MDI PGPHR:Batch of 2009-11

41 Posts  ·  18 Users
About this group
Finally, a dedicated MDI HR thread where all those who have converted or are looking forward to convert their calls can shoot their PGPHR specific queries and interact with seniors. Furnishing introductions and current admission status is encourag...
Page 1 of 5

Can anybody tell about the waitlist movement in HR....

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

.I have a few friends in XLRI PMIR who told me that apart from Core HR profiles, a lot of general management profiles are also offered to PMIR students. You can be eligible for such profiles by doing non-credit courses. I would like to know if such general management profiles are also offered in MDI. Non-HR companies which recruited HR graduates in 2008 like Bharti, Glenmark, Tata Sons, Tata Steel, ICICI, ITC, Reliance ADAG, Pepsi etc, do they offer general management or HR roles? Also I was told that to get core HR profiles, you require pre-MBA HR work profiles, so with a non-HR work profile can I get into Core HR? Or would be the same story of trying to get into an I-Bank with IT experience?

core HR profiles were offered by the companies
however there were a few who offered marketing profiles as well
but those were exceptional cases and depends on case to case and certainy not to be taken as granted .

2.I went through the brochure and it said that the PGPM course is AICTE accredited. Is the PGPHR course also accredited by AICTE?

yes it is also accredited by AICTE

3.Last year how many boys from PGPHR were offered campus hostel and how many in IDPL (as all the girls are offered the campus hostel, and the number of girls in HR would be much higher than the other two programs).
since the strength varies , hostel is allotted on proportionate basis . last year more that 50 % of boys were give change masters , this year however equation might be a bit different as the seniors earlier in iDPL will be shifting to changemasters this year

4. There has been quite a bit of talk about exchange programs for PGPM and PGIM, but I am just curious if there is any exchange program for PGHR. Nothing of this sort is mentioned in the brochure either. Now, I do know that the HR course had started only in 2004, but considering the very popular exchange programs for the other two courses, I would like to know whether PGHR also has some similar exchange programs.
yes , PGHR also has similar exchange program , this year also 13 of my batch mates have exchange offers with them .

5. Also I would like to know how many students were placed in consulting profiles as opposed to (cost cutting/support function) profiles last year out of the total batch of 60 of PGHR. The website says 20%, which means 12 out of a batch of 60. I am really surprised to find such a low number, because from what I have been able to gather, consulting firms are the first choice for most students. Is it because the number of offers from consulting firms are low or because very few HR mandevians prefer consulting profiles?

The reason is that I am specifically inclined towards revenue generation profile as opposed to a support function profile in HR. Therefore if you could give any additional information of the requirements of HR consulting profiles, e.g., a certain minimum CGPA, or a minimum previous graduation academic score, etc. that would be great.

6.Lastly, it is a little unnerving to not see the 2009 placement report of MDI even though all IIMs, XLRI, IIFT and other comparable B-schools have all released their placement report. As much as I am confident that the situations two years hence would be much different, it is adversity that reveals the toughness, isn't it? The keyword is 'reveals'

sorry i can not answer 5, 6 as the official figures have not been released by the placecom as yet , for these queries , for the time being please refer to what archana and priyanka have referred in the previous posts
as far as the CGPA grind goes , its a wild rat race out here as it is all relative grading , you will get the wind of hat once u join MDI , don worry the college wont let you down as far as the GRIND goes , atleast in PGHR

hope i have answered ur queries

regards amit

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi, I just had some questions, so the mail.

1.I have a few friends in XLRI PMIR who told me that apart from Core HR profiles, a lot of general management profiles are also offered to PMIR students. You can be eligible for such profiles by doing non-credit courses. I would like to know if such general management profiles are also offered in MDI. Non-HR companies which recruited HR graduates in 2008 like Bharti, Glenmark, Tata Sons, Tata Steel, ICICI, ITC, Reliance ADAG, Pepsi etc, do they offer general management or HR roles? Also I was told that to get core HR profiles, you require pre-MBA HR work profiles, so with a non-HR work profile can I get into Core HR? Or would be the same story of trying to get into an I-Bank with IT experience?

2.I went through the brochure and it said that the PGPM course is AICTE accredited. Is the PGPHR course also accredited by AICTE?

3.Last year how many boys from PGPHR were offered campus hostel and how many in IDPL (as all the girls are offered the campus hostel, and the number of girls in HR would be much higher than the other two programs).:splat:

4. There has been quite a bit of talk about exchange programs for PGPM and PGIM, but I am just curious if there is any exchange program for PGHR. Nothing of this sort is mentioned in the brochure either. Now, I do know that the HR course had started only in 2004, but considering the very popular exchange programs for the other two courses, I would like to know whether PGHR also has some similar exchange programs.

5. Also I would like to know how many students were placed in consulting profiles as opposed to (cost cutting/support function) profiles last year out of the total batch of 60 of PGHR. The website says 20%, which means 12 out of a batch of 60. I am really surprised to find such a low number, because from what I have been able to gather, consulting firms are the first choice for most students. Is it because the number of offers from consulting firms are low or because very few HR mandevians prefer consulting profiles? :w00t:

The reason is that I am specifically inclined towards revenue generation profile as opposed to a support function profile in HR. Therefore if you could give any additional information of the requirements of HR consulting profiles, e.g., a certain minimum CGPA, or a minimum previous graduation academic score, etc. that would be great. :-P

6.Lastly, it is a little unnerving to not see the 2009 placement report of MDI even though all IIMs, XLRI, IIFT and other comparable B-schools have all released their placement report. As much as I am confident that the situations two years hence would be much different, it is adversity that reveals the toughness, isnt it? The keyword is reveals

And I really do appreciate this initiative.

