MiM or MBA

2 Posts  ·  2 Users
About this group
Hi, I am a software developer with leading software company for around 2.5 years now. I am planning to go for higher studies now, and wanted to join academics in the management (doing phd or DBA). So, would MBA be the right choice, if i wan...
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I am a software developer with leading software company for around 2.5 years now.
I am planning to go for higher studies now, and wanted to join academics in the management (doing phd or DBA). So, would MBA be the right choice, if i wanted to join academics and not corporate.

The option is Master in management, mostly Msc in management in European nations, but the students joining in such programs have no work experience.
Would it be right decision to go with suc program.

kindly let me know of ur views.

Thanks in advance.

All of my professors at the Indian School of Business (nearly half of whom were from schools like Wharton, Kellogg, London Business School etc.) where PhD. holders and 99% of them had MBA degrees. I dont remember seeing anyone having a Masters in Management degree.

You would heading in the right way with an MBA as opposed to an MiM degree.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Roshan
ISB CO 2011 | Upgrade your life | www.bettermentacademy.com
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

I am a software developer with leading software company for around 2.5 years now.
I am planning to go for higher studies now, and wanted to join academics in the management (doing phd or DBA). So, would MBA be the right choice, if i wanted to join academics and not corporate.

The option is Master in management, mostly Msc in management in European nations, but the students joining in such programs have no work experience.
Would it be right decision to go with suc program.

kindly let me know of ur views.

Thanks in advance.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...