MICA Ahmedabad | MICAT | MICA MBA Admission - PaGaLGuY

1,664 Posts  ·  4,295 Users
About this group

Join the official discussion forum of MICA Ahmedabad on MICAT Exam and Get all the details about MICAT Registration, MICAT Admit Card, MICAT Exam Date, MICAT Result, MICAT Cut off, MICA MBA, MICA MBA Admissions and much more...

Page 1 of 167

Have MICA's online classes started already? 

1 comment
Madly_Ridhzy
@Madly_Ridhzy  ·  179 karma

@g.sh yes

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

MICA Waitlist 40 after 20th July list. Any chances?

Yes
No
16 answers
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.

MICA waitlist 35. Chance of conversion? (for a friend)

YES
NO
1 comment38 answers

Few job offers of MICA students from 2020 batch were revoked/withdrawn then why is MICA claiming 100% placements.

Found these posts on Linkedin and I am sure there will be more. These posts are a few weeks old and even now most of them haven't secured a job. Not sure if the college is helping them anyhow or they are on their own? IIM's are contacting more companies etc for students whose offers were revoked, why isn't MICA doing the same.

I am SCARED now to do an MBA from MICA. How will we pay the huge 21 lakhs fees and loans if we do not secure a placement. MICA might be excellent for gaining knowledge but the job scenario doesn't look good right now. 

Post 81373789949619
4 likes13 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 13
Ajaypatel111
@Ajaypatel111  ·  5 karma
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Grad2021
@Grad2021  ·  1 karma

It is not only MICAns that have lost their jobs, I have seen similar posts from IIMA grads this year. In fact not just that, I know a guy personally who went to IIT Madras, worked at Uber for 2 years, went to IIM B (18-20) and now his offer has been revoked. Does this mean IIM B is bad? Does this mean that that person is not skilled? No and NO. One thing people need to realise is, colleges can only do what is in their power. They cannot force companies that have lost close to 50% of their business in less than a quarter to honor jobs. 

Also we should know that there are easily 10 to 15 people even from institutes like IIM A,B,C FMS etc. who do not get placed. Which, is not the fault of the institute, the people who generally do not get placed are the bottom 5% of the batch. They just do not have the required skills to get placed.

Talking about how are 100% placement reports generated. So, thease people who do not get placed are then asked to opt out of the placement process officially, so that the report looks good. Not the best practice, but well that is what marketing is.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Which will be better

Nitie mumbai
IIFT D
MICA ahmedabad
3 comments74 answers

Guys what are your opinions regarding TAPMI ? Is it worth joining? Or should it be avoided?Please comment. 

1 comment
hellohiii
@hellohiii  ·  43 karma

If you can repeat then go for CAT 2020

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Will the entire first sem go online in MICA?

YES
NO
52 answers

Hello,

My waitlist number for MICA PGDM-C is 11 and for PGDM is 12 after the waitlist released on 30 June. What are my chances of converting MICA...and for which course?

6 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 6
sanyagoel
@sanyagoel  ·  1 karma

@Chand1512 The next list will come out on 10 July.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
tusharsatya
@tusharsatya  ·  4 karma

@sanyagoel Can you please share your CAT-19 percentile...

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

IS IT STILL WISE TO DO MBA THIS YEAR? There is a huge possibility the ENTIRE FIRST YEAR will be ONLINE. 

College definitely cannot take risk if even 1 student is Covid positive so most probably it wont start face to face classes anytime soon.

Summer internships/Placements also can go for a toss since as we saw a lot of companies withdrew their offers and students had to resort to LinkedIn for job offers.

Is it worth spending 18-20 lakhs and joining a Tier 2 institute like MICA/IMT. Should we attempt again and join next year? Maybe that attempt leads to even better college like IIM/XLRI.

Yes
No
Poll Check
1 like3 comments30 answers

After today's updation, my waitlist number is 24. What are my chances of conversion?

Nil
You'll convert
2 comments22 answers