MBA/PGDM admission PROCESS in INDIA ..WHY THIS "KOLAVERY".?????

8 Posts  ·  3 Users
About this group
Hi guys.. I am new to paagalguy but now a days I login everyday atleast for 4 hours.. During last one year, since I am aspiring for an MBA I found so many Stages/Steps/Processes with several Management Instututions and Testing Bodies wh...
Page 1 of 1

its not about "kolavery"..its all the thing comes in the way is all about the terms of process and the consequences of the exact placement and the all concern of the preference of getting in the speciality of the MBA course..its very easy steps..u can also apply online for that and can choose the best colleges as per ranking concern..the top colleges in India are named as-

1.IIMs

2.SYMBIOSIS            

3.LPU

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@nihit @curtz-imi @Scorpio_19@naga25french@avinashkrjha@visionIIM-ACL@grondmaster@MANI123 @manni123@prince1

Hey veterans puys..
Just share your thoughts on this thread and comment/Correct me if I am wrong.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
UBS Chandigarh..

Their Application cost around 2000 and total programme fee is around 60K for 2 Year. In general this kind of Govt. funded institutions get almost 1000 to 1500 applications which collects a revenue of around 3000000 (30 Lakh Rupees).

So my point is- UBS chandigarh assumes that teaching a batch of 100 students a year (30 Lakh fee collected) is equally or less expensive business than 'Shorlisting 1500 application and calling 500 for GD/PI to their HOME (UBS campus)'.
OR
Application fee is a way to fund intitute finances for government funded intituions. I am not sure what should I call it for private instituons which are already costing in the range of 6-22 Lakh for 2 Year programme.

Is it not unethical for a Government (MBA) Institution to cost those struglling**students for the future of their MBA graduates.

**Rarely any TATA BIRLA studies/studied in government funded Instituion.

Why this
KOLAVERY
Jacky..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

CMAT admit card.
They say --

Paste you recent passport
size photo here and get
this ADMIT CARD
ATTESTED

Now CMAT itself has defined the honesty and Integrity of a Government Gazzeted Officer* by issuing this instruction. Because, you have the printout of your admit card, there is no Original document, its a print out. So the question is why some Government Gazzeted Officer will attest such a xerox/print which does not have its Original. Obviously ek bhaye hi dusre bhaye ke kaam aata hai. I hope you undertand the meaning.

And if CMAT assume that 'The Print' out itself is 'The Original Document' then why attestation. I will be carrying 'The Original Document' (admit card) with government approved ID having address and DOB.

*If CMAT assumes ATTESTED mean ATTESTED by government gazzeted officer

Why this KOLAVERY

Jacky..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

DoMS of IITs have started taking its cream through CAT, So why not a single window process as that of New IIMs. Although It had announced last year of such a sytem but nobody heard anyhting about that initiative after that announcement.

You have similar brand name, similar Curriculam, similar reputation, single entrance so why not single WAT/PI..
One has to spend 10K for all IIT Doms application, and with rigid GD/PI venue. Most of the time single place venue in a country of 3,287,000 km ˛.
Applicants pay anything between 1000 to 2000 for an IIT DoMS application. But rarely he gets any GD/PI venue/date choice. That also in a country where rails ticket have started booking in black. Otherwise you have to book that 4 months in advance. Flight fare are piercing Exosphere, backed by governmnet owned airlines which runs with vacant seats and their officials say thats a system error.

Why this KOLAVERY
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Why most of the B-schools in our country (specially private) close their application registration window sufficiently before CAT results.

I Can't name every school.. Numbers can cross several hundreds..

Why this KOLAVERY.??
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

1. The B-schools which ask for the Xerox copy of CAT score, while it's manadatory to mention your CAT registration ID and email ID.

B-Schools I noted - NITIE, DSE (MIB+MHROD)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi guys..

I am new to paagalguy but now a days I login everyday atleast for 4 hours..

During last one year, since I am aspiring for an MBA I found so many Stages/Steps/Processes with several Management Instututions and Testing Bodies which I felt like unncessary (KOLAVERY my own definition)..

WHY THIS KOLAVERY..??

(a) Is that Stage/Step/Process justified..?? If yes What is the Justification/Purpose of this Stage/Step/Process ??
(b) Is it just an unnessary hasle just to boast for genuineness of the system (admission Process) Or its not at all possible to without his process.?
(c) Is it Ethical..??

Well, I am not 100% sure on my own logics against some of the KOLAVERYs..
I will post my noted KOLAVERYs, If you have answers please reply on the given formate given above, If possible..

OR
You have noted any KOLAVERY at any stage in any B-school or Testing Bodies, you can share your view.

Newcomer
Jacky.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...