Mit sdm

25 Posts  ·  11 Users
About this group
Hi, Do we have any applicants to MIT SDM Program? I remember seeing quite a few admits in last years' thread, but couldn't find any relevant threads this year. Since the recommended last day for international applicants was 13-July and ...
Page 1 of 3

Are you all talking about the full-time admission or the part-time on-campus one ?

I am having 4.7 years WE in IT Services ,and am currently working in Boston. I am more interested in part-time on-campus option , but considering my credentials (GMAT-680 ; TOEFL-107 ibT; 8.28 CGPA or corresponding 3.75/4 US GPA from India) , do you think I have any chance of getting through (it seems most admitted candidates have 10+ years of WE)? Should I submit my application this year or wait for next year ?

Thanks,
Subha
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Congratulations... what is your profile? Are you in Boston now?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I got the offer.Any body joining January session?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Loan/Scholarship: SDM does not typically assist in loan but do provide $7500 worth of scholarships to all the international self-sponsored students. Check admissions for details.

Placements/Employment: Most of the SDMers end up finding six figure jobs post graduation (I guess the average is around $110K). However, job search is not easy in any course in the US and students need to ensure they are prepared and put enough time in recruitment. I am current 13 months on-campus student, graduating in next couple of months and already have couple of good offers, so if you are ready and prepared you will be all set but if you're not then don't blame the program. SDM will give you enough opportunities, it is up to the student to grab them. That's how most of the top international business programs work.

HTH
1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I got interview call without IELTS or TOEFL. I am working in USA for last 5 years.May be this is the reason I was considered.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,
thank you for all the answers! This forum is very informative.. Just to know, I checked the sdm website and I saw no mention to schoolarships or loan.. did I miss anything?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have received the admission offer. I will be joining in Spring 2012. I have got to know a lot through this forum (got to know two other fellows who have received admission offer in 2012 as well) . I have posted about my interview in the earlier post.

The program sounds very exciting. As I am knowing this better, I believe they have good placement record (from the employment report). I am yet to talk with someone in person who has finished the program and received an employment. I have searched online and looks like graduated fellows are well placed.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi,
I was interested to know:
1) is this program mostly for people in advanced career (working for big companies in top position) or even for people in mid career? (working for small-medium companies, mid-career position)

This program is for the mid career professionals (mostly engineers having 10 years experience) who are seeking leadership roles in engineering/technology field. Whether you're working in a small or large firm doesn't matter, important is to have a clear career goal.

2) why do only accept IELTS? isn't TOEFL IBT similar?

Thank you

I can't comment on this, better to get it confirmed from the admissions
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,
I was interested to know:
1) is this program mostly for people in advanced career (working for big companies in top position) or even for people in mid career? (working for small-medium companies, mid-career position)
2) why do only accept IELTS? isn't TOEFL IBT similar?

Thank you

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Folks, I'm current SDM 2011 student, let me know if you guys have any specific queries. I'm happy to help.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...