivek,

First of all congrats on ur GMAT score.
I found your post very insightful.
In fact I found that I too am facing the same problems when it comes
to solving CR questions.I'm reading the questions passively and am not
guessing the answers before looking the options...

I have a CR from the 1000 series which is a compilation of CR questions from
GMAT as well as LSAT.Are you talking about the same set of questions as "scoretop set"? I too took set from ensip. I find the CR questions from LSAT sections to be very tough. Did u you find them tough too?

Is that what you recommend that I practice for CR?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

just got my toefl scores. managed 113/120. pretty good i guess. did no prep for the exam

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi
I need all your materials....Can you please sell it to me.
Contact me at : suprakash.satyam@gmail.com
Thanks
Suprakash

My Gday experience

i had a 9 am slot at pearson bangalore(dickenson road). I reached the center by 8 am. to my surprise i found that the center had already opened. i went in and started the formalities. to the unknowns the formalities are
1. submitting passport
2. thumb impression
3 digital signature
4 digital snap
my signature dint match with the one in passport. i tried 10 times to get it close to the one in passport. i found the digital signature process a bit harrowing .

then i was taken to the test room . i started with selecting schools. i picked ISB(first choice) and other four in US(Duke,Emory,Virginia and North Carolina). i proceed towards AWA. the first one was an argument. i tried to figure out lot of assumptions in the argument. and started attacking them. i had template in mind. just followed that blindly. then i proceeded towards issue. the topic was a bit difficult to digest. but somehow managed to write 5 paras.

took the first break. drank a minute maid(no the whole bottle). went back to test seat in 4 minutes. started with quant. first couple of the questions were PS. in one problem(Q6) i got stuck badly. i just kept doing it and could not get the correct answer. i lost lot of time in that question. then the flurry of DS qs started. they started getting tougher. i dread inequalities in DS. i got couple of them. then after Q20 i think the questions eased out a bit. could complete the 37 qs with 10 seconds left.
Dont neglect quant for guys who think they are strong(i am one of them)
for the second attempt i dint revise quant at all and i payed the price.i slipped from 50 to 49.

then i took the second break. this time finished the minute maid. and went back again. before starting i told myself that i need to remain in the scope of question for CR.also for SC i had made up my mind that i would read the whole sentence, list the errors and try to fix them one by one.
first 2 to 3(in my keyboard the hyphen key is not working) were easy SCs. had practiced some with similar errors. then my nightmares started the CR.
first one was an assumption. i eliminated 3 and was left with two. here also i was reading passively. then like a lighting struck and i realized that the option which ws not in the contention was the actual answer. then i told myself again that to get verbal right i need to stay doubly awake and cautious. then around Q9 i got a BF question. solved it with relative ease as i had practiced them a lot from the sets of ST. the passages were also pretty tricky. i tried to map each para to the purpose of the passage and then answer. after 30 i realized that the qs had eased out a bit till at 35 got another RC. finished the section with no time to spare. completed the post test formalities and closed my eyes to see the score. then when i opened i saw 710. was neutral as i had expected 740+.

btw i have gmat stuff with me. books,online tests,notes.
Books

1. Kaplan GMAT 800
  2. Kaplan Premier Edition
  3. OG 11 ed
  4. OG quant
  5. OG verbal
  6. Manhattan SC
Tests

1. Kaplan CD 4 Tests
  2. Manhattan Online 6 tests
frankly i havenot thought abt what to do with these prep material. if somebody wants it , i can sell at a reduced price or just give it. let me know
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...