McGill 2011

72 Posts  ·  18 Users
About this group
Hey guys, anybody aspiring or heading to McGill in Montreal for Fall 2011 ?
Page 1 of 8

Hi target2011mba,

My interview is scheduled after couple of days.

Could you share your experience of the interview.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

AnyBody joining to McGill MBA 2014 class from India? I have an Admit from McGill and accepted the offer.

Let me know if anybody else are also joining.......

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

My interview is due in next 15 days.... guys please help me with your experience.

Can please share your interview experience in details with questions being asked, and the points about the interview panel

thanks

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello ppl!

It was really a fun reading this thread! was like a journey :)

I applied to desautels in dec. second week but I havent received any reply yet. do they really take so much time? I would like someone to give me reviews of the program. Here's my brief profile.

GMAT: 700
ielts: 8.0
workex: 30months substantial experience in metals manufacturing (mining related rather).
gpa: avg.
extracurrics: good
community service: good

Have applied to Sauder as well and also have an admit from illinois with 7.5k/yr schol. I would also like to know how generous is mcgill in giving away schols.

Cheers!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Does anybody have any information on career services at Desautels? Numbers or percentages perhaps? I just want to know how fellow Indians already at Desautels (or alums) are faring in terms of placements. Thanks

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Guys,

I have been a silent observer here at pagalguy.com. Can someone please review my profile:

My details are:

GMAT: 590 (44Q, 27V, AWA - 5)
Undergraduate from Mumbai University: 68% (am not sure how much GPA that stands for)
MBA: 61% (I completed a 2 year full time MBA from a Tier 2 B-School, Mumbai University in 2003)
Work Experience: Close to 8 years (In Equity Research, Investment Banking, Private Equity)
EC: Decent
Fundamentally very sound knowledge of Finance

I don't want to change tracks and will look for jobs in Consulting/Finance.

Am apprehensive about my low GMAT score. Do you think I stand a chance for an admit at Mcgill?

Regards,
Dinesh

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Puys

Planning to apply for next fall

In the Tution Fees section they have mentioned

Tution (Per year) $34,750.Is it Tution fee for the whole 20 months or for the second year there is a similar fees?

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hello every one, I am also joining Desautels this fall, I received CAQ confirmation email yesterday, Not sure how much time it will take for the actual letter.
In the CAQ email it is written that Quebec Immi. Has transmitted the result to embassy (new delhi), I think we can apply for visa before receiving the actual CAQ letter, any advice?
Toby. I am also planning to submit TOEFL score instead of IELTS. To my knowledge the student visa process is fast these days, It should not take more than 3 weeks.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Amy,

I think the IELTS score comes under the 'Strongly recommended' items, and not the 'Requirements' per se. It would be wise to submit a copy of your IELTS/TOEFL score.

Do you have any idea about how long the entire study permit process would take? I heard they've improved the process.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Guys!

Guess everyone's with their CAQ by now. So has anyone started with the study permit process? The visa website states IELTS score requirement... any comments on that?

Amy

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...