Mumbai Community Service - Naseoh, Chembur

547 Posts  ·  106 Users
About this group
Hello Folks, Its better we fix up the timing for this weekend's meet at NASEOH before hand. We are meeting this Sunday at : NASEOH(National Society for Equal Opportunities for the Handicapped) Postal Colony Road near Maa Hospital C...
Page 1 of 55

Hi,
I know i am really really late on this thing.. But by any chance is anyone actively helping out NASEOH still. I am really keen on helping out and would love to do my bit. Can someone pm me or reply right here. ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

[
h i and my team of friends have started a NGO Aashayein in Mumbai to help street children .This year we are planning to encourage them to learn various computer technologies like ADOBE,TALLY,POWERPOINT etc so that it can open new avenues for them, show them what is the impact of computers in todays world and if they wish they make an earning by learning these skills , most of them have basic computer knowledge as in to start and shut down computer ,browsing internet etc . The children are of age group 8-16 years.they go to school foe education , we also organise workshop to teach them skills like carpentery, wielding,bike workshop etc to make their own earning.

I need some powerpoint presentaions and videos which could help me make these children to computers and i have plans to nake the children join the courses in nearby computer centers. Also i need ideas and views to be used in order to encourage other peope and friends to join my cause .

can anyone help me in getting these ppts and videos? u can mail me ur views and stuffs that u have on siddharthroy2007@gmail.com

QUOTE=pagalguy;74724]Hello Folks,

Its better we fix up the timing for this weekend's meet at NASEOH before hand. We are meeting this Sunday at :

NASEOH(National Society for Equal Opportunities for the Handicapped)
Postal Colony Road near Maa Hospital Chembur, Mumbai -71.
Ph : 25220224/25220225.

The timing for the meet would be 2.30 PM or 3 PM as you decide. This is to ensure everyone can turn up , spend a couple of hours at NASEOH and then go back home.

The date of the meet at NASEOH is : 13/06/2004 - This Sunday :)

Please confirm that you are meeting up on that day by replying to this thread. Incase you need the contact nos of all the CS members, feel free to PM me and I'll send over a copy to you.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello Pirates,

Infact a very good post was inspiring to know that people with challenges come from so far to learn do something in life. That point is appertiated.

But my humble request to you please do not use the word HANDICAP from the next post, instead you can use differently abled or challenged. I can write a story here why i'm writing this. Please consider and follow.........

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

This is a fantastic initiative and i would love to be a part of it.

I glanced through the previous few pages and i guess its an every sunday thing. and i stay in chembur so i will definitely make sure i drop by and try and contribute as much as i can by being a part of this initiative.

Can any of the people who would be visiting NASEOH... PM me their contact no. and is there any specific thing you guys would like to me to bring along.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hie
If required i am more eager to join
i would like to know details

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

It was quite surprising that there was no activity on this thread for exact one year..... :shocked: ...

I hope this post makes a kindaa revival of this thread !!!!! & again the good old days come back ....

For those who are not acquainted with this thread & the activities at NASEOH, let me explain in brief ...

This community service was started by pg himself along with couple other friends .. I dont know all of them as I have joined just 2 years ago, but Puneet, Wayn, Shyam, KK & Sunil were the regular members when I joined ... and couple months back we have got another member.. Shripad ...

about the activity at NASEOH : - NASEOH conducts computer classes for handicap people from monday to friday (along with many other activities which can be found on previous posts) & we help them understand computer and internet in some different way (as in focusing more on what they might need in job or for getting into a job) on sunday.:w00t: ... Apart from that we teach basic English, english reading & speaking, maths along with vedic maths and different techniques and many other things ....

& then comes the best part of Sunday ... We go to Barista or Lai Cafe' (its awesome place) or some other place and have a blast ... party :drinking:... it is very much fun to do all this ....

This sunday a new batch started ... I am posting the "Ankho dekha haal" over here .... Because of little response from last batch, the activity at NASEOH was quiet .... but we worked along with teachers at NASEOH & from this sunday the new batch started ..... :clap: On first day of this batch Shriram Sir from NASEOH was personally present .... From our side Shyam & I were interacting with the students ....

we had very good response on the very first day and this batch seems to be very much interested ...one of student came from pen (almost 2.5 hours journey) .. one from Ambarnath .. the others also from different suburbs of the city (the point to note is that these students are handicap and travelling so far)... and thus, we tried not to disappoint them ...We taught them some basic vedic mathematics especially the multiplication, squares and addition part ... & they really enjoyed it ..... especially when I taught them the method of calculating the square and shyam simplified that method even more ... they were surprised if maths can be that easy 😃 :-P
then we had party at Dominos ..

We are hoping that this batch will continue to give such good response ... We welcome any volunteer to join the board ... :: ... its really fun going out there and u will really enjoy ...

This sunday the class timing is 2 to 5 ... for details u can call me or shyam (ssu_09) .... Lets make this thread sticky again & so do the activity at NASEOH ..... it seems i wrote long post .... bye for now .. c u on sunday ...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys m new here....cud jus brief me wats NASEOH??.

Pankaj-- wat kinda social campaign r u plnng??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

where we have to meet?..let me know the address...also gimme ur number or add meon g talk..my id

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Pankaj,

NASEOH's new batch has started very recently. You are welcome to join the gang every sunday at the place. We tend to meet at 3:00 pm and will teach until 5:30pm. Hope to see you this sunday

Regards,

Command like a king, work like a slave.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

i am also in for NASEOH......Let me know when you guys are planning next activity

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...