MS Accounts - doubts

4 Posts  ·  18 Users
About this group
Hi, I have applied to some US universities for the MS Accounts program. However, due to the fact that my education has been mostly been via correspondence *coz of medical reasons, mentioned briefly in some of the application essays* I am not ...
Page 1 of 1

Hmmm how do u delete messages!

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Thanks for writing back :)

Hmmm I agree on the point of U.S. universities being safer in term of job prospects, thats why I chose them in the first place. But I belong to the pool of those 3 year B com people and thanks to sheer stupidity, I, after completing my B.com enrolled in a PGDBA program which is offered by an insittute (I couldn't stomach the idea of studying DU's M.com), and hence most universities dont take it as equivilant to a 4 yr bachelors thing :(

I have applied to OSU, MSU, Indiana, Cox and Denver.

Now I am wondering whether to target a few 3 tier US B schools, or to go for Australian schools. Any opinions?

P.S. What program are you targetting? If you don't mind my asking.

As long as you`ve done a recognized univ degree, i dont think doing a correspondance should be a very big hurdle, and that too when you have legitimate reasons like medical issues etc. in fact, you could have, or maybe you did, painted a picture like how despite your medical harships you continued to study from home etc. with excellent acads, gmat and internships, i dont think u need to worry so much, the admits might be on their way i feel. correspondance could have been a lil bit of a stumbling block, but i think u`ve taken good care of it thru gmat, gpa, internship etc. chill.

admission to aus, UK might be relatively easier as compared to US, but finding jobs there can be very tricky. if you`re open to returning to india post MS, go ahead. but if you`re very particular abt working abroad, then select only the top univs from uk, aus. US is a relatively safe bet.

mind telling us which are the 5 univs u`ve applied for accounting?

Hi,

I have applied to some US universities for the MS Accounts program. However, due to the fact that my education has been mostly been via correspondence *coz of medical reasons, mentioned briefly in some of the application essays* I am not very confident of getting admits. I have excellent acads so far (univ rank holder etc.) good GMAT, some internship/training experience. Can anyone give me any idea on how big a detterent this correspondence education would be to my application.

I am also thinking of applying to a couple more schools. I have applied to 5 so far. I was wondering if anyone here can shed light on admission and post graduate job opportunities in Australia and UK, when compared to the US. The Schools I am considering are Monash and Glasgow. Should I consider applying there, or just keep my fingers crossed for my 5 to send their decisions?

Thanks a lot.

Sky :)

P.S. Wellllll the forum does say MBA but I don't know where else I could have posted this!