Minimum work experience required for GMAT.

39 Posts  ·  74 Users
About this group
Hi I am new to GMAT.Can someone please tell me that what is the minimum work experience that is required to get into good B school through GMAT.
Page 1 of 4

Hi,

I had an work experience of 3.5 yrs in IT industry till date and i am aiming for good b-schools and isb in india. i had an 1 year gap b/w my 12th and b.tech as i tried for iit jee . my 10th percentage is 84.2% and 12th is 87.5% and b.tech percentage is 75.2%. Is my education percentages and 1 year gap will have any impact if i get a good score around 700?😁

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Hi,My profile details are : 10th: 77%12th: 59.2%Engineering : 7.7 cgpa.Work ex of 40 months as a IT professional in an MNC.What are my chances of getting into ISB or any other top B schools with a decent GMAT score?

Hi,

My profile details are :

10th: 83%
12th: 94.4%
Engineering : 76.3%

Work ex of 30 months as a IT professional in an MNC.

What are my chances of getting into ISB( priority 1) or any other top B schools with a decent GMAT score?

Thanks for the reply.

1 comment

Hello everyone,

My profile:10th :90%,12th:87.6%,cgpa-7.02,Work ex-32 months,currently working in a financial trading firm.Please suggest target score for ISB.

Hello every1

My profile :
10th : 86
12th : 70
Btech Chemical :8.69/10
Work Ex in Refinery, 32 months Essar Oil Ltd

Please suggest target score and also colleges to apply for and various certifications that ma be required.

Best Wishes and Thanks in advance

Didnt fell down to stay, I have to stand back not for one last time, but every time.....
4 comments

@piyush2013

My Profile is-

10th-78.50

12th-74.50

Btech-66.12

Work Ex- 32 months in Tech Mahindra as Senior Software Engineer

How much GMAT score according to my profile is required to get into top B Schools around the world and list a few of them..?

Hi Piyush, try to land at least 650, although it depends on the school and what minimum score is required, therefore it is advisable to check separately. What course are you looking for?

Frankfurt School of Finance & Management http://www.frankfurt-school.de/content/de
1 comment
My Profile is-

10th-78.50

12th-74.50

Btech-66.12

Work Ex- 32 months in Tech Mahindra as Senior Software Engineer

How much GMAT score according to my profile is required to get into top B Schools around the world and list a few of them..?

Samay aane pe bahut kuch likhunga...
1 comment
@kselvaraj sir,
Small clarification.
My profile
10th - 81.83
12th - 90.1
UG - 6.89/10 (After scaling down my CG in mba.com it gives 1.9/4. That just worries me. )
Target July 2015
Have 30 months of IT exp till date. Also a co founder of a Society which supports children financially.
Would my UG score affect my way to good b school?
1 comment

Hello everyone, My name is Dikshit

Total work experience - 3.5 years ( till now )
Operations - fmcg division ( ITC, Britannia Industries )
CGPA 7.8 in B.tech Chemical engineering
12th 84 %
10th 93 %
Am targeting around 710 in GMAT.

Please suggest added certification required or some other data needed for admission into a good B school with scholarship.
3 comments

@Manishkt

Hello sir, I have done my graduation in Nautical Science from Mumbai University. Currently I am working with NYK line as an merchant navy officer with 2 years of experience.I have secured 78% in 10th, 63 % in 12th and 80% in university exams.With my present profile and good GMAT score do I have a chance to get a good MBA college for Operations. How much do you think my 12 % is going to affect my chances of getting good MBA college.Thanks in advance.

@Manishkt - Your Class 12 score is 'almost' immaterial if you're applying to b-schools in the West, especially US. What matters is good work experience, GMAT score and an overall competitive profile. Best wishes.

www.facebook.com/kselvaraj.page
5 comments