Mumbaikar jaago.. IIM call getters contact

52 Posts  ·  32 Users
About this group
I think all of us in Mumabi need to get togethers and put our heads 2gether on d next move me got BLACKI (still shell skocked..) let it rip Mumbaikars we havegot to beat this :2gunfire: :snipersm: Me is Deepak call me, mail me... what...
Page 1 of 6
anupam will return Says
You sure you aren't reachmonil or anywhere close to him

no am not....
though i beliv v share the same name...
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
gr8 goin mumbai..........
me givin cat in 06.........
was lookin forward to synchronise my preps with some people if they r interested...
i think i ll help a lot.......
mail me back if any1s lookin fwd to crack cat06..

You sure you aren't reachmonil or anywhere close to him

gr8 goin mumbai..........
me givin cat in 06.........
was lookin forward to synchronise my preps with some people if they r interested...
i think i ll help a lot.......
mail me back if any1s lookin fwd to crack cat06..

i'msleepynow Says
Me totally up 4 a meet, sounds cool, great way for us to discuss the harrowing experiences we faced

Imsleepynow, adi...

Message me your contacts and il try and see...
Dadar is fine or shud it be bandra??

How about a poll for the location and date
I think 1st or 2nd
or maybe 8th 9th
cause by then we mmight just have a couple of results in hand

location options are
dadar
bandra
chembur

Any comments please post asap

Me totally up 4 a meet, sounds cool, great way for us to discuss the harrowing experiences we faced

hello junta,
that sounds a great idea...we can discuss some good moments..some bad...the general gyan could be discussed...and ofcourse speculate the results and life beyond that...i.e. at a b school...saturday i.e. 31 st sat evening seems ggood...what say...
regards,
goyal

All guys ,
me awakening this thread after a loong time..
Almost all our calls are over...
Some may have MDI this week
why not have a small meet ?
maybe this weekend or next
please post your views
it would be fun
bye

Great work wanderer!!
As they say not all those who wander are lost:wink:

Now C has this management journal isnt it... Any pdfs available??
Not for the GD/PI... just fun reading... PM me if you can load me up with that... I would actually pay but no online transaction available...

K

Hi All,

Hi SUJIT: Where did u get groomed for GD/PI. Did u join any coaching???? What does IIM-C look for in prospective candidates????? Understand that the interview is techie and GD topics are creative???? Plse reply.

Thanks.

CHEERS.

BASIC INSTINCT.

Congrats dude !!!

As for my GD/PI prep - I attended Mr Kamat's sessions besides IMS's workshop . Also what really helped me was speaking to seniors who were at B Schools at that point of time ... some of their insights really came in handy.

As for IIMC ( or any other IIM ) - wot they look for is , simply put , manegerial and leadership potential. Im not sure about the techie interview and stuff ... atleast mine wasn't. What you need to crack any interview is the ability to come across as a confident , self assured and smart person.The interview can take any course - some are techie, some purely personality based , some could be logic/GK oriented or a combination of the above based on what the panelists find interesting about you from your form or what you've said. For a minute just put yourself in the professors shoes - obviouisly they're not there to screw you or give you a tough time - they're there to identify the most suitable candidates who they feel they would enjoy teaching. All they're trying to do is delve into your academic and professional life so far and try to picture how sincere, hard working, alert , thirsty for knowledge you've been. Well incase they see poor acads or otherwise they might test you on basic findas but thats just to give you a chance to prove to them that despite your poor acads you have infact learnt a lot.

As for IIMC , im not sure if you've already come accross this but the panel usually consists of 2 professors and an Alumnus.Well i remember my panel last yr and it was easy to identify who the alumnus was - a really sophisticated , smartly dressed middle aged executive.And believe me he was the one who made the whole experience absolutely enjoyable and confortable for me.He asked me something about hedge funds !!! and obviosly i had no clue wotsoever !!! but i do recall the very interesting conversation that ensued where he helped me understand wot they are.I havent met the gentleman or heard about him ever since but that was the first time i felt part of the IIMC fraternity :satisfie:

Just be prepared as well as you can and be composed and confident in any situation during the interview. The interview is more about how you come accross as an individual rather than your answers as such.

GD topics could be creative but are mostly current affairs / opinion based ones. Mine was something about the examination and education system in India. Keep in mind the GD can play a huge role in your selection as it creates a first impression and as they say first impressions can be hard to erase.If you remain silent during the GD or say sumthing silly be sure to be grilled about it in the interview.Otherwise an average or above average performance would ensure that the profs give you a chance to prove your mettle in the interview

Regards and Gud Luck !!

Hi All,

Me too.......BLACKI.

Engineer passed out in 05 from Mumbai.

Nice to be knowing others in this group.

Have joined Prof. Kamat`s GD/PI grooming. Its been great going....with many guys who have got several calls. My friends too who have got calls are joining his new batch which commences next week, in addition to getting free grooming from IMS. Hey...IIMs too important....leaving no stone unturned to get the best grooming and from wherever possible.

Hi SUJIT: Where did u get groomed for GD/PI. Did u join any coaching???? What does IIM-C look for in prospective candidates????? Understand that the interview is techie and GD topics are creative???? Plse reply.

Thanks.

CHEERS.

BASIC INSTINCT.