I can appreciate that you would be busy with your schedule, and had already spend some time reading this rather long post.(One of your PGPM batchmates actually said that PGPM students have more relaxed schedule compared to PGHR :-)) Do get back to me when you are free.

Looking forward to Ecclisia! :

Change Master Batch 2011

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello Puys,

Coming straight to your question.....

1) What sort of profiles have been offered to PGP-HR students during Summers and Finals this year?

A) See this is a question that we really cannot answer...braodly there are two types...Industrial Relations and Corporate HR...now IR comes into the picture when there are manufacturing firms involved.....other companies like IT, Banks and others have Corporate HR. I guess you can google these terms and see the definitions about the same. So this year too depending on the companies that have taken interns from here, have given projects depending on their requirements

2) At the cost of being cliched, I would like to know about the placement scenario - highest and approx average package for HR? ( Asking out of curiosity although the reply to this question would not influence my decision )

A) Don bother to sound cliched...it is but obvious that we are bothered when we invest so much....but truthfully speaking all i can tell you is that the packages are decent and comparable to other institutes which offer HR as a specialization. I am not trying to hide any figures here but I am not the authority to discuss the salary packages and therefore do not wish to let out figures that i am not sure of...All i can tell you is people in my batch and our seniors got good internships and we are sure to get decent jobs when our turn comes....good to know that these things are not going to deter your decision.....just believe in yourself and believe in the field that you are going to study and beyond that there is no need to worry

3) I have a 3+ non-HR experience. Will that go against me during final placements? I had this doubt coz I checked the profile of current students - hardly anyone from HR has 3+ experience. Any specific reasons for the same?
A) See there is no rule that people with 3+ experience are not considered by the companies...it is just that this trend has been observed as we all know that people who have worked are less flexible than the fresh lot that comes out of college ( no offense intended...) so all you need to display in your interviews is that you have a learning and curious mind....you are flexible and eager to learn new things...non HR experience is no problem...they are looking for people who have an organizational sense...and after all you are coming here to develop a functional sense so MDI will take care of that.......so don worry too much

I guess I have answered all your questions...keep the questions flowing in.....

Cheers
Archana

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Seniors..
Please let us know the waitlist movement for PGPHR Last year. 40 buffer calls are given and my waitlist number is 13. So, taking these into account, can you plz let me know abt my chances.

Hi all,

Let me give you exact data on waitlist movements last year.
last year 80 or 90 provisional offers were made and waitlist was cleared upto 105, total seats being 60 last year as well.
So going by last year's stats waitlist # 13 should get clear.
All those who have doubts about extra provisional offers do not worry, the waitlist would surely move.

Also, I had posted a few queries earlier in MDI results thread but poor post was gathering dust in a mammoth pile of PGPM related queries ! So posting the relevant ones again.Please reply !

1) What sort of profiles have been offered to PGP-HR students during Summers and Finals this year?

the HR profiles or roles are very broadly divided in to following main heads

1. Corporate HR
    HR Consulting
  2. IR

Corporate HR involves projects on HR sub-functions like Learning & dvpt, Compensation Benefits, Performance Management whereas IR is your plant HR labour law n Industrial jurisprudence related projects.

2) At the cost of being cliched, I would like to know about the placement scenario - highest and approx average package for HR? ( Asking out of curiosity although the reply to this question would not influence my decision ).

The exact figures are not yet released by placement committee so I can't tell you the exact figures now whatever is being published in media u can check that.

3) I have a 3+ non-HR experience. Will that go against me during final placements? I had this doubt coz I checked the profile of current students - hardly anyone from HR has 3+ experience. Any specific reasons for the same?

If you check PGHR08 profiles, there are people in the batch who have 2-3 years of experience from various organizations and sectors be it IT, Consulting or manufacturing.They are all interning in nice companies.It doesn't affect your placements till the time you are able to justify your reasons for pursuing the course.
Same was the case for PGHR07 batch as well.

keep pouring in your queries..
All the best !!

Priyanka Agrawal
MDI,Gurgaon
PGHR08-10
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi

If it helps (to Waitlisted candidates), I converted MBA-HR but not joining. Prefer staying in Literature in these dark, troubled, recession-infested times.
At least its pretty cozy and cheap there :D

Luck!

SAK.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

seniors if u cud shed some light on the placements (both summer & final )for hr.....i have found on orkut that some seniors have failed to get on-campus placements...with classes coming to an end they r trying for off-campus....and there's disturbing rumors coming thru that mdi placements have taken an unnatural hit....this post-

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-and-related-discussion/39238-mdi-final-results-2009-11-a-60.html#post1511818

seems to suggest that there r some mgmt problems as well in the college...cud u clarify plz?....why is the report still not coming out?...even non-iim b-schools of mdi's stature like iift,xl,spj have come out with their final placement reports....

swatijasoria Says
i hv done dat!!

welcome to the forum!....plz don't spam....there was no need for this post of yours or the one before that...the mods on this forum are very strict and they take such matters seriously....
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
SUPER XERO Says
U can PM me ur GTALK id and i can clear ur queries thr.... Otherwise we'll get banned for SPAMMING

i hv done dat!!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
swatijasoria Says
do u hv ny idea till whn will d waiting list gets clear??

U can PM me ur GTALK id and i can clear ur queries thr.... Otherwise we'll get banned for SPAMMING
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...