MS Vs JOB VS CAT

5 Posts  ·  4 Users
About this group
Hi guys i am new to this place and this is this is my first forum. I am in a dilemna.I am a mechanical engr,from Osmania university,Hyderabad.I worked hard for GRE aqnd got 1540 of 1600 and secured admission in one top notch college -universit...
Page 1 of 1

Thank you for your responses.I had applied to industrial engineering.It is stg which focuses on the practical side of manufacturing like reducing inventories,wastageetc.Heard it is in demand and jobs in it are reasonably good.Would it be better if after working for two years i applied to this and with my work experience i might improve my chances of landing a job,after the masters.?In the mean time i will give cat my best shot ,be noticdd in my work place etc.

regards
prashanth

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

I think it is better to go for CAT
Because jobs in US are getting winded up

Kalyan

hey raghava,
i think u shud first set u'r priorities... what r u interested in doing?? MS or an MBA??

yep, everything depends on the answer to this question. Technical side or Management? I guess its not a tough choice...

If you decide on CAT, don't even worry a shingle abt 88 percent last year. You can easily smash it this year, if you put the efforts. Seriously, there are more people than you think would exist who've taken a giant leap from 70 odd percentiles to 99's. Its all in the effort. ATB!! 😃

hey raghava,
i think u shud first set u'r priorities... what r u interested in doing?? MS or an MBA??

Hi guys
i am new to this place and this is this is my first forum.
I am in a dilemna.I am a mechanical engr,from Osmania university,Hyderabad.I worked hard for GRE aqnd got 1540 of 1600 and secured admission in one top notch college -university of southern california(USC),one ok to go one- university of kentucky.However i got no aid in the former but patrial fee waiver in the latter.I have also been placed in TCS.USC ahs outright said no aid to masters .forget it here also ie after coming here.i cant afford it-15 lakhs for the masters.
Should i join the job work for two years write cat in the mean time and see if things work out and then if not re apply and go?or should i join kentucky?i am not sure of cat.i got only 88%.of course i didnt prepare seriously.
any advice is welcome
regards
Prashanth