MS in US

43 Posts  ·  346 Users
About this group
hey guyz plz guide ... i have done my graducation (B.Sc in IT) from kc college , mumbai university and having 15yrs of education. i am planning to do MS from USA but my 15yrs of education z creating prob in tha.. so i do PGDIT (post graducate dipl...
Page 1 of 5

Wondering about the job scenario at the US for Master's candidates? Wanna get some clarity on the current system and the changes in H1B Visa? Read the blog post - https://karaikudikaran.com/career/demystifying-the-job-scenario-at-us-for-masters-students/

Hope, you guys find it useful. Cheers!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All,

I am completely new to this group and new to this domain(MS) as well. Currently, I am working in Bank Of America as Senior Software Engineer with 4 years of work experience. I would like to pursue masters either exec MBA in India or MS in the USA. I am utterly confused because of the following 2 reason.

1) For Exec MBA, I can carry on with my job and complete masters which is good from job security perspective.

2) For MS, I have to leave job and go abraod. The risk factor is there and I am not sure about the job scenario in US.

So, can you guys please help me in deciding if the second option is worth taking the risk of leaving a good job with moderate package and what about the job scenario in the USA?

Thanks in Advance,

Ankit

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have gre magoosh account if anyone interested can ping me to my what's app number 9603961642 and validity is upto December

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi, I have done my bachelors in Information Technology with 71% , 12th - 79.7%, 10th - 81.6%. I have 3.4 years of IT experience, GRE  281, IELTS 6.5. I'M looking for masters programme in Computer Science. Can anyone please guide me good universities for my scores and experience. Thank You.

2 comments
ABatExperts
@ABatExperts  ·  25 karma

Hi @sunnyssk ,

Thanks for your query.

Quite frankly, your GRE score is quite low and getting into a decent Computer Science program with the same is extremely difficult. You may not even make it to the cut-offs of most schools let alone a good one. The same applies for your IELTS score as well. Most schools require at least a 7 or a 7.5 and it is recommended that your retake the IELTS as well.

At this point, it is strongly recommended that you focus on retaking the GRE and aim for something upwards of at least a 304. That really would be the bare minimum.

All the best!

Experts’ Global

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
sunnyssk
@sunnyssk  ·  0 karma

Hi , I got admissions in Univ of Detroit Mercy, Illinois state univ and univ of central missouri. I couldn't make up with the visa interview properly, that was the major issue.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

What are my job prospects after studying my MS in the USA?

Our Twitter Q&A Session on 02/03/16 will clear all your doubts!

Twitter handle: @AvanseEduLoan

Get your Education Loan here: http://bit.ly/1J9vsSJ

‪#‎AspireWithAvanse‬

Attend the Q&A session on Twitter.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello, please need guidance with my profile for MS in usa for engineering management or mechanical engineering. gre- 281, ielts - 6, acads - 58%, work experience 4 yrs worked as CAE analyst. Would really appreciate your inputs on the universities I can apply for admission

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
divija.nexono
@divija.nexono  ·  0 karma

Hi, Pls mail me your details. We can discuss in detail about your eligibility, interested courses and possible universities (best of choice)

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Avanse_Loans
@Avanse_Loans  ·  0 karma

@rohising - Please attend the Avanse Twitter Q&A session about MS in USA on 2nd March 5pm IST. Our expert Mr. Nilanjan will answer to all your queries. Follow us on @AvanseEduLoan. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi guys my name is yashwanth....

I'm new to this forum and had seen many posts relating to MS... great job guys... every one helping each other...

Guys I'm in big confusion about which university to pick in U.S.

I am applying for spring 2016.

my profile:B.Tech-57,GRE-272,IELTS-6.

I'm taking my gre 2nd attempt within 1 week and as soon as score apper I start applying to univ's. Guys I don't have relatives there. so please suggest me some good univ's for my present profile and after 2nd attempt if I get 280+,290+ then which univ's should I apply?

Kindly requesting guys please help me soon... thanx in advance.

4 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 4
rohising
@rohising  ·  0 karma

i have a similar case my major is engineering mgmt or mechanical engineering...please guide me

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Avanse_Loans
@Avanse_Loans  ·  0 karma
@yash45 - 

Please attend the Avanse Twitter Q&A session about MS in USA on 2nd March 5pm IST. Our expert Mr. Nilanjan will answer to all your queries. Follow us on @AvanseEduLoan. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Friends,

Please suggest the appropriate universities where i should apply to make most of my profile:-

I am seeking admission in masters in business analytics like courses. I want to work as consultant or business analyst in strategy function.

Btech: NIT kurukshetra

GMAT(expected): 690 to 740

work ex: 4 years, Siemens ltd

profile :civil engineer

Extra curricular: Football, basketball player,

-represented siemens in soccer cup held in germany

- part time worked at NGO for 1 year

And please provide any info on work visa availability after the course

The best way is always through.
1 comment
ThePrincetonReview
@ThePrincetonReview  ·  598 karma
@bansal3s

Hi Bing, How you doin?

The following universities can be considered for applying:

Georgia institute of technology : MS in Business Analytics
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute: MS in Business Analytics
University of Southern California: MS in Business Analytics
Kelly School of Business: MBA
Purdue University: MBA

After the course you can apply for OPT.

For the purposes of OPT, "part-time" work refers to work that is at most 20 hours/week. The term "full-time" could be used either in the sense of "more than part-time" (i.e., more than 20 hours/week) or in the sense of 40 hours/week or more.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello, 

Please evaluate my profile as under: 

10th: 92.6%

12th: 89.6%

Graduation: 7.78 CGPA

Qualification: B.Tech. , Computer Engg from NIT Jaipur

Work-experience: 3+ years by the time  September '16 fall batches start. Worked in tech consulting role with Deloitte and currently in Microsoft with similar work profile.

GMAT (yet to take). Expected score: 680-730

TOEFL(yet to take). Expected score: 100+

Institutes I am targetting: HEC Paris , NUS Singapore, HKUST, Booth,Northwestern University, ISB Hyderabad, SPJIMR.

Preferable domain: Marketing (brand management) / Strategy Consulting (IT) 

Financial Condition: Seek loan/ scholarship from schools. Intending to stay abroad for 4-5 years at least.

Please let me know how my profile looks like, and what are the things that I need to take care of, the schools that I should consider etc. I have been preparing for GMAT for over a month now, and would be taking the test by end of August '15.

1 comment
ThePrincetonReview

@cooljishi

Hi, your profile seems to be good dear. But would like to bring to your notice that NUS, NTU, Booth and HEC Paris will be bit competitive as they generally accept applications with 5 years of experience on an average. I would rather suggest you to go for a 2 year program and apply to B-schools like Wisconsin Madision, Kelley etc.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi guys,

I have completed my B.Sc.I.T. Working as software developer and 

having 5 yrs of technical experience. I intend to go for MS in Computer science. Is that gonna worth for my career growth?

Please mention the top colleges for MS in Comp Science in India as well as Abroad.

Please reply.

Thanks & Regards,

Manoj

11 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 11
Manojp24
@Manojp24  ·  0 karma

@ThePrincetonReview  dude, also mention MS course colleges in india if u knw any..! thnxx

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
ThePrincetonReview
@Manojp24

Hi Manoj, there are options available in this case as well. But yes you will have limited options and Australia accepts 15 years therefore you can apply to this country.

http://www.manyagroup.com/

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...