MDI-07:Stage 1,post your queries here!

901 Posts  ·  263 Users
About this group
Welcome people. MDI beckons! The form notification has come out in almost all the newspapers by now. Forms too will be available pretty soon. so shoot your queries,doubts,questions and the mandevians will help u out. All the best to e...
Page 1 of 91
I m gettin 69 in QA-19 n DI-50 n in VA a score of 1 to 36 according to diffrnt institutes so overall a score of 70 to 95.....according to times my score comes out to be 85.... my scores in X is 73.8% XII is 75.8% n B.Tech. 62.3%
do i stand a chance of call frm mdi? in genral, hr or ib? i hav filled all three n m desperate to get into mdi....plz puys guide me.......
Tnx in advance

continue on this thread guys
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/mdi-gurgaon-2008-10-admissions-25024554

as per ur query good chance for PGPIM and PGHR
can't say for PGPM
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

I m gettin 69 in QA-19 n DI-50 n in VA a score of 1 to 36 according to diffrnt institutes so overall a score of 70 to 95.....according to times my score comes out to be 85.... my scores in X is 73.8% XII is 75.8% n B.Tech. 62.3%
do i stand a chance of call frm mdi? in genral, hr or ib? i hav filled all three n m desperate to get into mdi....plz puys guide me.......
Tnx in advance

vikram.989 Says
hii wanted to knowoverall and sectional cutoffs forpgdmpgdm-hrpgdm-imfor mdiplz help.i think its 1500 for each na..

yea...the form price is teh same for all

As for cutoffs..PGPM is 98+ ..not very high sectional cutoffs, so if you don't do too well in a section with good overall you should get a call :)

For HR, cutoff must be around 95/96+...not sure though
and a bit lower for IM....I guess 92+ should fetch a call for IM ..again not sure about this one

hii wanted to knowoverall and sectional cutoffs forpgdmpgdm-hrpgdm-imfor mdiplz help.i think its 1500 for each na..

Hi there ,
I gotta 36 months exp & prep. for CAT-2007. I got some queries regardin MDI......
  1. In which month the course starts normally & do the institution allow to join late in case some one is not relieved by the employer ?
  2. What can be the safe zone for the person havin the work exp in the range of 36 months ?
  3. Is there any sectional cutt off for the MDI ?
  4. What is the weightage of GD/PI in the final selection process ?
  5. What is the approx converstion rate ........ I mean say out of 100 calls how many canditate make it to final list ?
  6. whats the total number of seats for the general category candidate ?
    I have heard that one has to write an essay in the GD /PI round ....is that true ?
Pls enlighten me .........
Thanks & With Regards

i am not an MDI student but i think i can answer few of your questions..

1) normally in the last week of june. dunno anything about late joining.
2) this year i guess the cut-off is 98% . Better aim for 98%+ .
3) yeah. varies from year to year though. aim for 90+ in all 3 sections and you should be safe.
4) no idea
5) there are 120 seats in MDI PGPM and around 950 candidates are short listed for GD-PI
6) as far as i know all 120 seats are merit based. not sure though. this year we weren't asked to write any essay during GD-PI.

hope it helped

Cheers,
Deepu.
Hi there ,
I gotta 36 months exp & prep. for CAT-2007. I got some queries regardin MDI......

1. In which month the course starts normally & do the institution allow to join late in case some one is not relieved by the employer ?
  2. What can be the safe zone for the person havin the work exp in the range of 36 months ?
  3. Is there any sectional cutt off for the MDI ?
  4. What is the weightage of GD/PI in the final selection process ?
  5. What is the approx converstion rate ........ I mean say out of 100 calls how many canditate make it to final list ?
  6. whats the total number of seats for the general category candidate ?
    I have heard that one has to write an essay in the GD /PI round ....is that true ?
Pls enlighten me .........
Thanks & With Regards

Hey ALL THE BEST puys !!!

Hey puys,

The GD/PI' s are starting today...all the best to all of you!!

HI Folks.

Go Air 2 tickets (One Way) available from Hyderabad to Bangalore for 14th March Dep time:8.20 Am. price :1225 per ticket. Contact me @ 9849244627/ 9949579003. even those wanting single ticket to Bangalore can contact me.

Me and a friend of mine had my GD/PI on 15th at Bangalore and we requested the institute to reschedule. But later on we didnt get a reply and hence we booked the tickets to Bangalore and mailed them not to consider our reschedulement. But now our GD/PI is postponed to Gurgaon on 28th.

In case your friends need this ticket please let them know as well..

Sorry to spam here but before cancelling our tickets we just thought of posting it here as it can of help to some one else.

Yoga is derived from the Sanskrit word yuj to yoke, join, union. So yoga means union of the individual consciousness with universal consciousness.
In the Gita, Shri Krishna says: Yogah Karmasu Kaushalam Yoga is Skillfulness in Action.

Shri Krishnas words in the Gita: yoga karmasu kaushalam. Doing your work well is (true) yoga.
-----------------
what is freedom from paap (vice) and punya (virtue) mean and what is efficient use of karma (karmasu kaushalam). Krishna truly is talking about pursuit of excellence. Karmas are binding only when you do karma with your desires and when you think you control the results. If you have no personal desires and you are totally ready to accept whatever outcome is there, there is no relationship between you and the karma or the result. And then there is no question of vice or virtue. The interesting part is that Krishna calls this as efficient karma (karmasu kaushalam). It is efficient for many reasons but most importantly of all is that total energy is focused on the work and not on desires or expectation of result. And what can be a more efficient use of work. Krishnas statement is purely mathematical here.