mdi now or iims/gmat next year!!!

8 Posts  ·  7 Users
About this group
hi friends, me with 1 year workex+engineer. got thru mdi this year. shd i join mdi this year or prepare for iim a/b/c next year. what difference does a/b/c make to the career apart from brand name, both in short term and long term? Also what ...
Page 1 of 1

hey there..

mdi is a really good b skool...but there is nothing compared to the iims
the question is how much of a risk you are willing to take... with cat patterns changing every year .. you never know what will happen.. but with more work ex.. your chances of getting thru the iims always increases

i am a fresher.. got thru spjain this time.. but i am leaving it to try for the iims again..
i have got a job in oracle... i took a risk and i hope it pays off...

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
hi friends,

me with 1 year workex+engineer. got thru mdi this year. shd i join mdi this year or prepare for iim a/b/c next year. what difference does a/b/c make to the career apart from brand name, both in short term and long term? Also what r the prospects of doing mba abroad. thanks for ur help :)

1st of all ,CONGRATS.go 2 mdi.U donno wat will happen next yr.Also,mdi is a damn good b-school.

one must go to iim I and K to know what facilities they have....
though this does not take anything away from mdi
and yaa nobody denies a b c might as well be better than mdi ...but that wise being manmohan singh is better than going to a b c as well(or sonia :))

u gotta decide from the best u have in hand and buddy ,i remeber having heard one thing ....bird in hand is better than 2 in the bush

best of luck aneways

catbitten Says
boss...go to mdi ...its already one among the top ten schools in the country..the only thing u miss by doing mba at mdi and not at iim's is the iim tag attached to ur profile,which eventually will not hav any bearing a couple of years after ur into corporate world(thr ur performance matters)...and u will get facilities on par with iim's at mdi(probably bettr facilities than iim-k and i)

boss...go to mdi ...its already one among the top ten schools in the country..the only thing u miss by doing mba at mdi and not at iim's is the iim tag attached to ur profile,which eventually will not hav any bearing a couple of years after ur into corporate world(thr ur performance matters)...and u will get facilities on par with iim's at mdi(probably bettr facilities than iim-k and i)

hey saurabh,

thanx a lot 4 ur inputs. btw r u from mdi? i would like 2 talk to you. may i have ur no. u can mail me ur no. at alankar.chandra@gmail.com 😃

Go to MDI boss, college makes a difference only to a certain extent, and MDI can definately be considered among d best.. once u pass out, its all upto u and yr performance in d industry..
Risk mat le, Join MDI

Hi,

First of all, this is my personal opinion :)

Second congrats for MDI.

I cant tell you what to do and what not but I can certainly tell you good and some not so good things about MDI.

+

1. You get excellent faculty.
  2. You get huge exposure to industry. Almost every week you would meet some hotshot from industry.
  3. You would get a job that pays you atleast 8lacs an year (I am assuming you would use you work ex and get placed in lateral placements)
  4. Management at MDI is very serisous about raising it at par with IIMs. I know this is difficult and would take time but rest assured that with their kind of efforts, it is bound to happen sooner than later.
-
  1. An IIM tag stays with you for the rest of your life time. You can ask people who are B School graduates, while shifting jobs, you are preffered over any Bschool, be it MDI, XL, FMS if you are from even I, K (and no disrespects to anyone)
  2. Huge huge alumni bases at ABC (not so large for LIK).
I guess this helps 😃 If you wanna know anything in particular about MDI, lemme know.
I am @saurabh.

hi friends,

me with 1 year workex+engineer. got thru mdi this year. shd i join mdi this year or prepare for iim a/b/c next year. what difference does a/b/c make to the career apart from brand name, both in short term and long term? Also what r the prospects of doing mba abroad. thanks for ur help 😃