MBA-Qualifiers (2019)

54 Posts  ·  1,230 Users
About this group

The sole purpose of the group is to excel all the areas to crack CAT, NMAT, SNAP and other competetive exams.

Daily discussion of Quants, DI-LR, Verbal. 

Focus on positive vibes and every aspect to grow together.

Page 1 of 6

Shyam visited Ram on vacation. In the mornings, they both would go for yoga. In the evenings they would play tennis. To have more fun, they indulge only in one actively per day, i.e., either they went for yoga or played tennis each day. There were days when they were lazy and stayed home all day long. There were 24 mornings when they did nothing, 14 evenings when they stayed at home and a total of 22 days when they did yoga or played tennis. For how many days Shyam stayed with Ram?

1. 32
  2. 24
  3. 30
  4. None of these.
2 comments
tanushka98
@tanushka98  ·  1 karma

D?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
cat_insane
@cat_insane  ·  2 karma

@tanushka98 Try again D is not the answer .. this question is a past CAT question

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Xat contains Poem based Comprehension questions.
Here is a famous one 

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/45474/o-captain-my-captain

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Astronomer: Most stars are born in groups of thousands, each star in a group forming from the same parent cloud of gas. Each cloud has a unique, homogeneous chemical composition. Therefore, whenever two stars have the same chemical composition as each other, they must have originated from the same cloud of gas.

Which of the following, if true, would most strengthen the astronomer’s argument?

(A) In some groups of stars, not every star originated from the same parent cloud of gas.

(B) Clouds of gas of similar or identical chemical composition may be remote from each other.

(C) Whenever a star forms, it inherits the chemical composition of its parent cloud of gas.

(D) Many stars in vastly different parts of the universe are quite similar in their chemical compositions.

(E) Astronomers can at least sometimes precisely determine whether a star has the same chemical composition as its parent cloud of gas.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

A word and number arrangement machine when given an input line of numbers rearranges them following a particular rule in each step. The following is an illustration of an input and rearrangement steps.

Input: 78 37 59 18 48 97 63 47

Step 1: 09 78 37 59 48 63 47 02

Step 2: 10 09 59 48 63 47 02 01

Step 3: 11 10 09 59 48 02 01 03

Step 4: 12 11 10 09 02 01 03 04

Step 5: 01 02 03 04 09 10 11 12

And step 5th is the last step of the above input as the desired arrangement is obtained.

As per the rules followed in the above steps, find out in the following questions the appropriate step for the given input.

Input: 87 73 95 81 84 79 36 74
In step 1, if 79 is related to 04 and in a similar way 74 is related to 01 in step 2. Then in step 4, which 10 is related to?

A- 01
B- 02
C- 03
D- 04
E- 05 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Which Mock Series do you have access to?

We, at PaGaLGuY, are planning things to ease your CAT preparation process. Help us out by answering this question.

More details will be up shortly.

TIME
IMS
CL
If other, please specify
2 answers
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.

In a language, words are made with only three letters A, B and C. The words follow
a fixed sequence.
(1) If X is a viable word sequence ending with A then a B can be added at the end.
(2) If CX is a viable word sequence then so is CXX.
(3) If there are three A's i.e. AAA then the trio can be replaced by a single B.
(4) If there are two B's i.e. BB then the pair can be dropped altogether.
It is known that CA is a viable word.

Example: To obtain CBAAB from CA, the minimum number of steps is:
Step 1: CA
Step 2: CAA
Step 3: CAAAA
Step 4: CBA
Step 5: CBAB
Step 6: CBABBAB
Step 7: CBAAB
In one step only one operation can be carried out.

1. What is the minimum number of steps required to obtain CBBAA from CA?
(A) 5 (B) 6 (C) 7 (D) 8

2. What is the minimum number of steps required to obtain CBBBA from CA?
(A) 8 (B) 9 (C) 10 (D) 11

3. What is the minimum number of steps required to obtain BC from CA?
(A) 3 (B) 5 (C) 6 (D) not possible

4. Starting from CBAB, what is the minimum number of steps required to obtain CBBAB
(A) 4 (B) 5 (C) 6 (D) 7

5. How many steps are required to get CABAB from CA?
(A) 3 (B) 4 (C) 5 (D) 6 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Google drive links of CAT material available It includes- ✓✓22 books of Time material ✓✓ Video lectures ✓✓Other management tests(Sectionals,mocks) ✓✓TIME sectionals ✓✓CAT books (novels, quants,lrdi) ©INBOX if anyone need

