MICA 2012 GE/PI Call-getters

350 Posts  ·  127 Users
About this group
Hello, Congratulations to all the call-getters. (MICA GE/PI 2012) Please use this thread for discussion on MICA's GE/PI process. We, Team Interface (The Media and PR Wing of MICA), are there to guide you on the process. Thanks ...
Page 1 of 35

Hi Puys,

I am giving CAT2012 and intrested in MICA, in which month MICA give notification about admission and test(MICAT)

Thanks and Regards,

Another

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I'm an engineering grad and m very much interested in getting into MICA. I'm planning to take CAT this year. I've been offered a kinda offer in an Ad agency as jr. copy writer. Should i go for it? Like will it be of any use for me in my preparations or should i jus sit back n concentrate on cracking CAT?
I'm seriously confused what to do..!!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

congrats for making it!
am an aspirant...plz tell me what is the safe score that i shud score in CAT(overll and sectionals) to have a safe chance of final call considering the GDPI doesnt go well (just assuming that the worst case)..

THanks

WhY sO sErIoUss?! :D
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hey am in St. Xaviers college kolkata... Pursuing BBA Honours n i wish to join MICA in future... Currently am in 2nd year... I wanted to know what kind of preparations should i do???
Should i start preparing now??

Decent CAT score, creative thinking and knowledge of what you wanna do and why you wanna do will get you through I believe. Be aware of the brands around you and have an opinion about them.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey am in St. Xaviers college kolkata... Pursuing BBA Honours n i wish to join MICA in future... Currently am in 2nd year... I wanted to know what kind of preparations should i do???
Should i start preparing now??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi,

On the contrary to non-communication background students, I've done my Viscom and have 2 years servicing exp in two of Ind's top agencies. I want to get into planning, and I believe that the best way to do it is by studying at MICA.

I'm extremely skeptical about CAT.. I've just quit my job to start studying despite the fact that I was doing really well at work.

What's MICA's criteria for choosing students? I know that you guys don't consider work exp.. What's the CAT cutoff? What's MICAT all about?

Do reply.

Thanks.

---

MaybeIcandoit

Hey,

This year MICA had a three step process CAT + MICAT + GE/PI

Everyone who gave CAT was allowed to give MICAT and on the basis of both scores students were shortlisted for final GE/PI round.

This might or might not change this year. Also MICA does not disclose the cutoffs of CAT and MICAT as an administration policy.

MICAT had 4 sections, creative thinking, gk, written communication and psychometric section. Quant and Verbal scores were taken from CAT exam.

Hope this helps.

All the best.

Regards,

Team Interface
The Media and PR Wing of MICA
MICA: Official Discussion Page on Facebook
Like us to know more about what goes inside
Team Interface -  The Brand Management and PR wing of MICA  https://www.facebook.com/MICA.Ahmedabad
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hey,

As long as you can justify yourself in the interview about the career switch the panelists will be more than happy to have you on board. FYI, we have a dentist in the current batch. So you have equal chances as anyone else.

Regards,

Team Interface
MICA Official Discussion Page on Facebook

Hi,

On the contrary to non-communication background students, I've done my Viscom and have 2 years servicing exp in two of Ind's top agencies. I want to get into planning, and I believe that the best way to do it is by studying at MICA.

I'm extremely skeptical about CAT.. I've just quit my job to start studying despite the fact that I was doing really well at work.

What's MICA's criteria for choosing students? I know that you guys don't consider work exp.. What's the CAT cutoff? What's MICAT all about?

Do reply.

Thanks.

---

MaybeIcandoit
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
so someone here has a score lesser than mine !!! no offence buddy... but m kinda relieved 😉 .... i guess u did rock MICAT....n tht too BIG TIME !!!

well done... n ATB... cheers...:cheers:

How much did you score Priyansh..?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Seniors,

Could you plz tell me the total fee structure (including hostel) of MICA for 2 year program.

Thanks,
Samir

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello Everyone,

We hope you enjoyed the GE/PI process and the way it was conducted. We are sure coming all the way to MICA was worth your time. We wish all the best to people who've been waitlisted. We are waiting for PGP-19 on campus soon. Enjoy the civilization till then.

Regards,

Team Interface
MICA: Official Discussion Page on Facebook
Like us to know more about what goes inside

Team Interface -  The Brand Management and PR wing of MICA  https://www.facebook.com/MICA.Ahmedabad
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...