McMaster Univ-DeGroote MBA 2013 applicants

41 Posts  ·  21 Users
About this group
Hi Puys, Welcome to DeGroote Fall'13 thread... Pls share your application and admit status here... I submitted my application in second week of Jan , interviewed on 6 march and received the admit on same day. Hope to have a nice d...
Page 1 of 5

Hi everyone !! Did any of you get your visa yet? Do we have to pay the first year's tuition fees before applying for the visa? I just did my medical today and am planning to apply by next week.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Itna sannata kyu hai bhai...lets keep the thread active... as we are going to be future class mates ,i believe it would be nice to know each other.
Lets share our likes,dislikes,hobbies etc.

2 comments
crazyhim
@crazyhim  ·  0 karma

hey pal,forget about likes,dislikes nobody is even discussing about course,visa ,gic etc etc ,...I appeal all the future students to kindly join the thread bcoz I have lots of queries to discuss.Also it would be wonderful if a senior of degroote can help us out here....

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
ahmba
@ahmba  ·  0 karma

Compile a list of all your names and ids and send it to me. Why is this conversation only confined to this blog? Start a mail thread with all ur batch mates. We are there to help you out with everything u need. Just send me ur ids and I'll ask my other friends to join in and help u guys with anything you need.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Just declined McMaster's offer. Best of luck to you all. (I don't have better offers. Just can't afford it. so the choice of declining is not about a better position)

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey Guys!!..

Congrats to all those admitted to DeGroote!!.. and Best of luck to those still in the process

Guys.. I'm stuck in a dilemma out here and would really appreciate if you could share your opinions for it! I have an admit from UoA (Alberta) and McMaster (Full-time) and I'm confused on which one to pick..

UoA Pros:

1. Job market good! (Can get absorbed easily)

2. Pay package post MBA above avg. compared to DeGroote (McMaster)

3. 16 month program (DeGroote 20 months)

4. Tuition Fees a-bit less compared to DeGroote

UoA Cons:

1. May not be able to specialize in Finance

2. Too Cold Weather

McMaster Pros:

1. Proximity to Toronto

2. Surely can specialize in Finance

3. Scholarship Awarded ($5000 not much again! compared to $62,000 Tuition Fees)

3. Good Climate

Any help would be highly appreciated!!😃

1 comment
amit2k11
@amit2k11  ·  0 karma

If totally depends on what are you Post MBA goals and how closely a particular school is able to match them. Having said that the best way to come to a conclusion will be to talk to Seniors of either school. Research about the Job market too will surely help. And yeah in Western Canada, UBC and UoF A have considerable recognition in the Job market. Hence post MBA opportunities should be good.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys, has anyone started their visa process?

18 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 18
amrendra1
@amrendra1  ·  0 karma
@itsmba and @crazyhim ...thanks for the info....i would check with my local RTO.....
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
amrendra1
@amrendra1  ·  0 karma

and update you if i get any info about it

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Now, all I have in mind is "scholarship,scholarship, scholarship". Can someone tell me about this?

Do you have any scholarships/ awards/ TA/RA in your packages? They didn't mention anything about it in the email. There wasn't even a link to their scholarship page.

How much exactly does the 2year program cost?How much is the living costs if you live in Burlington VS Toronto?

how do you plan on financing the program? Does the school offer any funding?. Are there any loans available to internationals?

+ I have to decide on my school. I applied to 6, heard only from 4 and got admitted to all 4. so 4 out of 6. It all comes down to scholarships for me. So help me figure it out
8 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 8
mehrabounr
@mehrabounr  ·  0 karma

Thanks. Will do. but as you say no fat scholarships. Even if they give like a 10K (Steve told me they have 1K-10k scholarships) it would be lost in the +80K cost for 2years.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
karthik070289
@karthik070289  ·  0 karma

May i ask what your percentage was in undergraduate studies and GMAT score./? Thanks in advance

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
mgmg McMaster is the fastest school I had dealt with so far. had my interview just yesterday at 9AM (their time). I thought it was the worst interview ever cause it lasted just 12minutes and I tried to keep it going with asking questions. Even then it was under 30min. I though well, that was it for DeGroote.
I just got my admission email (I applied to FT program not Co-op). Freaky! less than 24hours they have already decided.
Don't get me wrong. I'm happy that I got in just saying they work differently.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey guys,

I have applied for the FT MBA(SCM) starting this August. Had my interview on the 23rd April. As usual, the instructions said it would be half an hour and so on. Turns out, my interview lasted exactly 9minutes and 50 seconds long. However, it went really smooth, I was totally prepared, and somehow I felt that Steve (The Admissions guy) repeated it thrice that I would hear from them within a week, and if not, to call any one of them and follow up.

Any of you make anything of that? Also, for anyone who has completed his course there, or is undergoing his course, could you'll share information on the sort of companies that visit your Campus recruitment Fairs, what specialization are they interested in etc.??

Fingers crossed till I hear from them! rolleyes

5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
crazyhim
@crazyhim  ·  0 karma
@dj14 ...Welcome aboard pals....plz join the mcmaster fb page -Degroote school of business or just ping me urs fb prf names and i will add u..We can discuss things out there about mcmaster.Congrats again..:)
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
amrendra1
@amrendra1  ·  0 karma

congrats to all who received admits....anyone from Pune?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey guys,
Congrats on your admits. Did the school offer anyone any kind of financial aid?
I applied to the FT not co-op.
-----------------
I just got an invitation for an interview with Dory. What should I expect? What did they ask you in the interview.

4 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 4
mehrabounr
@mehrabounr  ·  0 karma

Did the interview. Was so disappointed. Don't know if it was me or them. they asked 6-7questions really fast and was done with it in less than 15minutes. If I hadn't asked any questions they would had gone that soon. I'm not sure if it was me that caused teh short interview or it's their routine

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
itsmba
@itsmba  ·  0 karma

Its their routine. Mine was well within 20min.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi guys! I have been following the posts in this forum for some time and it has been very informative. I have got an admit for the degroote co op mba program for fall 2013. Did any of you start with the visa process yet?

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
itsmba
@itsmba  ·  0 karma

Congrats on your admit... I have started collecting the relevant documents for the VISA. I will be sending my application by the first week of may.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
nisargshah8
@nisargshah8  ·  0 karma

Hi, first of all thanks for your inputs and efforts.

I need info on the co-op interview as to how exactly it is conducted and what was ur exp. I have my interview this week. Any help is appreciated.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...