My First Month at sIIB

1 Post  ·  2 Users
About this group
My first month at SIIB has been such a roller coaster ride- exciting, fun-filled, inspirational, and last but not the least extremely challenging. Never had I imagined that one month at an entirely new place could make such a huge difference to on...
Page 1 of 1

My first month at SIIB has been such a roller coaster ride- exciting, fun-filled, inspirational, and last but not the least extremely challenging. Never had I imagined that one month at an entirely new place could make such a huge difference to one's life. Before joining SIIB, I had a picture in my head about what life at a B-school would be like and I can now safely say that my experience at SIIB so far has been a very fulfilling and a thorough learning experience.

The most awaited moment of about 200 odd students started on the 3rd of June and I am sure each one of us is going to cherish that moment forever. It was the start of a new beginning. A journey where we had a lot more questions than answers; all of us a tad nervous but very excited about what the next two years had in store for us. The induction week help us bid adieu to all the apprehensions we had. It concluded with an outbound trip to 'Surya Shibir' which brought us all together and create bonds that would last a lifetime.

The following Monday started with a bang; lectures began in full swing. The HOD's of all the departments gave us an insight on what the programme has in store for us. It was very inspiring and motivating to know that we would be tutored by some of the best brains in the country. The teaching staff here have a vast experience in their respective specialization. The interaction we had with them helped us all understand what is expected of us as students to excel In SIIB.

The selection for the various student committees at SIIB began in the following week. SIIB offers their students with a wide range of committees to choose from depending on their interests and where they see themselves in the future. The Corporate Relations Committee, Alumni Relations team, Public Relations and Media Committee, Students Activity Committee are a few of them. The selection process for each of these committees was extremely rigorous and it helped us get a picture of how interviews in the future are going to be like. Nevertheless, the process was fun and students took part in them enthusiastically.

We, the junior batch organized a cultural extravaganza 'AARAMBH' to welcome the senior batch from their internships. We got together as a team and worked relentlessly in order to make the event a grand success. AARAMBH helped us all bond with our seniors and connect with them to a great extent.

AARAMBH was followed by the traditional Junior-Senior batch Sports meet- the INDEPENDENCE CUP. The response from the students was overwhelming and the sports meet saw fun-filled and power-packed performances in all the games-Cricket, Football,Basketball.

It's just been little over a month of my stay at SIIB but I already feel like an integral member of this huge SIIB fraternity. My next two years at SIIB can only get better than what it is already. The kind of exuberance everyone exhibits at being an SIIBian is awe-inspiring. Looking forward to spending the next two years here at SIIB and I am sure they are going to be one of the most fruitful and memorable two years of my life.

This new book has just opened, just begun; Look at its first page and it's a beautiful one.

-Written by:

Pavithra Narasimhan

Member-Public Relations and Media Committee

MBA-IB (2014-16), SIIB

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...