MCA or MBA which is better?

3 Posts  ·  5 Users
About this group
Hi I am 21 y of age currently working in Patni computers a software company as Associate engineer . I have done my BSc. computer science with 73 % marks from pune university. I want to do my PG (distance learning) Can u just suggest me which is go...
Page 1 of 1
Hi I am 21 y of age currently working in Patni computers a software company as Associate engineer . I have done my BSc. computer science with 73 % marks from pune university. I want to do my PG (distance learning) Can u just suggest me which is good for me MCA or MBA (from IGNOU or other as well ) . I have interest in programming very much . But i want good and growing career oportunities .
please do advice me !!!
Thank you !

Both are very different from each other. And it is a myth that to 'grow' one needs to do an MBA.

In my opinion, managerial skills can't be taught only by text books. You may learn everything about accounts and marketing theories, but in a distance MBA program, you won't acquire the required skillsets.

On the other hand, if you do MCA from IGNOU, there will be practical sessions. Also technical stuff can be learnt thru text books.

I would suggest you do an MCA now. By the time you finish it, you will have 3 years of experience. this will also give you a clear idea about your interests. If you still want to do an MBA, after working for a couple of more years, you can do a 1 year MBA from a good school like ISB, GLIM, SPJIMR, XLRI etc. That will give a major boost to your career.

PS: BITS Pilani as a very good MS program thru distance learning. Why don't you try that http://www.bits-pilani.ac.in/dlp-home/
Assistant Professor of Marketing, University of Leeds, UK (All views personal)
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

in software field...the best option is MCA...MBA because u get wel paid and if u wish u can work and do a correspondence course also...MBA Finance and Marketing is the best option for the future ade better trymca...you should go for MCA......see the best option for u after u r bca is mca coz u r basic is computers so u can do it easly but if u hav to do MBA u need to know about accounts its is very tuff

Edinburgh Accommodation NBA and NCAA Picks

Hi I am 21 y of age currently working in Patni computers a software company as Associate engineer . I have done my BSc. computer science with 73 % marks from pune university. I want to do my PG (distance learning) Can u just suggest me which is good for me MCA or MBA (from IGNOU or other as well ) . I have interest in programming very much . But i want good and growing career oportunities .
please do advice me !!!
Thank you !