1 comment
Adil89
@Adil89  ·  0 karma

kindly share

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

NMAT 2019

1 like1 comment
Jordyy
@Jordyy  ·  0 karma

Is there any WhatsApp group for nmat ?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dates & Fees Important Dates
  • Event
  • Start
  • Registration
  • Tuesday, July 02, 2019
    Thursday, October 03, 2019
    Scheduling
  • Tuesday, July 02, 2019
  • Wednesday, October 16, 2019
    Late Registration
  • Friday, October 04, 2019
    Monday, October 14, 2019
  • Registration - Retake
  • Saturday, October 05, 2019
    Saturday, December 14, 2019

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

FRAUD/SCAM BY FUTUREPLANNERS RUN BY SHYAMAL(9582214756) AND RAHUL(8929932156).

There is massive scam happening in cmat,mat,atma,snap and other mba exams.

I have been looted 5 lakh by 2 agents rahul and shyamal jha.Their 

phone nos are 8929932156 and 9582214756 respectively.

They are currently hiding somewhere in mumbai because dte cap round is going on and they want to collect further payment from students.They have their 

office in suite 104 ,sec 62 ,near jss college noida, UP.Earlier their office was at apra appartment,under some CA office,4th floor,sec 18,noida,UP.Every year they keep 

changing their workplace and phone no.

They also have a website which is futureplanners.co.in.

I could have been  looted even 12 lacks till now,but i caught them at right time.

And this 5 lakh was just the first installment of the five installment which they wanted to extract from me , later they take 5 lakh for document verification but here i caught 

them red handedly as i waited for final merit list as i started doubting them  and to my suprise my rank was not upto the mark of jamnalal bajaj and i will never get it.

So i called them up , and they told me further  that we will throw you to pumba univ pune as we have eaten your money and given seats to other clients.

How they traped me :-

They called me last year to their office and told me that all the top 200 seats in each exam of cmat,atma,mat,snap,ximb and other exam are with us 

and these seats can be only purchased and you cannot come with merit.They further told except cat exam all exams seats are with us and fool are the people 

who study as these seat can be purchased from us only. 

At that time i was hell shocked when they showed me whole proof with students name and seat they purchased of last year.

They even arranged calls of students who were studying last year in colleges.

They then told me , after somedays they will give jamnalal bajaj to me next year .They even showed the proof that all the top 18 students of cmat 

exam last year were sent by us and that to all came from same branch of gurgoan.This was the biggest proof that i could have been shown.After 

knowing to the fact that these seats can be only purchased and i cannot come with hardwork,i agreed to their demand.

Now when finally when the result came they gave me 99.9X score in exam and that score is not upto mark to go to jb as past records are witness.

This was because they had already sold these seats to other people and they were making fool of me. And when now i contact them for returning my 

money , they still are fooling me by telling that all people with atma and mat score in final merit list are fakely created by us and they will

vanish in cap round 2 and you will get jamanal bajaj.Now i am telling them to return my money since past two days but still they are making excuses

and not giving my money back.I told them thousand times since past two days that just return my money and i will not open your scam.I further told them  that you can 

sell as many seats to which ever people you want and you can carry on with your scam  for years but i want my money back and want to get rid of you guys.

But despite of my so many warning ,they didnt budge down and told that "do whatever  you want ,money is supreme of all.This is  buisness of crores ". But at last i had to come forward

and open this scam. Slowly earlier only ,i was  also getting  to sense that these are fraud people and they have already sold these seats to other people at  exuberant rates.

And now they have instructed google ,youtube ,facebook and the sites to block my content ,destroy all accounts and i cannot publish it.And all my accounts are being monitored and destroyed.

But let me tell them clearly , dont take my  silence as my weakness. I have all the proof starting from the point where i got to know about their trap and loot.And 

when right time will come, i can disclose the full proof of dossier which i have.Instead of questioning my stance,  guys just think i have saved lakhs of people 

who give these exams , do coaching and discuss exam strategies and what score will i get despite the fact that all the seats have been sold before the exam starts.

And to some people,dont worry about my ethic , my money lost  or my intension or whether i am spam.

Just enter their room and see all seats are hanging like commodity and they can be only be purchased .Evrything will be displayed to you 'naked open'.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...