MBA PT from MDI GURGAON or CFA from AIMR

3 Posts  ·  3 Users
About this group
Hi, I'm working in a MNC as Management Reporting and Analysis professonal. My work profile consist of data mining, financial reporting, People reporting, etc. It widely consist of office management. I am confused to decide between CFA from US...
Page 1 of 1

Hi,

I'm working in a MNC as Management Reporting and Analysis professonal. My work profile consist of data mining, financial reporting, People reporting, etc. It widely consist of office management. I am confused to decide between CFA from US or MBA PT from MDI, Gurgaon. Kindly let me know which one is better suited? Cost for both is kind of equal to me as Company is willing to majority fund it.:huh:

CFA self study (without access to placements) is benefical for 2 categories:

1) Those who are freshers and want to kickstart their career in finance at the fresher level of compensation.

2) Those who are already working in finance and want to upgrade their knowledge to move up in their organisation vertically.

You do not belong to category 2 since you are not working in 'CFA Technical skills'.

Remember CFA is a technical course and by technicals i mean fields related to Equity/fixed income/derivatives/portfolio management/risk management/M&A.;

You do not belong to category 1 since you are already working in a MNC. After CFA, if you are willing to start career in 'technical skills', you can.

But remember you need to start fresh at the lowest level (analyst) at a fresher package.

No one will hand you plum IB/corporate finance front end job just because you are a CFA. Those jobs go to fresh IIM/top MBA grads or CFA with relevant experience.

You should do MBA PT from MDI. MDI brand is a killer on resume and should help you to move in a mangerial role- managing teams/regions.
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Hi,

I'm working in a MNC as Management Reporting and Analysis professonal. My work profile consist of data mining, financial reporting, People reporting, etc. It widely consist of office management. I am confused to decide between CFA from US or MBA PT from MDI, Gurgaon. Kindly let me know which one is better suited? Cost for both is kind of equal to me as Company is willing to majority fund it.:huh:

Depends on what career path you want dude ! If you are okay in your current work profile, then doing an MBA makes more sense but if you want to break-into Ibanking, Trading, Equity Research, then I guess CFA will be a better bet.

My advise is, focus on your priorities first and then take a decision because you can't compare apples to oranges and comparing CFA with MBA is doing just the same.

Hi,