mba preparation

10 Posts  ·  5 Users
About this group
Hey frenss ...can u help me plz...i have my accenture joining from 24th august...and i m in middle of preparation for mba..i think i cn make it to a gud b-school if i prepare well...if i go 4 accenture now, i wont b able to prepare much during job...
Page 1 of 1
anushamittal Says
tell me how to close this thread ...i m nt gettin d link..

Unfortunately you need to be a moderator to close the thread..Dont worry I will do the honours..

Please dont open up a thread for your personal queries and do use the private message facility
Success retained me as a boy, but failure(s) made me a man IIM Calcutta - Class of 2012
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Glad that I could be of some help. You will definitely like it at Accenture. :)

Few tips:
No 'sir' calling here. All are fellow puys.. ;)
When replying to a post, 'quote' the post you are referring to. I had to find out which post of yours was meant for me.
And use the 'Thanks' feature extensively instead of making a new post for thanking.

Good luck and happy PGing..

@Mods: Please close this thread. Thanks. :)

tell me how to close this thread ...i m nt gettin d link..
anushamittal Says
thanx a lot sir ...ur reply ws really helpul....actually i hv posted 1st tym in PG ....so i ws nt aware of dis thread...Well thanx 4 ur help...:-P i hope dat i ll continue wid my joinin nw...everythin else depends on destiny n luck...!! ;)

Glad that I could be of some help. You will definitely like it at Accenture. :)

Few tips:
No 'sir' calling here. All are fellow puys.. ;)
When replying to a post, 'quote' the post you are referring to. I had to find out which post of yours was meant for me.
And use the 'Thanks' feature extensively instead of making a new post for thanking.

Good luck and happy PGing..

@Mods: Please close this thread. Thanks. 😃
hi anusha
as i told u earlier not to get ur DOJ of accenture postponed. I m happy to c u tht u r going wid accy ryt nw besides preparing for mba 😉 i hope u might hav recpgnised me. ;)

hey khushboo..???;)
anushamittal Says
Hey frenss ...can u help me plz...i have my accenture joining from 24th august...and i m in middle of preparation for mba..i think i cn make it to a gud b-school if i prepare well...if i go 4 accenture now, i wont b able to prepare much during job training...n lettin accntr go is also nt easy...cn any1 suggest wat shud i do...these guyz are nt picking up their phone, so i cnt ask them bout postponing my joining..i m in dilemma..plz giv ur sugeestions...

hi anusha
as i told u earlier not to get ur DOJ of accenture postponed. I m happy to c u tht u r going wid accy ryt nw besides preparing for mba 😉 i hope u might hav recpgnised me. 😉

hey thanx .....u r rite...i wl go ahead wid mah job...so whr is ur joining btw..i got it in mumbai.. n yeah al d best to u too....:-P

thanx a lot sir ...ur reply ws really helpul....actually i hv posted 1st tym in PG ....so i ws nt aware of dis thread...Well thanx 4 ur help...:-P i hope dat i ll continue wid my joinin nw...everythin else depends on destiny n luck...!! 😉

anushamittal Says
Hey frenss ...can u help me plz...i have my accenture joining from 24th august...and i m in middle of preparation for mba..i think i cn make it to a gud b-school if i prepare well...if i go 4 accenture now, i wont b able to prepare much during job training...n lettin accntr go is also nt easy...cn any1 suggest wat shud i do...these guyz are nt picking up their phone, so i cnt ask them bout postponing my joining..i m in dilemma..plz giv ur sugeestions...

Hi Anusha,

Don't let go of the offer for your 'MBA preparations' unless you are dying for an MBA right now, that too from an IIM/ FMS/ XLRI.

There might be a huge amount of love I have for the company as it was my first firm, but hey, Accenture is one of the best places to start your career at and unless you land up in some unlucky project, life will be good even at work. Don't miss out on the opportunity.

HRs won't pick up your call as these people are used to and also fed up of getting zillions of calls from people like you during the induction season. You may try dropping them an email.

There are two minor risks if you postpone the offer:
1) If you got the offer through campus placement, you stand risk of being separated from your friends. Different cities. (Happened to me, but was not an issue as I like anonymity)

2) If in the later batches their requirement for a particular stream (Java, Cognos, Testing etc) change, which in all probability will narrow down, you will end up in some stream you might not like (Testing? 😛 ).

In short, do not take the risk of declining the offer. Try your best to get in touch with the HRs, cite some lame excuse and get it postponed. If not, just join as scheduled.

And the most important thing:
Please do not open new threads for individual queries. Use the search facility to find existing threads. You may post further queries here:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/personal-career-cat-job-dilemma-queries-a-repository-25009670
anushamittal Says

i won't advice u to postpone ur joining i'm in the same situation and will be joining in August .If u r confident dat u can make into a gud b-school ,go ahead with ur job ...it will only add to ur chances as u need workx too while applying , delaying would only create unnecessary problemsI know it's not easy too prepare while working especially with a new job,but dat's what an MBA does :w00t:...adapt to the situation as soon n comfortably as possible.

All the VERY BEST for ur preparations!!!!
"If Winter comes, can Spring be far behind?"---P.B.Shelley