MBA in Singapore,Hongkong

34 Posts  ·  26 Users
About this group
Need some advise ...... I have got a Gmat score of 670(48Q,34V). Work Ex - 5 years (IT background - experience includes technical , functional/domain, some presales , consulting to some extent) Strong acads , Engg from N.I.T I am lookin...
Page 1 of 4

Hi guys, have just accepted admit into HKU MBA program.  Any other who have joined/ planning to join the program?

1 comment
hanish.satija
@hanish.satija  ·  0 karma

Hey what has been the cut off for the program?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I want to pursue my MBA from Singapore. Can anyone help me out??

5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
akkuk
@akkuk  ·  0 karma

Oh! Thank you so much for your help.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
drspdalal978
@drspdalal978  ·  0 karma

Hey akku kumar...I am from Delhi....i wana pursue mba frm singapore...when do admissions take place?..please share your e-mail id...i am comin singapore injuly...could u give some time thr?...thx

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

i want to do mba from hongkong,plz give suggestions

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

I want to know about HK UST MBA.
I plan to study abroad and most likely come back to India for work. Hence more keen on joining an Asian B school.
Please share your views on -
a. courses offered at this B school
b. prospects of finding a job in India after graduation (will have to be off campus placement route).

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@connectansh: Can u share some information that u could gather regarding HKU MBA placements. I have got an admit and currently evaluating my options, I also waiting to hear back from Nanyang regarding their final decision. Therefore information regarding HKU placement would really help..

Thanks,
dhruv

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I could approach the HKU delegate and ask questions. I had a fifteen minute conversation with Mr Sachin Tipnis. (you can find him using google) I discussed my profile with him and let him know about my interest in Strategy Consulting. He clarified my mind quite a bit and said initially i may have to work with some boutique or niche consulting firms in HK region and then move on to likes of McKinsey later on. Also, there are quite a few people there who are switching fom other domains to consulting post MBA 😃 One thing, i have realised in the past few months is that it is not difficult to switch to a career in consulting after MBA provided you graduate from a top B-School whether in India or abroad.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
ghk
@ghk  ·  0 karma

@ connectash - I have a similar goal, Strategy/Business development but i'm also inclined towards i-banking since both of these would lead me towards my long term goal!!
btw when the HKu delegates came to your town how was the communication? Was it like they give you a presentation and give room for QnA or is it like you can approach them one on one and ask your questions?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@ghk - True, this is one reason why i am opting for HK over mainland China 😛 I feel HK is a safer bet. While i met the HKU delegate at the QS tour in Delhi, I saw the placement statistics for Indian students for 2009. Most of them are placed in HK-Singapore region itself. I am targetting a position in strategic/management consulting post my MBA. How about you ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
ghk
@ghk  ·  0 karma

@connectansh, Thats an impressive list!! Good luck..

China focus and studying in china are great BUT they might prove to be very very risky if:

1. After studies you want to work abroad
2. Do not know Mandarin - Its simple, No Mandarin, No job in China.

But Hong Kong is a different story. English is fine although if you know cantonese, then will be on a networking spree with the local businessmen!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@ghk - I am targetting HKU, HKUST, NUS and MBS. Maybe, i will apply to IUJ as well, although i am not sure about that mate 😃
@Nishant - China focus may be a good thing keeping in mind the fact that the sature of China may only get bigger in the future as an economic entity.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...