MBA Timing-Plz Help!!

2 Posts  ·  6 Users
About this group
Hi... I am currently persuing CA. I am doing my articleship from an MNC with a profile of risk based consultancy. I will be appearing for my CA final exmas in May 2008. I want to persue an MBA (Finance) in future but I am a little confus...
Page 1 of 1
Hi...

I am currently persuing CA. I am doing my articleship from an MNC with a profile of risk based consultancy. I will be appearing for my CA final exmas in May 2008.

I want to persue an MBA (Finance) in future but I am a little confused about the right timing of the same. The first option available is to give CAT in 2008 and start off with my MBA if I am able to make it in the top 5-6 B Schools. The other option in my mind is to work for 2-3 years after qualifying CA and thereafter do an MBA from a good foreign university.

Kindly suggest keeping in mind the alternative that will best suit my overall career growth.

Thanks...

Jatin

Jatin, 6 months prep part time is less post CA finals unless you are a brilliant student and already started CAT prep along with CA final prep. Assuming you are trying fulltime after CA exam without going for job, it will be tough but possible. You can try CAT-2009 also while working FT. I will suggest going for job post CA, preferably in some consultancy in Tax/fin area--PWC, EY etc

If you are plng to go for job, in good orgn, taking CAT after 2-3 years only aiming top 3-4 IIMs/XL/MDI will be a good option. US/UK MBA options will be also open subject to cost etc. 5+ plus experience will be ideal if you are looking for very good foreign univs like HBS, Stanford, LBS, Insead etc. Cracking CA first shot will get you a good opening in big 4 consulting firm and boost to your CV when u apply to foreign univs. Try to avoid IT sector if u are planning for foreign MBA.
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Hi...

I am currently persuing CA. I am doing my articleship from an MNC with a profile of risk based consultancy. I will be appearing for my CA final exmas in May 2008.

I want to persue an MBA (Finance) in future but I am a little confused about the right timing of the same. The first option available is to give CAT in 2008 and start off with my MBA if I am able to make it in the top 5-6 B Schools. The other option in my mind is to work for 2-3 years after qualifying CA and thereafter do an MBA from a good foreign university.

Kindly suggest keeping in mind the alternative that will best suit my overall career growth.

Thanks...

Jatin

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.